Men vs. North Carolina game thread

WarTiger

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

There's no more room on the bandwagon, announcers. Got to wait until next year.

Where is that tool from ESPN who said we had no chance. I need some crow.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely incredible team effort . Auburn beat unc everywhere. Ran them off the court in the second . I’m so proud of the team and staff

prayers for Chuma . Praying for speedy recovery . As in 1 day . He is such an impact guy 

3 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

DAMN IT! Why did they have to show the replay of the interview? It's got me tearing up again. 

I'm wondering if he already had an x-ray update at that point. It was heartbreaking watching him. He's genuine. Love that about him. Our team is blessed having him as a mentor and coach. 

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

I'm wondering if he already had an x-ray update at that point. It was heartbreaking watching him. He's genuine. Love that about him. Our team is blessed having him as a mentor and coach. 

I think he had. As soon as he went into the back, they took him for the x-ray. Pearl crying like that doesn't look good for him playing again this year.

First before I talk about the game I am sending my prayers for Chuma. 

Now the game there are not enough superlatives, tough D the whole game, battling on the boards so many different people contributing, Chuma best player on the floor tonight, I remember when we all worried if Harper had to take a break what would we do. The Jvon at the beginning of the year and the Jvon now are two different players. Spencer just finds ways to help his team blocks, steals ugly shots that go in, Mclemore and Wiley both has positive impacts, Doughty and Dunbar, Purifoy getting hot hitting 4 threes and then the missing dynamic duo of Harper and Brown showing up when we needed them after Chuma goes down.

What a coaching job by Bruce and his staff first in player development. The coaches have gotten every player better from beginning of year to end of year, they have taken a bunch of undersized but talented players who played hard but not as a team into a ten man unit that plays hard as a team from beginning to end. 

Almost every analyst said if Auburn tried to run with North Carolina we might hang with them for a while but we would fade in the end. It was North Carolina that faded as Bruce constantly rotated players and the every player who came in helped the team in one way or another. Total team effort.

While I gave this team  a chance of beating North Carolina I thought we would have to play our best game and North Carolina would have to under perform. I waas wrong in the first half we were ok but couldn't  hit our threes but still had a two point lead that is when I realized how good we had become. 

War Eagle. 

My prayers go out to Chuma, he has done so much for us all year, I hope he will be all right. 

Its great to be an Auburn Tiger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

War Damn EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

War Eagle 🦅 fam!

Prayers for Chuma

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

I think he had. As soon as he went into the back, they took him for the x-ray. Pearl crying like that doesn't look good for him playing again this year.

To be fair, that's assuming Pearl knew his diagnosis prior to the interview. I think like the rest of us are assuming (with good reason) that Chuma is done.

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Anybody think of beating Bama and losing Kerryon? That’s what this feels like for me. Chuma was our best player and we had the horses and momentum. Why does this happen.

https://www.nbadraft.net/2019mock_draft

Latest Mock draft had Chuma at 23. No doubt after this game he would of vaulted in to the top 20. Man I am going to tear up again. Just going to keep praying for a miracle for him. 

War Eagle! Elite 8 bound baby what a team performance!! Our boys were lights out tonight. Praying for Okeke but worried it’s either an MCL or ACL injury the way his knee was stressed. Highly doubt he comes back this tournament just pray no surgery is needed. Bruce is the best coach in America. I’m sure if any recruit saw that interview they wanna play for someone like that. 🦅🦅

Here is Bruce presser goin on live right now. 

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR  EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This team is awesome!!!! That is the best Auburn Basketball game I have ever watched. It almost equals the 1989 Iron Bowl and the 2010 BCS Championship games in football. How did Bruce get them to peak like this??? We were only OK late in the regular season. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! We need to savor this. But I don't think we are done yet!!!!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

To be fair, that's assuming Pearl knew his diagnosis prior to the interview. I think like the rest of us are assuming (with good reason) that Chuma is done.

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Anybody think of beating Bama and losing Kerryon? That’s what this feels like for me. Chuma was our best player and we had the horses and momentum. Why does this happen.

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

https://www.nbadraft.net/2019mock_draft

Latest Mock draft had Chuma at 23. No doubt after this game he would of vaulted in to the top 20. Man I am going to tear up again. Just going to keep praying for a miracle for him. 

This is why I'll never be upset about a player leaving early for the pros. You never know when some freak accident is going to occur. Get your money while you can because the NCAA definitely doesn't give a crap about your health.

1 minute ago, tbone1430 said:

War Eagle! Elite 8 bound baby what a team performance!! Our boys were lights out tonight. Praying for Okeke but worried it’s either an MCL or ACL injury the way his knee was stressed. Highly doubt he comes back this tournament just pray no surgery is needed. Bruce is the best coach in America. I’m sure if any recruit saw that interview they wanna play for someone like that. 🦅🦅

And to read what the "media" writes, you would think BP is a serial killer.

I just watched the Chuma injury, hadn't seen it yet. I have zero inside info, but that's an MCL tear. Maybe an ACL with it. That's a shame. But what we just saw tonight showed the kind of heart and threat that every man on that floor is. Chuma going down will hurt, but I have no doubt that having to overcome that adversity will light a fire in the team.

I've never seen a NCAAM team that was less about 1 guy than this one. It's going to make it tougher, but if there's any team in the tourney that could take that blow and come back swinging, it's this one.

Archived