Cam'Ron Kelly leaving the program

Timbeaux38

2 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Some football fans are so weird. A kid says he needs to move back home for family reasons and people still complaining smh. Everything isn't about football

IKR

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, gr82be said:

Something to consider. He actually said that it involves his sister and his mother's health. I reread that last night and you can take it two ways. The way you took it which is how I took it the first time or that it involves his mother's health and that his sister is also being affected by it. Could be that his sister is overwhelmed right now with trying to care for the mother. Just a thought. 

Yup....your logic makes perfect sense.   I bet you are right.  Thanks for  your insight.    

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

That's sad. I wish there would've been a way he could have taken care of things at home and returned.

Saw that he landed at UNC. I know that's relatively closer to home but you'd think he'd have gone to UVa. or VT 🤷🏻‍♂️ but I'll admit I haven't looked at the US map recently 😅

21 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Saw that he landed at UNC. I know that's relatively closer to home but you'd think he'd have gone to UVa. or VT 🤷🏻‍♂️ but I'll admit I haven't looked at the US map recently 😅

It’s 3 hours from his hometown to UVA, almost 5 hours to VT. UNC is only 3 1/2

20 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

It's 3 1/2 hours to Chapel Hill from his hometown. UVA is 45 minutes closer and VT is an hour further. UNC apparently was recruiting him hard at the end. Maybe he feels comfortable with M. Brown. 

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

It's 3 1/2 hours to Chapel Hill from his hometown. UVA is 45 minutes closer and VT is an hour further. UNC apparently was recruiting him hard at the end. Maybe he feels comfortable with M. Brown. 

We must’ve been on the same wavelength lol

Sad we're losing a player w/ tremendous potential but family first. Glad we don't have a bag man funneling airplan ticket $ just so we can keep him (not that he would accept anyway, all athletes are not born Gators, Noles or Bamzos).

1 hour ago, JBiGGiE said:

Who knows if they wanted/had room for him, offer a decent degree in his major, etc. 

UNC? 3 & 1/2 hours away? What was wrong with ODU, 11.3 miles from his home? I mean, if his presence is critically needed for family concerns.......

25 minutes ago, Mikey said:

UNC? 3 & 1/2 hours away? What was wrong with ODU, 11.3 miles from his home? I mean, if his presence is critically needed for family concerns.......

Why would a guy that has a future in football go to ODU? If there was ever a guy that truly did not want to leave AU, it’s this guy, but at the end of the day, he still wants to play big time college football. UNC was his best option in that regard given the circumstances.

24 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Why would a guy that has a future in football go to ODU? If there was ever a guy that truly did not want to leave AU, it’s this guy, but at the end of the day, he still wants to play big time college football. UNC was his best option in that regard given the circumstances.

I try not to use the word butthurt too much, but some folks are just gonna stay butthurt about this stuff. 

WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!1111 HE SHOULD'VE JUST WENT TO HIS LOCAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE AND SAID SCREW FOOTBALL IF HIS FAMILY WAS SO SICK

9 minutes ago, Tiger said:

WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!1111 HE SHOULD'VE JUST WENT TO HIS LOCAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE AND SAID SCREW FOOTBALL IF HIS FAMILY WAS SO SICK

Folks who whine about this stuff:

Image result for left at the altar gif

Hope he does well...seems like a guy with his values sorted out....sacrificing something he wants to do in order to support his family....

7 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Has anyone heard the reason why Cam'Ron is leaving Auburn and headed to North Carolina?

Nope. Not a soul. He just showed up at UNC one day no questions asked.

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

er.gif

7 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Why would a guy that has a future in football go to ODU?

If family health concerns are more important than football, which he said they were, then he'd choose the college that's real close to home.

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

I got five dislikes on this post! That must be a record. Of course, two were from charter members of The Pack, so I suppose, like Maris, my record will have an asterisk. Still five on one post is quite an accomplishment and I'll treasure my personal best for as long as it stands.

8 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I got five dislikes on this post! That must be a record. Of course, two were from charter members of The Pack, so I suppose, like Maris, my record will have an asterisk. Still five on one post is quite an accomplishment and I'll treasure my personal best for as long as it stands.

hangover.gif

13 minutes ago, Mikey said:

If family health concerns are more important than football, which he said they were, then he'd choose the college that's real close to home.

The point was to be close to them, if he was needed, and I’m sure so that he could simply drive to see them. 3 1/2 hours is plenty close, compared to 10+ here. He wanted to be able to do that while still being able to still play major D1 football. He also seems like the type that would help his family if made it to the nfl. UNC has a nfl hall of famer As their DB coach so I’m sure that played into his decision too. His school decision is nothing that any fan should be sour about.

Archived