Kaleigh Telfer @ Augusta National Women's Amatuer

Barnacle

@augolf1716 Auburn Sophomore, Kaleigh Telfer is currently sitting in 3rd place in the inaugural Augusta National Women's Amateur tournament. The tournament field includes the top 30 American amateurs, as well as the top 30 international amateurs, and its final round will be played at Augusta National on Saturday. This will be the first competitive round ever played by women at Augusta. I lucked out and got tickets. Glad to know that an Auburn player will be in the hunt, so I'll have someone to root for if she makes it into the top 30 after tomorrow - only the top 30 from the first two days will play at Augusta on Saturday. 

https://auburntigers.com/news/2019/4/2/womens-golf-kaleigh-telfer-to-compete-at-augusta-national-womens-amateur.aspx

Crap........ I knew about that and it completely slipped my mind. Great news for her and Auburn. If I was within 200 miles or so I would have tried to go myself. Good for you hell just being on the grounds of Augusta is worth it. So so lucky I have been able to attend The Masters a few times. 

Happy for you................................lucky devil

Unfortunately, Telfer did not play well today. She followed her opening round 69 with a second round 78. She's currently 9 shots back. That said, she looks like she is going to eek her way into the top 30, and will be competing on Saturday at ANGC. 

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

@augolf1716; @AU64 Guys, she's currently in a playoff competing for a spot to play on Saturday. Live here: https://www.anwagolf.com/en_US/watch/index.html

edit: She got up and down for her par, and she's moving on!

appreciate the updates....will track that down TV and see how she does.....happy for her to have the opportunity to play there. 

PS...getting to watch that is something special....not that easy to get on the course for the PGA tourney and just getting to see that beautiful track is a special treat.   Azaleas are running a bit late this year in the area.....was at Pawleys Island on Wed and looks like the spring flowers were maybe 50% or so....should be nice for the Masters...

Today's round is on the Golf Channel....started at 10AM ….

3 hours ago, Barnacle said:

On the road back now. Was a great experience. The girl who won, Kupcho was absolutely phenomenal.

Never saw our girl on TV but did not watch it all...she was down in the leaderboard and they mostly focused on the top few....  but just getting there was a major accomplishment and the course was beautiful and ready for the Masters.  . Some pretty spectacular golf by the competitors...

Archived