Baseball vs Georgia Tech

8 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Preach it brother...........is it me or do they always seem to beat us with less talent or either beat us and finish the season average or below?

both

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

It's a mid-weeker, so not a huge deal, but we do need to start picking these up. Bats have not been good in the midweek really for most of the season, barring a few nice innings against UAB and UT Martin. 

Worst thing is the relievers. I know they're mostly freshmen, but you've got to throw strikes and make the other team hit you to win. Wish Wade would come into form, you can tell he's got great stuff but he just walks so many dern hitters. 

Oh well, win your SEC games and it doesn't matter too much, but the midweek is starting to get a little annoying what with walking guys left and right both against UAT and now GT.

It is a mid-weeker, but a lot of baseball is about momentum and confidence, and the past 2 mid-week games hasn’t exactly inspired either. We have our toughest conference foes ahead, and we desperately need more than 2 or 3 pitchers who can consistently throw strikes. At times, we’re giving up lead off walks to number 8 and 9 hitters on 4 straight non-competitive pitches. That type of thing is maddening. With teams like Arky, LSU, and TAMU ahead, we need to find an answer quick. 

15 hours ago, HitandRun5 said:

Also, did I hear correctly on the radio tonight that Bailey Horn is throwing in games 11 months post TJ??

When I looked earlier, what I read was "partial Tommy John"...never heard that term used before.  Can you re-attach the UCL without replacing?  Seems like with the medical success these days they would just go ahead and put in a new ligament.

Archived