Trump surprises his own aides by reversing North Korea sanctions

homersapien

The tweeted announcement came one day after Treasury rolled out the new punishments.

President Donald Trump on Friday declared he would reverse new sanctions on North Korea that his administration rolled out just a day before, deepening concerns that the ostensible leader of the free world is at odds with his own team as he makes American foreign policy in spontaneous 280-character bursts.

The sudden move left the White House groping for an explanation, telling reporters only that Trump “likes” North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un......

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/22/trump-north-korea-sanctions-remove-1232586

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Inmates running the asylum. 

I can only imagine the blood curdling screams from current Trump supporters if Obama had done this exact same thing. 

3 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

I can only imagine the blood curdling screams from current Trump supporters if Obama had done this exact same thing. 

And yet, no more missile launches since Trump cracked down on Kim (which if I remember correctly, you said that was going to start a war), relations between NK and SK have improved; leaders meeting regularly;  mines being removed on the DMZ and a road opened up between the two countries...but yeah; the current admin is the one with the problem.  When are you guys ever going to be right about anything? 

Oh, and how 'bout that collusion thing; well, technically, non thing?  That still the end of the world too?  My, my, my...I would think in your quest for the truth; you guys would be celebrating...after a 2 year investigation, we now know that the CiC, nor his staff, colluded with the Russians.  I would think a patriot would be rejoicing at having that spectre removed....yeah; the smart people proved not very smart again.  

7 minutes ago, japantiger said:

And yet, no more missile launches since Trump cracked down on Kim (which if I remember correctly, you said that was going to start a war), relations between NK and SK have improved; leaders meeting regularly;  mines being removed on the DMZ and a road opened up between the two countries...but yeah; the current admin is the one with the problem.  When are you guys ever going to be right about anything? 

Oh, and how 'bout that collusion thing; well, technically, non thing?  That still the end of the world too?  My, my, my...I would think in your quest for the truth; you guys would be celebrating...after a 2 year investigation, we now know that the CiC, nor his staff, colluded with the Russians.  I would think a patriot would be rejoicing at having that spectre removed....yeah; the smart people proved not very smart again.  

Kim is trembling . You’re more delusional than I thought.

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

Kim is trembling . You’re more delusional than I thought.

And yet, no more missile launches, relations between the 2 Korea's are better, remains being returned to the US, our allies in the region are happier and safer.....I could go on...but, hey, you just keep putting out those hard hitting facts Tex...

616.jpg

3 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

You mean like when he gave Iran $150B in cash?

43 minutes ago, japantiger said:

And yet, no more missile launches, relations between the 2 Korea's are better, remains being returned to the US, our allies in the region are happier and safer.....I could go on...but, hey, you just keep putting out those hard hitting facts Tex...

616.jpg

Stay ignorant. It suits you.

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Stay ignorant. It suits you.

Still waiting on you to go after any fact of the current situation relative to the status quo of the prior 30 years that led to nuclear standoff....But I know you won't.  TDS is all you've got.  

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Just a couple of 'Dear Leaders' in love with each other.

What could go wrong?

Must really be tuff being you today.  

anti-trump-liberals-dont-want-peace-to-m

1 hour ago, japantiger said:

Still waiting on you to go after any fact of the current situation relative to the status quo of the prior 30 years that led to nuclear standoff....But I know you won't.  TDS is all you've got.  

Blind cultist.

2 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Ok, let’s play. Yes, just like that. Where have you been as Trump pulls his version of foreign policy stupidity?

2 hours ago, japantiger said:

Well, if I understand your question, N. Korea now possesses a nuclear bomb and the capability to deliver it to the US homeland.

That seems like a "fact of the current situation relative to the status quo of the prior 30 years".

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Well, if I understand your question, N. Korea now possesses a nuclear bomb and the capability to deliver it to the US homeland.

That seems like a "fact of the current situation relative to the status quo of the prior 30 years".

Said bomb developed under previous administrations....so, you obviously don't understand the question; or like usual; you're being willfully ignorant.   

16 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Said bomb developed under previous administrations....so, you obviously don't understand the question; or like usual; you're being willfully ignorant.   

Moving the goal post?  Iran was developing a nuclear weapon also. 

N. Korea has now deployed one, along with an ICBM.

And that question was obtuse. You are a willful jerk.

1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

Changing the game since you were rebutted but Ok.......Please tell me what foreign policy is stupid.

