Baseball vs. Mississippi State Game 1

9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I love me some BRUUUUUUUUUUCE but man Butch is not far behind. WOOO!!!! Both have been God sends for both programs. 

We now have the head baseball coach that I wanted to hire back when we hired Pawloski in 2009. If anybody cares enough, I suppose that's on record either here or on Jay G. Tate's forum when he was at the Montgomery Advertiser. Butch Thompson as Aburn's HC was a no-brainer even back then. We are very, very lucky that Butch was still available.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

Not sure me shaving off my mustache would look good with my long lumberjack beard.

Very happy to get this win, though. Our bullpen continues to just be lights out and one of the best.

Lol you too........debated shaving mine few days back to make sure I still have neck lmao

11 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

I prefer The Mountie

Y5KU.gif

Too stuffy and conventional....and that red color is all wrong. Big Canada is kind of a rogue.....

29 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Lol you too........debated shaving mine few days back to make sure I still have neck lmao

You're not allowed to shave it right now.

17 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

You're not allowed to shave it right now.

Yeppers........cant upset mojo........lol I once drove around close to the entire season with my front Auburn tag upside down till Auburn won lol...........Thank God for New Mexico State 🤣

46 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Too stuffy and conventional....and that red color is all wrong. Big Canada is kind of a rogue.....

It mostly comes from my love of 90s pro wrestling.  Used to be a character named The Mountie who was "Handsome, Brave, and Strong" and who " Always got his man!".  

6 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

It mostly comes from my love of 90s pro wrestling.  Used to be a character named The Mountie who was "Handsome, Brave, and Strong" and who " Always got his man!".  

Anytime I see a Mountie I always think of 

1 hour ago, kevon67 said:

Yeppers........cant upset mojo........lol I once drove around close to the entire season with my front Auburn tag upside down till Auburn won lol...........Thank God for New Mexico State 🤣

1994 Auburn/ LSU game was that game for me. I was working and took my lunch break to listen to part of the game. That was when Auburn had the first pick six of the afternoon. Then when the second one happened I continued to drive around Pell City Alabama for the rest of the game. Longest lunch break I ever took. I didn't have a cell phone then so no one knew where I was. Fortunately I was the manager so I didn't technically have to report to anyone else. I'm not superstitious at all but I just couldn't stop listening once the come back started.

5 hours ago, gr82be said:

1994 Auburn/ LSU game was that game for me. I was working and took my lunch break to listen to part of the game. That was when Auburn had the first pick six of the afternoon. Then when the second one happened I continued to drive around Pell City Alabama for the rest of the game. Longest lunch break I ever took. I didn't have a cell phone then so no one knew where I was. Fortunately I was the manager so I didn't technically have to report to anyone else. I'm not superstitious at all but I just couldn't stop listening once the come back started.

Was fortunate enough to be at the game.............until the first pick six had all but lost hope on any chance of victory and Lone Star Steakhouse Montgomery was calling my name😂

• WarTiger changed the title to Baseball vs. Mississippi State Game 1

Archived