2020 3* QB Chayil Garnett Commits to AU!

aucanucktiger

45 minutes ago, ellitor said:

We have identified & zeroed in on 4* UNC commit Jacolby Criswell should the need arise.

Okay cool! I’ll watch some film on him later. Maybe Gus’ Arkansas connection can help there. UNC is on the rise imo. Can’t imagine Mack Brown is going to stay there for a very long time though unless he’s not as old as he looks lol.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Zeek said:

Okay cool! I’ll watch some film on him later. Maybe Gus’ Arkansas connection can help there. UNC is on the rise imo. Can’t imagine Mack Brown is going to stay there for a very long time though unless he’s not as old as he looks lol.

No matter how old he is he’s got some moxie to him! That Clemson game was awesome. Should’ve kicked the extra point I think, but hindsight...

In four games, Garnett is 10-of-22 passing for 153 yards with two touchdowns and one interception. He’s also rushed for 176 yards and two touchdowns on 17 carries.

6 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

In four games, Garnett is 10-of-22 passing for 153 yards with two touchdowns and one interception. He’s also rushed for 176 yards and two touchdowns on 17 carries.

Strange...that is not much over one game's worth...wonder if he's been hurt or something?

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Strange...that is not much over one game's worth...wonder if he's been hurt or something?

He was hurt to start the season I believe.   Overall he just doesn't appear very good though.

Does he have a skill set similar to Malik Willis?  Anyone know who has actually seen the young man play in person?

5 hours ago, AU64 said:

He's had a broken thumb. Of course, let's don't let a little thing like that keep some of us from griping about his passing. 176 yards rushing on 17 carries is excellent. Maybe more than excellent when the defense knows he isn't able to do much passing.

If you look at their scores each week you’ll see why they don’t pass much. The games are already over by midway through the 2nd quarter  

9 hours ago, Sizzle said:

If you look at their scores each week you’ll see why they don’t pass much. The games are already over by midway through the 2nd quarter  

Yeah here is their schedule so far........Lakeland is a powerhouse in Fl.

Date Opponent Result
8/237:30p
(W) 45 - 0
8/307:30p
(W) 55 - 13
Touchdowns Against Cancer Games

9/67:00p
tac-logo-266x224.png
(W) 38 - 6
9/137:30p
tac-logo-266x224.png
(W) 55 - 19Play video icon

9/207:00p
tac-logo-266x224.png
(W) 37 - 6Play video icon

9/277:30p
tac-logo-266x224.png
(W) 59 - 0Play video icon

10/47:30p
(W) 42 - 6

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Date Opponent Result
(W) 45 - 0
(W) 55 - 13

tac-logo-266x224.png
(W) 38 - 6
tac-logo-266x224.png

tac-logo-266x224.png

tac-logo-266x224.png

(W) 42 - 6

I grew up in Lakeland, when it was still a medium-ish/small town. Are they still the Dreadnoughts (seems nobody would even know what that is anymore)?

3 hours ago, fredst said:

I grew up in Lakeland, when it was still a medium-ish/small town. Are they still the Dreadnoughts (seems nobody would even know what that is anymore)?

10 hours ago, fredst said:

Yes

14 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Date Opponent Result
(W) 45 - 0
(W) 55 - 13

tac-logo-266x224.png
(W) 38 - 6
tac-logo-266x224.png

tac-logo-266x224.png

tac-logo-266x224.png

(W) 42 - 6

I don’t know about Manatee’s football program but their wrestling team is stellar. These are all schools with pretty sizable populations.

It’s impossible to not notice that stadium when driving by.

On 10/7/2019 at 8:32 PM, autan said:

Does he have a skill set similar to Malik Willis?

No. Willis was a runner who threw it some. Garnett is more of a thrower who is mobile, at least he was before he transferred this season.

On 10/7/2019 at 11:41 AM, dyehardfanAU said:

I hope these are pee wee stats 

He runs a 4.79 40 but looks much faster on tape. Completed roughly 61% of his passes last year.

I don't know if his thumb is truly better or if he's still playing through a nagging issue.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

He runs a 4.79 40 but looks much faster on tape. Completed roughly 61% of his passes last year.

I don't know if his thumb is truly better or if he's still playing through a nagging issue.

Yeah this looks faster than a 4.8, but there’s a difference between 40 speed and football speed

• 1 month later...

Listening to that Auburn podcast that Marcello frequents, it gives you good exposition on why he looks more akin to a RB playing QB. They heavily emphasize the run, to the point that the passing game is nonexistent even in practice. As long as his passing intuition before attending Lakeland remains, the  skillset is probably ahead of most dual threats Gus has recruited in the past

• 2 weeks later...

So now that the season is over what is the verdict on this kid? Sounds like a good/smart kid but the stats don't look like a SEC D1 prospect. I could be missing something though.

Archived