Dear Ref

First off I want to congratulate you on being selected to referee the NCAA basketball tournament. Since not everyone gets that assignment that means you have the respect of your peers and superiors. I appreciate your diligence in doing your job each week. This may or may not be your first trip to the Sweet 16 in 16 seasons but it is Auburn's. It's exciting for the fans as well as the players who worked so hard to get there. I do have a couple of requests. First, be color blind...pay no attention to the uniforms they are wearing. Both teams deserve to be there so let them play. One will go on and one will go home. Let them decide who it is. Second, be consistent. If you call the game tight then call it tight on both ends of the court. If you let them play then let them play on both ends. Mainly, just let them, not you, be the determining factor in the outcome. Last but not least you probably know that the less attention you draw to yourself the more you are appreciated by everyone else...be as invisible as you can be. Looking forward to not seeing you.

Sincerely

Auburn Basketball Fan 

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

Dear Ref

First off I want to congratulate you on being selected to referee the NCAA basketball tournament. Since not everyone gets that assignment that means you have the respect of your peers and superiors. I appreciate your diligence in doing your job each week. This may or may not be your first trip to the Sweet 16 in 16 seasons but it is Auburn's. It's exciting for the fans as well as the players who worked so hard to get there. I do have a couple of requests. First, be color blind...pay no attention to the uniforms they are wearing. Both teams deserve to be there so let them play. One will go on and one will go home. Let them decide who it is. Second, be consistent. If you call the game tight then call it tight on both ends of the court. If you let them play then let them play on both ends. Mainly, just let them, not you, be the determining factor in the outcome. Last but not least you probably know that the less attention you draw to yourself the more you are appreciated by everyone else...be as invisible as you can be. Looking forward to not seeing you.

Sincerely

Auburn Basketball Fan 

I Will say pretty fair so far, but UNC h is getting more bumps called inside on drives than we are.

3 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

I Will say pretty fair so far, but UNC h is getting more bumps called inside on drives than we are.

Agree. I'm just happy we are playing step for step with them. We have a real chance if Brown and Harper can get on track. 

Archived