Women vs. BYU Tournament game thread

WarTiger

We can't stop them defensively at all.   We aren't generating the turnovers that we normally do.   Alexander with a THREE.   49-39

Thompson offensive rebound and fouled.    FT good.  2nd lane violation on Auburn.   56-42  8 minutes to go. 

We have done very little on the defensive end the entire game.   We can't seem to get any stops on defense.  

McKay to the basket and scores.  Auburn steal, inside to Mckay and she's fouled.   On that foul, byu has a player foul out with 6:56 to play.    FT no good.  2nd good.  58-46

6:23 to play.  McKay fouled in the backcourt and Auburn is in the bonus.  McKay will shoot 2 after the byu timeout.

3:30 to play.   64-53.  timeout byu.   McKay is struggling in the 2nd half after sustaining some type of injury.  She's out of the game right now.

Primm offensive rebound, scores and FOULED.     FT no good, but lane violation Auburn anyway.   65-61.   1:55 to paly

Looks like Auburn is going to drop this one.  We really closed the game well increasing the pressure, we just had too deep of a hole to get out of.    Again, lots of shots early were half way down and came out.    Thompson at the line for 2.   1st good  2nd no good. 72-64

Thanks for the PBP....so many other things going on I was not able to keep up with this game....tough game against a higher seeded team.    AU still lacking a reliable scorer from the games I saw during the season. 

For a period of time earlier in the season, Auburn looked like a different team. Players were hitting shots and there seemed to be some level of organization on offense. Comments were made here on this forum that the team looked very different and much better than the Coach Flo teams of the past. Then for some reason for the last several games the team reverted to what it has been in prior years.

You could have photoshopped the uniforms and faces, showed me a video of yesterday's game and I'd have said "Coach Flo" in less than one minute.

Also, whatever we called ourselves running on defense yesterday, BYU guards Chase and Gonzalez figured it out and scored almost whenever they wanted to the entire second half. That part wasn't normal, so we combined our traditional bad offense with bad defense. It was a disturbing game to end the season on.

Archived