2019 Spring Practice Updates

AUght2win

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

Here we go....Can this man please have a role on this team? McClain that is..

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

Good for him 👍

Maybe Bruce can teach Gus a lesson on how to be #Auburnfast and not just talk about it. 

1 hour ago, Randman5000 said:

The scrimmage was bland....Wouldn't expect anything else. 😎

Wait a minute! You telling me Gus has another offensive plan that is not bland? Holy Crap! When did this happen?😯

1 hour ago, ArgoEagle said:

Wait a minute! You telling me Gus has another offensive plan that is not bland? Holy Crap! When did this happen?😯

Occasionally on our first drive 

4 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

Well there's the last one we played. You know, the one where he was the only one calling all the plays? First time in years. Lets see...Purdue...bowl game...pretty lopsided...

34 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

What was Sandberg thinking throwing a seam to the TE? Doesn't he know that's not allowed?

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

Great stuff. Thanks man. Things that stood out to me are my man McClain being impressive(btw I am formally claiming him this year as my man crush). Pappoe picking things up fast(not surprised btw) Mike handling Derrick on the line and Gatewood still doing his thang.

9 hours ago, auburnphan said:

So MW is slowly going down. Sandberg seems to be surging . Bo is doing his thing and Gatewood looks the best in contact.

3 hours ago, DAG said:

So MW is slowly going down. Sandberg seems to be surging . Bo is doing his thing and Gatewood looks the best in contact.

Sounds like the same Malik everyone saw last year.  I wouldn’t get too crazy about Cord if he was playing against 3rd teamers.  It would have been nice to hear more about Gatewoods throwing ability.  Hopefully the 2nd scrimmage will be live as well and we’ll get more intel.

Glad the QB's are going live. Now is the time to find out what they can do. Let the best man win.

24 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Sounds like the same Malik everyone saw last year.  I wouldn’t get too crazy about Cord if he was playing against 3rd teamers.  It would have been nice to hear more about Gatewoods throwing ability.  Hopefully the 2nd scrimmage will be live as well and we’ll get more intel.

The fact that nothing was said speaks volumes. 

45 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The fact that nothing was said speaks volumes. 

I don’t know if it means a lot.  The only passes mentioned were Sandberg’s long pass to Fromm and the Td passes.  I’m interested in seeing the pecking order in practice this week.  That will say a lot.

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

I don’t know if it means a lot.  The only passes mentioned were Sandberg’s long pass to Fromm and the Td passes.  I’m interested in seeing the pecking order in practice this week.  That will say a lot.

The article emphasized the good in each player mentioned.  The only mention of Gatewood was he looked more impressive going live and taking contact.  Cord and Bo mentioned throws they made.  To me, it looks like Gatewood didn’t achieve much in the passing department, but that’s only reading the update in the article.

It’s still way to early to make any evaluations as to the pecking order, IMHO.  Just waiting to see who trots out there to take the first snap on August 31st.

Lettermen were in attendance of practice on Saturday...maybe one of them can give us a review....I did hear the DB's were crushing the receivers...

On 3/30/2019 at 3:51 PM, auburnphan said:

Well, if the guys don't pull out the W tomorrow at least I will be able to bash and blame Gus for it in Todd's threads!!!!    lol

UPDATE:   Gus has to swap contracts with Bruce.  All of Auburn Nation rejoices!!!!  I dream, I dream.

20 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

UPDATE:   Gus has to swap contracts with Bruce.  All of Auburn Nation rejoices!!!!  I dream, I dream.

I've been out of likes since the game ended but I like how you think. We may start seeing Gus sweat like Bruce next season. 

Archived