Joey Gatewood

twilli13

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Honest question: Has he delegated any head coaching responsibilities in order to make room on his plate for additional/full play-calling responsibilities? 

Yes AG talked about that after the season that some of the non field HC work as far as administration is being farmed out to administration folks and it’s my understanding that AG is doing more booster interaction that Gus might have had to do before. For what is worth a lot of HCs like NS are doing this also. Big time D1 football is requiring more and more of the HCs time on the field. 

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Yes AG talked about that after the season that some of the non field HC work as far as administration is being farmed out to administration folks and it’s my understanding that AG is doing more booster interaction that Gus might have had to do before. For what is worth a lot of HCs like NS are doing this also. Big time D1 football is requiring more and more of the HCs time on the field. 

This is fantastic news. (News to me, anyway.) Thanks!

49 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

and it’s my understanding that AG is doing more booster interaction that Gus might have had to do before.

AG has also acknowledged that Malzahn is introverted so that could be one reason why he is helping out.

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

AG has also acknowledged that Malzahn is introverted so that could be one reason why he is helping out.

For us introverts 2-3 hours of handshaking, small talk, and kissing up to half-strangers leaves you feeling exhausted and ready to zone out for a few hours.

1 minute ago, AUDevil said:

For us introverts 2-3 hours of handshaking, small talk, and kissing up to half-strangers leaves you feeling exhausted and ready to zone out for a few hours.

Hi. 

Don't worry, that's all I've got. I'm going to find a convenient excuse to exit this conversation now, unless you want to keep talking, in which case I'll just politely nod and smile until you're done. And then I'll cash in that convenient excuse. After that I might, I dunno, go stand at the buffet and eat chips or something. 

3 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

true story. 

51 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

^This^ plus keep in mind, Gus only sleeps four or five hours per night. Guy has to be exhausted. 💤 

56 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Well said.  The exact quote from AG was: “Gus knows he’s introverted. I’ve seen him be extroverted, I think, and I’ve told him more people needs to see that side of him ...” 

Excellent audio interview by Greene if y’all haven't listened. Skip to 5 :40 mark. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/Podcast-Auburn-athletics-director-Allen-Greenes-interesting-perspective-on-Gus-Malzahn-129360814/Amp/

On 4/2/2019 at 9:05 AM, aujeff11 said:

😂 Let’s do it.

To the exclusive founding members group: you, Cole, AuburninEugene, and a couple more, thank you for your service!!

The drill press is the founding member or non-member.

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Well said.  The exact quote from AG was: “Gus knows he’s introverted. I’ve seen him be extroverted, I think, and I’ve told him more people needs to see that side of him ...” 

Excellent audio interview by Greene if y’all haven't listened. Skip to 5 :40 mark. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/Podcast-Auburn-athletics-director-Allen-Greenes-interesting-perspective-on-Gus-Malzahn-129360814/Amp/

I was worried when we first hired AG, (experience) but I think we’re going to be OK!

5 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Truth.

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Hi. 

Don't worry, that's all I've got. I'm going to find a convenient excuse to exit this conversation now, unless you want to keep talking, in which case I'll just politely nod and smile until you're done. And then I'll cash in that convenient excuse. After that I might, I dunno, go stand at the buffet and eat chips or something. 

I’m the king of making plans days in advance, then desperately searching for a reason not to go. 

And working retail, especially during the holidays when I interact with 300 people in a day, bet your ass I’m not wanting to go out for drinks afterwards. 

Without going into too much detail, and since it’s stating the obvious anyway, I spoke to one of our player’s mom’s today.  

Gatewood is 1A (but definitely in the driver’s seat), Bo is 1B, Cord looks good.  

Malik is, well, Malik. 

8 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Honest question: Has he delegated any head coaching responsibilities in order to make room on his plate for additional/full play-calling responsibilities? 

I heard he is taking 2 fewer trips to Waffle House per week to make time for the additional responsibilities....🤷‍♂️

5 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Bro, you just described every Sunday morning for me.   Get thee behind me @AUDevil!  Hahaha!

I really do enjoy it, but it does drain me.  My wife on the other hand, that is her element!

Can we stay away from bashing J. Johnson??? Regardless of what everyone feels, he played 3 years ago and I remember we went into Texas AM with him at QB and got a win to allow us to be bowl eligible....I appreciate all who have played and worn the burnt orange and navy blue over the years....WDE

6 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Hi. 

93D7DA18-BE8E-4523-9E50-CB3CDE1F4688.jpeg

3 hours ago, tigerman1186 said:

Can we stay away from bashing J. Johnson??? Regardless of what everyone feels, he played 3 years ago and I remember we went into Texas AM with him at QB and got a win to allow us to be bowl eligible....I appreciate all who have played and worn the burnt orange and navy blue over the years....WDE

We have plenty of QBs who flopped on their face relative to expectations, plenty of big body QBs, it's weird how people always bring up the same guy 

19 hours ago, keesler said:

As crazy as Auburn is, if I think too much on the situation it makes me nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

We have a HC we tried to can last yr (some say he's a lame duck) entering his 7th season.  He's doubling down on that scatter brained, inconsistent, stubborn, weird ass play calling offensive scheme that's been hot 'n cold for 5 yrs AND he's backing his play with either a TF or RSF QB neither of which has college/SEC experience and without a solid/sure fire RB to carry the load.😟

The RB position is the most solid position in our offense...

5 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

We have plenty of QBs who flopped on their face relative to expectations, plenty of big body QBs, it's weird how people always bring up the same guy 

???

I haven’t seen anybody bash the predicted Heisman winner Jeremy Johnson. Obviously  when we are talking future QBs, we don’t want to compare them to our  recent and most devastating flop. 

9 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I’m the king of making plans days in advance, then desperately searching for a reason not to go. 

And working retail, especially during the holidays when I interact with 300 people in a day, bet your ass I’m not wanting to go out for drinks afterwards. 

Spent 25 years in the public eye..........used to be the life of the party............since 2013 wont carry a cell phone and lost desire to be around anyone but wife and kids.

9 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I heard he is taking 2 fewer trips to Waffle House per week to make time for the additional responsibilities....🤷‍♂️

But Grubhub is making more trips to his office. 

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

These posts are correct. 

My wife is one as well. It's took a while for me to really comprehend how much it affects her.

Archived