Cam'Ron Kelly leaving the program

Timbeaux38

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I got five dislikes on this post! That must be a record. Of course, two were from charter members of The Pack, so I suppose, like Maris, my record will have an asterisk. Still five on one post is quite an accomplishment and I'll treasure my personal best for as long as it stands.

PhotoGrid_1554506339074~2.jpg

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Mikey said:

I got five dislikes on this post! That must be a record. Of course, two were from charter members of The Pack, so I suppose, like Maris, my record will have an asterisk. Still five on one post is quite an accomplishment and I'll treasure my personal best for as long as it stands.

What Mikey .?   ..that was really you who posted that?    Thought sure it was Homer or someone who had hacked your account to smear you with such an insensitive comment.   Maybe you ought to make it six then.....:)   which would make it possible to remove the asterisk and give you a clear title to the record.

Did your horse step on your foot today....or poop on your boots.....this is not like you?   :dunno: 

38 minutes ago, AU64 said:

What Mikey .?   ..that was really you who posted that?    Thought sure it was Homer or someone who had hacked your account to smear you with such an insensitive comment.   Maybe you ought to make it six then.....:)   which would make it possible to remove the asterisk and give you a clear title to the record.

Did your horse step on your foot today....or poop on your boots.....this is not like you?   :dunno: 

Well that was insensitive. He might’ve liked those boots. I’m sure those boots had a down year though. ;)

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

If family health concerns are more important than football, which he said they were, then he'd choose the college that's real close to home.

Poor baby.

5 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Has anyone heard the reason why Cam'Ron is leaving Auburn and headed to North Carolina?

People on this board are so serious -   I will recap for you:

Cam'Ron grew up a HUGE Tar Heel fan.  When Auburn BB throttled UNC last Friday, (up by 20 in the last minute 'mind you) CamRon flipped!  Trashed his room I heard (that may be conjecture) and packed his car.   Called the AD up there and told them to figure it out.   Whatever that means.  

I may have a detail here or there off a little.   I bet you can find a couple more details buried in this thread.   Also, something about his mom ill and sister is sick or can't take care of mom....I like the first version better.

4 hours ago, gr82be said:

PhotoGrid_1554506339074~2.jpg

I'll count this one and now I'm up to SEVEN! Keep them cards and letters comin' folks!

I think some of you attended too many sensitivity training courses. All I'm doing is applying logic. If there are health problems in the immediate family that are so bad that a player must leave the school he claims to love and there's a school with a football team 11 miles away from home, picking one that's 3 & 1/2 hours away doesn't pass a reasonableness test. However, if "Oh pity the poor lad" makes you feel good about yourself, by all means repeat it frequently.

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

I'll count this one and now I'm up to SEVEN! Keep them cards and letters comin' folks!

I think some of you attended too many sensitivity training courses. All I'm doing is applying logic. If there are health problems in the immediate family that are so bad that a player must leave the school he claims to love and there's a school with a football team 11 miles away from home, picking one that's 3 & 1/2 hours away doesn't pass a reasonableness test. However, if "Oh pity the poor lad" makes you feel good about yourself, by all means repeat it frequently.

Well Mikey, my post had nothing to do with pity for Cam'Ron. You called attention to the fact that you had the most disliked post of the day or maybe ever and in it stated that you would treasure that. I was just giving you an award for your online mantle. My choosing to take him at his word is what I do for people until they give me a reason not too. He said he needed to be closer to home and he is. Just because it's not what you'd do doesn't mean his reason for leaving was bogus. Just because you're a skeptic doesn't mean everyone is. By the way, Cam'Ron doesn't need pity from anyone. Based on what I read in his letter to the coaches and players he is a Christian. Christians aren't promised an easy path. They're just promised they won't have to walk that path alone. His commute won't be a short one but it will be a peaceful one. 

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

I think some of you attended too many sensitivity training courses. 

Says the delicate flower who got his feelings hurt because a kid he's never met went to a different college.

Maybe at least confine your whining to the transfer portal thread?

23 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Says the delicate flower who got his feelings hurt because a kid he's never met went to a different college.

He asked a valid question and applied simple logic. I must ask if a family member is sick and the sister is facing the burden of caring for the sick member alone ( assuming this story is true) how is he planning to help out while living three and a half hours away?  

Why does it have to be to such extremes on this? Obviously 3 hours from home is much closer to his family than Auburn is- nobody said he has to be sharing the same room as his Mother to be involved in her care. I’ve driven 3 hours and back to have a good lunch before, I could sure do it to help out my sick Mom when needed. Also, in the end who cares? If he wanted to leave let him. Would we really want a kid on the team just to make him “be a man of his word”. Cmon man. 

Oh, there’s also this nugget- AU basketball is playing the biggest game in school history in a couple hours so who cares about football news in April!! Ha! :) :) :) 

29 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

I’ve driven 3 hours and back to have a good lunch before,

Hey brother, you can drive ten hours for a good lunch if that’s what you want. Still doesn’t mean it makes sense or is an overall good idea. Yeah, he lives closer to home than Auburn, but if he wants to take care of his family, I’m not sure how he plans on doing that while also juggling his academic and athletic responsibilities. In three and a half hours I could drive from Florence to just south of Montgomery lol. That’s a drive. 

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

What makes you think my feelings are hurt? They are not. If he or anybody else doesn't want to be at Auburn University for whatever reasons, don't let the door hit ya'. Both parties are better off. The excuse given doesn't hold water, seeing as how the closest school with a football team wasn't chosen. That's what I found interesting and was glad to point out.

I don't whine. However, The Pack's whining about Gus is incessant. Perhaps you've been listening to yourself in an echo chamber.

57 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Also, in the end who cares? If he wanted to leave let him. Would we really want a kid on the team just to make him “be a man of his word”

No, we wouldn't want someone on the team that preferred to be at North Carolina. Glad he announced this decision before we started counting on him to help us win games.

Look at his quote. He said he wanted to move “closer” to home,  not home.

I don’t get why folks are questioning his reasoning. I guess people want to place a negative in everything, even if it’s not there.

Good luck to the young man.

58 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I don't whine. However, The Pack's whining about Gus is incessant. Perhaps you've been listening to yourself in an echo chamber.

Ah. Running the "I'm rubber and you're glue" defense. You wily old coot! Reminiscent of Gus dusting off the Wing T. I'll have to make halftime adjustments. 

I don’t know why we’re still talking about any of this, because the kid chose to leave then, to me it’s over. Let’s focus on the kids who are here now and just move on. Why he left and his reasons are moot at this point.

4 minutes ago, toddc said:

I don’t know why we’re still talking about any of this, because the kid chose to leave then, to me it’s over. Let’s focus on the kids who are here now and just move on. Why he left and his reasons are moot at this point.

Exactly! 

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

I’m sorry Mikey but it’s not like he is having to go be the immediate caretaker of his whole family. This isn’t like the Washington LB that cited family health issues that said he wanted to be closer to home and goes all the way across the country to Alabama.

His future matters too ya know, he would be behind the 8 ball for his own future if he goes to ODU over UNC.

”picking a school that’s 3 & 1/2” hours away doesn’t pass the reasonableness test” lol what?

He can literally leave at 7-8 am, be there before lunch, spend 7-8 hours with his family, leave and still be back to campus before 11pm

wow….y'all just won't let this go.....we really need the A-Day game to get under way so people can change their focus and start complaining about the plain vanilla offense and why their favorite QB candidate did not look so good.  

Archived