Buzz Williams to TAMU

Auburn Kev

4 hours ago, Auburn Kev said:

IDK what he is making at VA Tech now but I think it will take more than that to pry him. But got dang. If TAMU gets him and Arky gets Kelvin Sampson the SEC IS LOADED with some really good coaches in basketball. 

On 3/30/2019 at 6:00 PM, GwillMac6 said:

IDK what he is making at VA Tech now but I think it will take more than that to pry him. But got dang. If TAMU gets him and Arky gets Kelvin Sampson the SEC IS LOADED with some really good coaches in basketball. 

And don't forget Nate Oats in that group

giphy.gif

If nothing else this is fun cause it makes bama's hire look worse. I don't know how much better this makes A&M....i thought Kennedy was a got coach that got good players there. Seems injuries were the sticking point the last couple years with them. Buzz is a good coach but its not like he's replacing Tony Barbee 

12 minutes ago, gravejd said:

If nothing else this is fun cause it makes bama's hire look worse. I don't know how much better this makes A&M....i thought Kennedy was a got coach that got good players there. Seems injuries were the sticking point the last couple years with them. Buzz is a good coach but its not like he's replacing Tony Barbee 

TAMU literally got to the Sweet 16 last year by beating UNC the defending champs in the second round haha. Having said that I absolutely think Buzz is a better coach. 

I am in Baton Rouge and the word here on talk radio is Interim Head Coach Tony Benford is going to A&M as Asst HC.  Although, Benford says he had not talked to Williams or A&M. 

5 minutes ago, around4ever said:

I am in Baton Rouge and the word here on talk radio is Interim Head Coach Tony Benford is going to A&M as Asst HC.  Although, Benford says he had not talked to Williams or A&M. 

Sounds like they expect Wade to stay on the job.....

10 minutes ago, around4ever said:

I don't think so.  

So Benford does not get the job....sounds like he failed his "job interview" during March Madness...

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Sounds like they expect Wade to stay on the job.....

Difficult to imagine

47 minutes ago, AU64 said:

So Benford does not get the job....sounds like he failed his "job interview" during March Madness...

I thought he did a pretty good job filling in.  My impression is they think they're worthy of a top caliber proven HC.  Can't really argue with them. 

53 minutes ago, around4ever said:

I thought he did a pretty good job filling in.  My impression is they think they're worthy of a top caliber proven HC.  Can't really argue with them. 

Expect that is true.....he does not bring much in the way of coaching credentials so no surprise that he might take the first better/permanent situation that shows up.  Sounds like he does not expect Wade to return either   

Not sure that LSU is considered a prime coaching job anyway...and like football, most of the better and more experienced coaches prefer to  just ratchet up their salaries by waving competing offers in front of their AD....but staying put. 

Archived