Chuma, if you are reading this...

abw0004

I just want you to know you are in all of our prayers.  We could not be more proud of you, and we are all heartbroken to have watched you go down on the court  You are a great example as an Auburn man and we appreciate you and your teammates.  I know it’s a long shot that you or anyone close to you reads this, but it is definitely worth the thread.

Any other posts are welcome, if anything to show him and our team, we all care way more than their skills on the court.  War Eagle Chuma!

Waaaaar Okeke!

Okeke is one of my favorite players. Already had a double-double before the injury. Definately was the best player on the floor tonite! Prayers for a speedy and complete recovery! 

Having a career game in one of Auburn's biggest games in its history.  We feel deeply for you.  May you get yourself healthy.  We are praying the injury is not as serious as feared.  War eagle!

What are the rumors of his injury? I saw a tweet earlier of a bone bruise. From a UK beat writer. But I picture a bone bruise to be the result of hitting something. which is not what happened

Chuma and team...wow! You're all, led by Coach Pearl, living your strength and cohesive brotherhood on and off the court. We stand with you, we'll pray for you. Isaiah 40:31 and lots of love and appreciation to you all. God's got your back, and He has your present and future in His mighty palm. Rest easy tonight. May your recovery be swift, sure, and solid. Thank you for making basketball fun again. War Eagle! #DavidandGoliath 

Seeing how emotional Bruce  got talking about him makes me think his season is done. I know you hate to see players get hurt and I know Bruce loves his guys but just have the feeling that Bruce wouldn't have been so choked up if he thought there was a good chance Okeke would be able to play in the next game.

Sucks........ I hope he's able to play again in this tournament but if not his last game was a heck of a showing.

Chuma, we are heartbroken and hurting with you.  Praying for a speedy recovery.  

If anyone else from the team is reading this... NEXT MAN UP!!  PLAY FOR CHUMA!!  

Great win guys!!  So, so proud of all of you!!

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!

So proud of these guys. All timers for sure regardless of how this goes the rest of the way. War Damn Eagle!

4 hours ago, abw0004 said:

I just want you to know you are in all of our prayers.  We could not be more proud of you, and we are all heartbroken to have watched you go down on the court  You are a great example as an Auburn man and we appreciate you and your teammates.  I know it’s a long shot that you or anyone close to you reads this, but it is definitely worth the thread.

Any other posts are welcome, if anything to show him and our team, we all care way more than their skills on the court.  War Eagle Chuma!

Well said.

8 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Seeing how emotional Bruce  got talking about him makes me think his season is done. I know you hate to see players get hurt and I know Bruce loves his guys but just have the feeling that Bruce wouldn't have been so choked up if he thought there was a good chance Okeke would be able to play in the next game.

Sucks........ I hope he's able to play again in this tournament but if not his last game was a heck of a showing.

No offense, but you have no clue in what you are saying. CBP was not thinking about playing time.  Period.  He was thinking about a young man, that is like a son to him (they all are), and how that injury affects the young mans future.  He is more concerned about all the hard work he put in only to have his season cut short before the penultimate possibility. At that moment in time, crying on national television, he was not thinking about how they will miss Chuma for the next game. He inadvertently just recruited many kids and their parents though. Today he will plan for a game without Chuma. We will need Purfoy to step up and Dunbar to do more with more PT.  Just my 2 cents  

Chuma, if you are reading this....put down your phone and get back to therapy! Heck with the mushy stuff, we need you!!!!!  :) 

1 hour ago, jw 4 au said:

No offense, but you have no clue in what you are saying. CBP was not thinking about playing time.  Period.  He was thinking about a young man, that is like a son to him (they all are), and how that injury affects the young mans future.  He is more concerned about all the hard work he put in only to have his season cut short before the penultimate possibility. At that moment in time, crying on national television, he was not thinking about how they will miss Chuma for the next game. He inadvertently just recruited many kids and their parents though. Today he will plan for a game without Chuma. We will need Purfoy to step up and Dunbar to do more with more PT.  Just my 2 cents  

It seems to me that you misread Auburnfan91's post. He/she typed " I know you hate to see players get hurt and I know Bruce loves his guys but just have the feeling that Bruce wouldn't have been so choked up if he thought there was a good chance Okeke would be able to play in the next game." I interpret Auburnfan91 to be saying that Bruce thinks that Chuma's season is over and his heart breaks that Chuma, after all his hard work and after being instrumental in getting Auburn to the Elite Eight, won't get to finish the season on the floor with his team. I don't see anything in the post that implies that Bruce is concerned about playing time. That is just my $0.02.

Pearl was just on ESPN and said that Chuma is at the hospital right now getting an MRI done so we should hear some news soon-ish. They're expecting the worst while hoping for better.

4 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Pearl was just on ESPN and said that Chuma is at the hospital right now getting an MRI done so we should hear some news soon-ish. They're expecting the worst while hoping for better.

i have things to do and i am sitting here waiting on a report on chuma....i just don't have the heart to go do the stuff until i know something....got up at 5 am to see if there was any news and have been here since then

Archived