I'll give you a long time to think about it since I'm gonna watch lots of basketball.

Let’s start with this move - reversing the sanctions his own administration put in place just one day later. Either he doesn’t have a clue what he’s doing, doesn’t have a clue what his staff is doing, didn’t think it through the first time, or is out of his depth. It’s a bungle you’d never let a Dem get away with. 

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

Moving the goal post?  Iran was developing a nuclear weapon also. 

N. Korea has now deployed one, along with an ICBM.

And that question was obtuse. You are a willful jerk.

Nope...didn't move the goal post...ready my post.  Pretty clear....the NK's started exploding nukes in 2006 Homes...but, they've stopped doing it for the last 2 years....same with missiles...so again, please point out one thing that is not demostrably better since this admin put the hammer down on rocket-man and made him come to the negotiating table...

1 hour ago, japantiger said:

Nope...didn't move the goal post...ready my post.  Pretty clear....the NK's started exploding nukes in 2006 Homes...but, they've stopped doing it for the last 2 years....same with missiles...so again, please point out one thing that is not demostrably better since this admin put the hammer down on rocket-man and made him come to the negotiating table...

"put the hammer down"?   :laugh:  You need to keep up:

Mar 22

It was announced today by the U.S. Treasury that additional large scale Sanctions would be added to those already existing Sanctions on North Korea. I have today ordered the withdrawal of those additional Sanctions!

And "making" Kim to come to the negotiating table? :rolleyes:  A bilateral meeting with the POTUS was a propaganda gift to Kim. Trump hasn't a clue about who he is dealing with.

Kim Jong Un Gets to Sit at the Cool Table Now

Trump’s handshake gave North Korea the status boost marginal states crave.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2018/06/21/kim-jong-un-gets-to-sit-at-the-cool-table-now/

1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

Last I read he hadn't decided to do that but was contemplating it. But even if he does it isn't a big deal in the bigger picture of our steps with NK. If sanctions are reversed it will help the starving people of NK. Meanwhile Trump has got Kin to the table twice in front of the world. NK has not had any long range missile launches in a long time. All adds up to a plus for Trump so far.

Next.

You’re dodging. 

13 hours ago, homersapien said:

"put the hammer down"?   :laugh:  You need to keep up:

Mar 22

It was announced today by the U.S. Treasury that additional large scale Sanctions would be added to those already existing Sanctions on North Korea. I have today ordered the withdrawal of those additional Sanctions!

And "making" Kim to come to the negotiating table? :rolleyes:  A bilateral meeting with the POTUS was a propaganda gift to Kim. Trump hasn't a clue about who he is dealing with.

Kim Jong Un Gets to Sit at the Cool Table Now

Trump’s handshake gave North Korea the status boost marginal states crave.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2018/06/21/kim-jong-un-gets-to-sit-at-the-cool-table-now/

Wow, a foreign policy opinion piece.  You really showed me.  And still no missile tests, no launches, allies in the region happier, threat of war greatly reduced, DMZ being dismantled .... And all it costs us was....hhmmm....nothing.

Yeah, I can see why the smart people like you and at foreign policy don't like that.  They also didn't like us telling NATO to pay their damn bills.  Homey seriously dude, how are you never right?  Never.  100% of the time wrong...its truly a gift.

On 3/23/2019 at 12:35 PM, Proud Tiger said:

Actually he returned that money. It belonged to them.

It was part of the non nuclear development deal he made. A deal which was actually working, unlike the situation in N. Korea.

2 hours ago, japantiger said:

Wow, a foreign policy opinion piece.  You really showed me.  And still no missile tests, no launches, allies in the region happier, threat of war greatly reduced, DMZ being dismantled .... And all it costs us was....hhmmm....nothing.

Yeah, I can see why the smart people like you and at foreign policy don't like that.  They also didn't like us telling NATO to pay their damn bills.  Homey seriously dude, how are you never right?  Never.  100% of the time wrong...its truly a gift.

Kim got everything he wanted - international prestige and his nuclear and missile programs are still intact.  He can resume testing anytime he needs to.

And you are full of s*** regarding NATO. We didn't have to threaten to exit or put our commitment to Article 5 in doubt in order to get the membership to up their anti.  That could have been done diplomatically, not by threats. 

