Baseball vs. South Carolina Game 2

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

Auburn having a rare meltdown......my goodness.

Sadly I am not sure that rare is the correct word as of lately. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn’t help the offense has been absolutely horrid today. We have not been good at getting runners home. We’ve had a runner at second with 0 outs or a runner at third with 1 out so many times this season and have either struck out or popped out. You just can’t do that. You have to get runners home. You can not strike out. That is the last thing you can do 

4 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Doesn’t help the offense has been absolutely horrid today. We have not been good at getting runners home. We’ve had a runner at second with 0 outs or a runner at third with 1 out so many times this season and have either struck out or popped out. You just can’t do that. You have to get runners home. You can not strike out. That is the last thing you can do 

That's an issue but game is only 2/3 over and we were only down 1 run.     Now the problem is that they got 3 runs on no hits.....walks, errors, PB  now the hole is much deeper. at 4-0

6 minutes ago, FUZZYAUFAN said:

Sadly I am not sure that rare is the correct word as of lately. 

Auburn has had great pitching until lately. A meltdown like that one hasn't been a regular occurrence.

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

That's an issue but game is only 2/3 over and we were only down 1 run.     Now the problem is that they got 3 runs on no hits.....walks, errors, PB  now the hole is much deeper. at 4-0

I guess I’m saying If the offense has any pulse today, we’re not down by 4 right now.

Nice to see Brooks have a good start despite not having his full command. Bummer of a sixth inning for EA though. 

Regroup and take a road series tomorrow with Johnny Wholestaff throwing would be good medicine. 

I know we had that bad inning, but I’ve got to put this one on the offense right now. Headed to the eighth with only four hits, and Reid Morgan hasn’t even thrown 90 pitches for SC. We’ve done a poor job at working counts, fighting off good 2 strike pitches, and moving runners up with less than 2 outs. We’ve just got to be better at the plate. Can’t win if you don’t score. 

19 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Dang Holland just looks lost at the plate right now. What happened?? 

He's working his way back in. But most likely the pressure has been intense for him. He's learning to deal with it but it is still a huge burden for a college student. 

19 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Nice to see Brooks have a good start despite not having his full command. Bummer of a sixth inning for EA though. 

Regroup and take a road series tomorrow with Johnny Wholestaff throwing would be good medicine. 

Brooks Fuller will be fantastic once he gets enough experience. I really liked his composure today. 

5 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Finally got SC's starter out of the game ... time for the bat to wake up

And of course those bats hit into a double play. 

Don’t have it today. Barring a huge comeback in the ninth, just gotta flush it, and go get tomorrow. We’ll have Skipper, Horne, Gray, and hopefully Owen available tomorrow, plus a few of the other freshmen. Will be a heavy bullpen day I’m sure. Gotta figure out how to get the bats going. Good news is SC threw their ace today, so hopefully we’ll have more success tomorrow. 

I’ve said this a lot, but the SEC is all about taking 2 at home and one on the road. We’ve accomplished that. We’re just looking for a little more cushion now. Sweeping UT was very helpful 

Shutout...….ugh   

1 minute ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Gotta have bats tomorrow. Winning one on the road is always par for the course, but winning two would be huge for the scope of the SEC season. Would give us two wins of cushion. 

USCe is a team where we could and should win two on the road....JMO

Awful game. Let’s hope our boys can take the series tomorrow.

2 hours ago, tigers23 said:

Most inconsistent team I've seen in years 

Did you watch the Golloway years?

Did you watch the Pawlowski years?

We're down two weekend starters, this is a consistent top 10 team program now.  To make that statement based on a s***ty game today is silly...it's not like Morgan blew it by us and stuffed it down our throats. 

2 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

We’ll have Skipper, Horne, Gray, and hopefully Owen available tomorrow, plus a few of the other freshmen.

Acccording to Butch post game, it won't be Jack.

51 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Ole Miss just got Arkansas. 4-3.

Missouri battling aTm in the 15th in College Station...if they can take down the Aggies we're a game and a half back.

Done. 

Missouri beats A&M 3-2 in 15 innings. 

For all the angst over today's game we are 1 1/2 games back of first in the conference.

Archived