Kansas game time

eulessau

On 3/22/2019 at 2:46 PM, JwgreDeux said:

I don't have time (as I haven't much of this season) to do a full preview, but I have identified some areas that should encourage us going into this game. Many of the stat comparisons with Kansas are very even across the board, as is our record, and many of the metric rankings. However, in the stats you will find that our weaknesses don't particularly align with Kansas's strengths. (Example: Kansas Off Rebounds/Gm9.3 (#107) AU Offensive Rebounds allowed per game 8.9 (#241)Opp Off Rebounds/Gm).

We allow too many offensive rebounds per game, but Kansas isn't an elite offensive rebounding team. However, there are a couple areas of stats that line up in our favor quite dramatically. I have discussed previously how one of the ways we win even when we don't shoot a high percentage is we find a way to out attempt other teams. Well Kansas is particularly bad about that: (AU FGA/Game60.3 (#58) Kansas Opp 61.1 (#308)Opp FGA/Game). They are one of the worst in college basketball and we are towards the top in attempts per game. Also: ( AU 3PA/Game30.0 (#4) Kansas Opp 25.5 (#316)Opp 3PA/Game). They are even worse at 3pts attempts given up and we nearly lead the nation in attempts. Further: (AU 3PM/Game11.4 (#3) Kansas Opp 8.5 (#271)Opp 3PM/Game). They allow one of the nations highest amounts of 3pts made per game, and we again are elite here. 

One of the ways we get all these attempts is by turning teams over. Guess who is not very good in this area? First, we aren't great at limiting turnovers, but Kansas isn't good at forcing them: (AU Turnovers/Game12.1 (#92) Kansas Opp 12.8 (#175)Opp Turnovers/Game,  AU Turnovers/Play14.9% (#74) Kansas Opp 15.7% (#215)Opp Turnovers/Play). But when you look at Kansas vs our defense: ( Kansas Turnovers/Game13.0 (#181) AU Opp 17.5 (#4)Opp Turnovers/Game, Kansas Turnovers/Play16.0% (#161) AU Opp 21.9% (#1)Opp Turnovers/Play). Again they are weak in this area and we are elite. 

So two areas of concern for them are areas of strength for us, where our primary area of concern is not a strength of theirs. If we show up and play an average game on both ends,  I think it is enough for the win. 

You ABSOLUTELY NAILED this preview. Because of your post, I kept telling my text buddies Kansas had ZERO chance of coming back because of their low three%.

AUsome AUsome AUsome preview!!!! WARRRRRRRRRRRRR DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNN EAAAAAAAAAAAGLE!!!!!

6 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

You ABSOLUTELY NAILED this preview. Because of your post, I kept telling my text buddies Kansas had ZERO chance of coming back because of their low three%.

AUsome AUsome AUsome preview!!!! WARRRRRRRRRRRRR DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNN EAAAAAAAAAAAGLE!!!!!

Thanks. Sometimes it goes the way you draw it up. Great job by the staff and CBP in prep and the players in execution. Got a little sloppy in the second half but s great program win!!!!

Archived