Putin sure liked it though.  Makes one suspect Trump was sucking up to him for say, personal business reasons.  Let's hope he doesn't decide to roll the dice and test Trump's commitment somewhere. I guarantee he's calculating it.

And I don't sure as hell don't care about some MAGA telling me how wrong I am and how right Trump is.  If anything, that suggests just the opposite. 

I have a reading assignment for you an other MAGAs:  Look up the terms "soft power" and check out some of the leads. Trump has no regard soft power and we - and the world - are worse off for it.  Trump is totally ignorant and there is no effective foreign policy system in his administration.  They are often working at cross purposes - just as the recent announcement on N. Korean sanctions illustrate.  Trump approaches foreign policy like a mob boss and most countries - both allies and enemies - now have his number. Putin, Xi and Kim in particular.

Fortunately, they all recognize he won't last very long and when he leaves his policies will be reversed.

You need to wean yourself from the Cult-45 mindset and start thinking critically.

17 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Kim got everything he wanted - international prestige and his nuclear and missile programs are still intact.  He can resume testing anytime he needs to.

And you are full of s*** regarding NATO. We didn't have to threaten to exit or put our commitment to Article 5 in doubt in order to get the membership to up their anti.  That could have been done diplomatically, not by threats. 

Putin sure liked it though.  Makes one suspect Trump was sucking up to him for say, personal business reasons.  Let's hope he doesn't decide to roll the dice and test Trump's commitment somewhere. I guarantee he's calculating it.

And I don't sure as hell don't care about some MAGA telling me how wrong I am and how right Trump is.  If anything, that suggests just the opposite. 

I have a reading assignment for you an other MAGAs:  Look up the terms "soft power" and check out some of the leads. Trump has no regard soft power and we - and the world - are worse off for it.  Trump is totally ignorant and there is no effective foreign policy system in his administration.  They are often working at cross purposes - just as the recent announcement on N. Korean sanctions illustrate.  Trump approaches foreign policy like a mob boss and most countries - both allies and enemies - now have his number. Putin, Xi and Kim in particular.

Fortunately, they all recognize he won't last very long and when he leaves his policies will be reversed.

You need to wean yourself from the Cult-45 mindset and start thinking critically.

And yet, still no missile tests, no nuke tests, DMZ being dismantled, regional Allies happier, threat of war eliminated, and the sanctions Trump put in place that his predecessors removed are all still in place.  But yeah; reads like failure to me ( said no one ever).

As for NATO...maybe you missed this....https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/01/27/nato-members-increase-defence-spending-100-billion-donald-trump/

My God Homey...you've done it again....100% wrong.  My favorite quote by the NATO Secretary General:

“What he’s doing is to help us adapt the alliance, which we need,” he added. "This is a clear message to Russia and I think they see that." 

OMG, he said clear message to Russia....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha

Oh yeah, educate me about "soft power" Homey.... I guess that's like "leading from behind" or  calling someone the "JV team" or the classic "peace in our time"...

Jens Stoltenberg said on Sunday that the alliance had heard Mr Trump's call for non-US members to shoulder a greater financial burden "loud and clear" and that allies are "stepping up."

In conciliatory comments apparently designed to smooth over repeated public criticism of other alliance members by the US leader, Mr Stoltenberg said member states had agreed to add $100 billion to defence budgets over the next two years.

Speaking on Fox News, a channel favoured by the president, Mr Stoltenberg praised Mr Trump's tough line.  

"President Trump has been very clear. He is committed to NATO… but at the same time he has clearly stated that NATO allies need to invest more," said the former Norwegian prime minister.

"So we see some real money and real results, and we see that a clear message from President Trump is having an impact. NATO allies have heard the president loud and clear. NATO allies are stepping up."

“What he’s doing is to help us adapt the alliance, which we need,” he added. "This is a clear message to Russia and I think they see that." 

th?id=OIP.BoF7-jy-tUymZGUJIxrN2gHaFj&pid

4 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

I'm not dodging anything. You made accusations you can't back up but won't admit.

Total dodging.

I made an accusation based on the original post.  And what I said was accurate - if Obama had done (or even considered doing) something like this, there would have been no end to the wailing and gnashing of teeth over it here by you and your ilk.  You know it, I know it.  To even be considering reneging on sanctions his own administration just put in demonstrates a level of incoherence that's inexcusable at this level.

The rest is the typical smokescreen bull**** you engage in when someone points out the bleeding obvious.

Archived