Softball vs. UGA

I believe a poster here misinterpreted my evaluation of the two players currently under discussion.  I am not saying who should be playing at any position but only looking at some common stats and pointing out that a small sample size can amplify those stats to the "good" or "bad" side.  Maresette has made a move forward this year at the plate; I applaud her for that.  I was at the Gulf Shores game where Godwin got one of her first game at bats and hit a home run.   She has a beautiful swing, a great hitting reputation as a recruit and has had to endure rehab after an injury.  Considering she did not get to participate in the fall she has made tremendous progress.  I do not get to see weekly practice so depend on the coaches to arrange the line up based on what they see.  Like some others I may not always agree but I will always be pulling for the player wearing the AU uniform.

I'm not in love with Maresette's chances against one of the best 2b in the country (Aubrey Leach). Their RF is not that strong however (Bearden/Ayala) so hopefully she'll be able to exploit them if she plays.

Archived