Men Vs. Kentucky game thread

WarTiger

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

By god we have something we can agree on finally....................Mrs Golf will be happy to hear you say that since she can't stand you either

Yes, but Heidi loves me.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, boisnumber1 said:

Am I the only one who noticed that it looked like Mac came awfully close to blowing out his knee on that steal & breakaway? Scared the hell outta me.

Yep:timeout:

6 hours ago, Indy said:

And it continues.

Sitting here watching First Take (on Spring Break this week end enjoying time home with the kids!) and we are 40-minutes in to the show.  

15 + minutes on Duke.

15 + minutes on LeBron and the Lakers.

Nothing on Auburn's first ever Final Four, having beaten KU, UNC, UK in succession (never happened before), and sustaining a loss of one of its top players in the midst of it.  NOTHING.

But you know what, I love it.  This is blatant disrespect and you know these kids and CBP are taking notice.  It's more fuel for the fire.

(and as I close the topic is now, "Are the Golden State Warriors Vulnerable")

You are going to have to watch Fbaum if you want a show heavy on AU today. ESPN for as much as they show countless number of games on their networks of college fball and basketball their daily shows are never based and built around college sports talk besides during college football season when college football live is on. Always pro sports heavy regardless of the circumstance. BUT I have a interview from GET UP! this morning where Pearl was a guest on. Great interview as they all are with BRUCE. 

Yesterday was Pearls 100th victory at AU. WAR DAMN COACH!!!!

Thx for posting these interview links, as I was obviously watching the wrong damn shows today.

Have been watching Finebaum since 4pm though!

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

I’ve relived this game thread about 3 times, page by page

You get to go back and laugh/shake your head at every single person that gave up when we were down 11. And of course read my optimistic takes. 

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

You get to go back and laugh/shake your head at every single person that gave up when we were down 11. And of course read my optimistic takes. 

For me, I had to watch the waterboy again lol

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

You are going to have to watch Fbaum if you want a show heavy on AU today. ESPN for as much as they show countless number of games on their networks of college fball and basketball their daily shows are never based and built around college sports talk besides during college football season when college football live is on. Always pro sports heavy regardless of the circumstance. BUT I have a interview from GET UP! this morning where Pearl was a guest on. Great interview as they all are with BRUCE. 

Why I don’t watch esbs anymore! Even during college football season it’s all Alabama all the time!

A couple of minor points IMO.

The play of the game was harper’s 4 point play in the first half. We were in trouble until then and at risk of getting buried. That play gave us a boost and started our comeback.

Secondly, I believe there was some impact on Washington when Samir pointed out his bleeding leg at the free throw line in OT. Little thing that threw his concentration off and he missed the 2nd free throw. 

11 hours ago, ClarkGriswold said:

The play of the game was harper’s 4 point play in the first half. We were in trouble until then and at risk of getting buried. That play gave us a boost and started our comeback.

That was huge. I was saying, "Just get to the half with a single digit deficit." After that play, you kind of knew that it would be a brand new ballgame coming out of half and we'd have the momentum. 

This team has shown time and time again that they just have to keep it in front of them. Eventually our 3 point weaponry makes an appearance. 

But

The best part of this win over a team like Kentucky is that we didn't need to obliterate them from 3 point land to win. That is extremely promising.

Brown played one of his best games ever.  He recognized the defense and adjusted to it. Brown is not slow but he is no Harper who can just blow by people to get layups. What Brown did in this game offensively was take what was there. When he had a good three he took it, If they overplayed the three he drove and then pulled up for a jump shot in the lane before the big men could get there and help. He was a thinking man's scorer. I love this kid because of so many things, one he was not highly rated out of HS because his game was limited. Always played hard but was weak on the dribble had a good shot but not a great shot not tall enough to be an ideal 2 man and he is fast but not elite fast. 

Every year he has improved his shot. It is beautiful now even when he is off it is just barely off. He works hard on D causes turnovers helps in forcing other team into shots at end of clock.  He still gets beat some but does not let that affect his game.  Last year you started to see him pump and go to the basket this year he has added to that by both going to the basket for a layup and the pull up jumper in the lane.  You don't notice if but every game he gets 2,3 or 4 rebounds. He finds ways to get open partly because of the timing he and Harper have with each other.  Both Harper and Bryce are very good but they are even better when they are together.

Brown can't change the fact that he is 6'2" and not 6'5" and that he is fast but not elite fast but he has found ways to work around the deficiencies and make himself into one of the best players at Auburn and in the SEC. 

Looking at this Auburn team it is all about players playing better than they are because of effort and desire.  Looking at the Auburn Roster I see two maybe three players who have the natural tools (size for position, ball handling skills for position, speed and quickness for position, etc.) to play after college be it NBA or overseas. Chuma who has it all. Malik has the body, speed and jump to play after college, Wiley maybe but I have to see him healthy rebounding, blocking shots adding some offense. 

That said Harper will find a way to play at the next level in his case elite speed, great range but needs to be more consistent on his three and a chip on his shoulder so he can prove that he can do it. Brown might get a look because of his shooting but he won't be able to play at next level because he is not good enough with the ball and fast enough to be a one and not tall enough and fast enough to be a two at the next level.

I described some of our players deficiencies and that is part of why I love this team, because they have all found a way to individually overcome their deficiencies and more importantly as a team to overcome deficiencies and build on their strengths to become one of the best teams in the country.

Archived