2019 Spring Practice Updates

AUght2win

8 hours ago, api1957 said:

Even though he has lifetime eligibility that he granted himself. He has graciously taken pity on college football and just decided to retire to hold up the Earth. 

I believe he is working on the global warming issue as we type.  No worries.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Win4AU said:

And equestrian, and possibly baseball.  Gymnastics not too shabby either.

16-0 baby going for the double ship again!!!  Way to go girls!!

Now onto spring practice...heard that Joiner is lighting it up running...not a H-back type but evolving role...Joey G...also showing out a little...but again only one practice in pads and Tega stopping the rush...but that is all that I have heard...by no means am I an insider so take it for what it's worth...

5 hours ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

16-0 baby going for the double ship again!!!  Way to go girls!!

Now onto spring practice...heard that Joiner is lighting it up running...not a H-back type but evolving role...Joey G...also showing out a little...but again only one practice in pads and Tega stopping the rush...but that is all that I have heard...by no means am I an insider so take it for what it's worth...

Joiner could be a fun weapon to have. People forget how GREAT Eric Smith was at H Back in 2009. Joiner is much more athletic and has much more potential.

4 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Joiner could be a fun weapon to have. People forget how GREAT Eric Smith was at H Back in 2009. Joiner is much more athletic and has much more potential.

How so?

On 3/24/2019 at 9:56 PM, Win4AU said:

And equestrian, and possibly baseball.  Gymnastics not too shabby either.

What's amazing to me is that the Equestrian team doesn't even use the same horses all of the time. The horses don't travel except to championship meets and even then there is a draw to level the playing field. 

28 minutes ago, gr82be said:

What's amazing to me is that the Equestrian team doesn't even use the same horses all of the time. The horses don't travel except to championship meets and even then there is a draw to level the playing field. 

My grand daughter rode at NC State her freshman year and said they drew for the horses they were to ride and then had about 15 or 20 minutes to get acquainted with the horse before starting their presentation.  Kind of like NASCAR putting all the car numbers in a jug and letting drivers randomly pick which car they would drive…..could make for an interesting race. 

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

They all must be 5* horses and coached up.

On 3/24/2019 at 8:49 PM, 3rdgeneration said:

Probably good for Gus at this point, that he is not getting the daily proctological exam from the critics. :Sing:

dang 3rd:timeout:

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

My grand daughter rode at NC State her freshman year and said they drew for the horses they were to ride and then had about 15 or 20 minutes to get acquainted with the horse before starting their presentation.  Kind of like NASCAR putting all the car numbers in a jug and letting drivers randomly pick which car they would drive…..could make for an interesting race. 

I did not know that.  Seems very odd.  The bond a rider and their horse has is what usually would set you apart.  Really levels the playing field.

That would make NASCAR more interesting

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

They all must be 5* horses and coached up.

😁     obviously...but most of these horses are provided by the opposing team.....so probably are just 2* players....

6 hours ago, McLoofus said:

How so?

Maybe his head's on a little straighter than ES?  IIRC ES could be his own worst enemy at times.

4 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Maybe his head's on a little straighter than ES?  IIRC ES could be his own worst enemy at times.

But a hell of a HB

48 minutes ago, saminbama said:

Screenshot_20190326-161327~2.png

Screenshot_20190326-161535~2.png

11 hours ago, McLoofus said:

How so?

Faster, in better shape, taller, more agile, better hands, more versatile? ES might be a better blocker, but just look at footage from both of them. 

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

But a hell of a HB

Absolutely!

I remember him getting into penalty trouble on occassion for maybe being a little too fiery at the other team, etc, but get the ball to him and he made big time plays.

3 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Tell Gus to come stream my playlist if he really wants to be in tuned

You got some Cardi B? 

11 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Faster, in better shape, taller, more agile, better hands, more versatile? ES might be a better blocker, but just look at footage from both of them. 

The footage I've seen of Eric Smith is from college football. So it doesn't really compare.

Better hands? Don't remember Smith dropping passes.

Some of those other things might be accurate but they would also be true of tons of guys every year who aren't half the *football player* that Smith was.

Archived