For Auburn fans going to Kansas City

SKIPPER_01

Who all is going? Has anyone of heard where AU fans will be getting together?

I heard the place to be is the power and light district. Fanfest will be there.

Wife and I are getting in town Thursday night. Staying downtown at hotel phillips. 

What's yalls plans?

I live in KC now. Obviously the biggest thing you need to do if you've never been is get some BBQ. There are a number of great places. Arthur Bryant's and Gates are some of the iconic old school spots, but if you are truly looking for the best BBQ I'd stay away from these.

My current top 5 in KC Metro in no particular order (I also mostly base my rankings on brisket and burnt ends because if you can't get pork right you have no business being mentioned)

Oklahoma Joe's (Now Joe's KC)

Q39

Blind Box

Scott's Kitchen (only open for breakfast and lunch. This is right next to the airport. HIGHLY recommended if you fly in/out and are able to get here before they close)

SLAPs 

Jack Stack (I know this is 6, but Jack Stack is kind of a category of it's own, think the fine dining version of BBQ)

Another one I won't include in my actual recommendations because I haven't been to yet, but is supposed to be good and is in the power and light district is County Road Ice House. They are a spin off collaboration with Joe's KC so I assume it's very good, but since I haven't been there I don't know for sure.

11 hours ago, SKIPPER_01 said:

Who all is going? Has anyone of heard where AU fans will be getting together?

I heard the place to be is the power and light district. Fanfest will be there.

Wife and I are getting in town Thursday night. Staying downtown at hotel phillips. 

What's yalls plans?

I have friends that are going. I don't know where they are staying.

I received an email from the Auburn Alumni Association that there will be an Auburn group at McFadden's Sports Saloon in KC on March 28 from 6pm to 8pm.  Don't know anything about it; it just said join us for some pre-game fun.

2 hours ago, WDEKC said:

I live in KC now. Obviously the biggest thing you need to do if you've never been is get some BBQ. There are a number of great places. Arthur Bryant's and Gates are some of the iconic old school spots, but if you are truly looking for the best BBQ I'd stay away from these.

My current top 5 in KC Metro in no particular order (I also mostly base my rankings on brisket and burnt ends because if you can't get pork right you have no business being mentioned)

Q39

Blind Box

Scott's Kitchen (only open for breakfast and lunch. This is right next to the airport. HIGHLY recommended if you fly in/out and are able to get here before they close)

SLAPs 

Jack Stack (I know this is 6, but Jack Stack is kind of a category of it's own, think the fine dining version of BBQ)

Another one I won't include in my actual recommendations because I haven't been to yet, but is supposed to be good and is in the power and light district is County Road Ice House. They are a spin off collaboration with Joe's KC so I assume it's very good, but since I haven't been there I don't know for sure.

Also if you go to Jack's Stack, get the fried mushroom appetizer.  They're huge and delicious.

11 hours ago, WDEKC said:

Q39

Blind Box

SLAPs 

Thank you very much for the recommendations! We will Def go to a couple of these places.

I have figured out that fanfest is at a place called Kansas City live. It is a covered pavilion right beside (on west side) of the sprint center.

Joe’s Kansas City BarBQue Restaurant and Tank 7 craft beer by Boulevard Brewing Co are must haves while visiting KC. 

1 hour ago, WarEagle123 said:

What sections are the auburn sections

Man, this is my first basketball tournament, but to answer your question, I don't think it works like that. There are four teams that can buy tickets for both games on friday. (I.e. I'm gonna stay and watch the Kentucky game after Auburn) we are sitting in 115, row 7. $400ea for "full strip) tickets. This gets you Sunday games as well.

The school did get tickets. In the lower level they are 115 and 116.  I don't think they are the full section. We also got tickets in the uppers in levels 219-222.  The first email I got from TUF said the University only got 1000 tickets. I think they were able to secure more in addition to those 1k though and those are probably the upper level tickets.  I am in section 115 but got my tickets from the secondary market because my options through TUF were limited to the upper.  We are staying at the Hotel Indigo, flying in today (Thursday) and leaving Monday.  

I am hearing lots of rain all weekend.

12 hours ago, SKIPPER_01 said:

Thank you very much for the recommendations! We will Def go to a couple of these places.

I have figured out that fanfest is at a place called Kansas City live. It is a covered pavilion right beside (on west side) of the sprint center.

KC Live is the open air covered pavilion in the middle of power and light district and yes right next to the Sprint center. 

12 hours ago, Gr82batigr said:

Joe’s Kansas City BarBQue Restaurant and Tank 7 craft beer by Boulevard Brewing Co are must haves while visiting KC. 

Boulevard is great and they have many more great beers than just tank 7. Other really good breweries around town are KC Bier Co (you'll find Dunkel on tap at pretty much every bar around town), Torn Label, Cinder Block, Stockyards, there are a lot of good local breweries now.

If you want to explore the city a bit. Crossroads, Westport and country club plaza are good places just a few minutes from downtown. Hopefully it doesn't rain too much this weekend.

It's ridiculous that schools only get 1000 tickets for this event. Lots hands in the pie to make money off an amateur sport.

8 hours ago, AUBourne said:

The school did get tickets. In the lower level they are 115 and 116.  I don't think they are the full section. We also got tickets in the uppers in levels 219-222.  The first email I got from TUF said the University only got 1000 tickets. I think they were able to secure more in addition to those 1k though and those are probably the upper level tickets.  I am in section 115 but got my tickets from the secondary market because my options through TUF were limited to the upper.  We are staying at the Hotel Indigo, flying in today (Thursday) and leaving Monday.  

I am hearing lots of rain all weekend.

Sweet! You are saying that section 115 is the Auburn section?! That is a total lucky fluke that I am in that section. I just went to stub hub and bought the best ticket I could. AUsome!

13 hours ago, SKIPPER_01 said:

You talking about Auburn's 3-point shooting???

😂😂 

I so hope it's true.  I woke up this morning with light pouring in my hotel window and sounds of heavy traffic outside. My first thoughts were of the game. I looked at the clock and saw 3:54.  I panicked and was disappointed that I somehow slept all day. I started grabbing clothes and looked out the window. Turns out downtown Kansas City is just loud and busy at 4am. 

I also live in KC.  My wife and I along with another Auburn alumni will be attending the game today.  Our seats are in section 120.  As mentioned above the power and light district will be the place to be before and after the game. 

Archived