Softball vs UGA Game 3

Did we play softball on Sunday?  Nobody even started a thread?  Was something else going on at the time?  😉

Auburn won game 3    9-6.

Maresette was 3 -4 with a double and 2 RBI's and 2 runs scored.
Riveria    was 2 - 2 with a HR and 2 walks and scored 3 times
Podany was 2 - 4 with a triple and 4 RBI's
Perry was 1 -4 with a RBI
Tan Snow was 2 - 5 
Tay Snow was 2 - 2
Veach was 1 - 4 but struck out 3 times.

CMD may need to shuffle the lineup some.  Bottom of the order carried the day.

Swindle pitched the whole game and gave up 11 hits and 5 runs.  All earned.  2 K's and 4 walks.  Thank goodness the bats were working today.

We go to Knoxville this week to play UT, who BTW plays Mizzou tonight on the SEC Network.  UT is playing well.  Gonna be a tough trip.

I thought Swindle looked exhausted in that last inning and even during the 6th. Wondered if Dean would take her out. She threw 122 pitches. Only had 2 strike outs and walked 4 gave up 11 hits. Let her defense do most of the work. We had no errors. Some of our "power hitters" struck out looking on 3 - 2 counts. Don't know if it was just a great pitch but I was surprised they were not swinging at close pitches in that situation. Then a freshman Godwin comes up with bases loaded and eventually draws a walk to bring in a run. For the night Auburn players struck out 9 times while Georgia players struck out only 2 times. Georgia pitchers did surrender 8 walks. Taylon had a good night at the plate with a couple of hits and 3 BB.

I really liked Maresette's at-bats.  She was just "dropping the bat on the ball", as they say, and it paid off.  Certain other players should take note.  I think she may have hit her ITP homer Sat. night this way.  3 for 4 w/2 RBI yesterday, got on by error the 4th time.  I thought the same thing Slot did about a few of those strikeouts - pitches too close to take.  I guess it's harder than it looks from my recliner.  I watched the game on replay and it was getting late, so didn't watch top 7; but announcers (Bowen/Cooper) were saying Swindle may have had a blister about the 5th.  She called Veach to the circle to tell her something, and seemed to indicate her fingers.

Tennessee looks like the best team on our schedule right now.  Hope we can get at least one win up there.

6 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

yes, saw that.  Taylon Snow wondering why drawing a walk earned such a thunderous response.

Taylon actually got a hit to RF a couple of pitches after the crowd roar, but I did hear she freaked out during the pitch when the crowd went crazy.  At least it wasn't during a 3rd strike.

Archived