Men vs. Virginia - NCAA Tournament Rd. 5

abw0004

Good evening all!

I know, I know.  I normally post this the day of the game.  BUT, I feel like this is an exception being such a big game, we need to hype up a little sooner.  Also, with me at a conference in Nashville, some of these meetings needed for CE credit are a tad derivative, causing me to get excited for the game.  I feel like we have really have taken a dive into learning  Virginia’s program and what the national pundits say.  Nothing left to do but get excited!

So here we go.  Ladies and gentlemen we are in the midst of making history.  Auburn thrives with a chip on its shoulder.  When we are expected to lose, we shine.  When outsiders point to deficiencies, we see opportunity.  Let’s do this boys!  Keep your head down, keep your cool.  Don’t let Virginia dictate who we are.  This is OUR TIME.  Let’s go AU!  War Eagle!

27DC988D-74D9-4E1D-876F-AD77F105ECDB.jpeg9981E047-DC02-4478-811B-8037D7DACFF4.jpegE41BE7AB-3F90-43A0-9984-B037C9D5C4B8.jpeg381F2D2C-2105-4A14-8976-2EC8722404DA.jpeg

Not really sure which thread to post this in but figured this was as good as any! Auburn being represented everywhere in Minneapolis!

6 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

How do you spell Minneapolis? 😂🤣

32 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I've never seen another group of young men who are having so much fun at the biggest stage of their lives. No one can possibly NOT love this team. 

Every day I listen or read something from Coach Pearl that just makes me love him, as our coach, more and more. He's an amazing basketball coach but he's an even better advocate for ALL things Auburn. 

1 hour ago, tgrogan21 said:

Not really sure which thread to post this in but figured this was as good as any! Auburn being represented everywhere in Minneapolis!

They cancelled a volleyball game because one player was gonna miss it? Am I understanding that correctly? 

Apple CEO Tim Cook surprises Paul Finebaum with call to discuss Auburn in Final Four

Apple CEO Tim Cook is an Alabama native and attended Auburn for his undergraduate degree. Cook then went on to Duke to obtain his Master’s degree.

So, naturally, Cook is fired up about Auburn’s NCAA Tournament run all the way to the Final Four, and on Thursday, Cook made a surprise call in to The Paul Finebaum Show. Finebaun took the call and quickly realized it was no ordinary caller.

“I could not be more thrilled, and I really wish the best to Coach Pearl and the entire team,” Cook told Finebaum. “We are incredibly proud of them.”

Finebaum asked Cook what his plans were for the Final Four, and although he won’t be there Saturday night, he plans to be there Monday.

“Saturday I’ll be watching on TV and plan to be there Monday (for the national championship game),” Cook said of his plans.

Naturally, Cook is a Bruce Pearl fan, and he knows Pearl’s impact has helped take the program to another level.

“I think Bruce is an original, and there’s nobody quite like him,” Cook told Finebaum. “I think he’s energized the program like no one, quite frankly, that I’ve ever seen in Auburn’s history and has brought the basketball team to be a contender. I think we’re all proud of him.”

Cook attended Auburn right before Charles Barkley played for the Tigers.

Finebaum then asked Cook whether he discussed sports with other major CEOs during meetings.

“I think sports is still a great unifier,” Cook said. “So it’s one thing we can all rally around, and people put their interests aside to either fight the other side or hopefully join forces. Of course, sports always come up. CEOs are people too. They love sports too.”

Auburn faces Virginia Saturday night at 6:09 p.m. ET from Minneapolis, Minnesota.

That Arise video gives me goosebumps every time. 

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

That Arise video gives me goosebumps every time. 

Wish we wouldn’t have stopped playing that. Didn’t get why we went to the other one. Gets my less hype.

2 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

They cancelled a volleyball game because one player was gonna miss it? Am I understanding that correctly? 

I'm definitely not knowledgeable enough about volleyball but looking at the roster, Morgan is the only setter on the team ... so that might be the reason? No clue, though. 

9 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

I'm definitely not knowledgeable enough about volleyball but looking at the roster, Morgan is the only setter on the team ... so that might be the reason? No clue, though. 

Hum, that’s interesting. I have basically zero knowledge of the sport outside of playing with friends occasionally, but seems weird that an injury or sickness or anything at al happens to one player cancels an entire match. Oh well, just curious. WDE!

11 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

Weird indeed. I can see a team forfeiting a game if they arbitrarily choose to not show up, but cancel? Something's strange about that, and suppose our "only setter" turns an ankle during a match? There has to be a substitute for her on the team.

Volleyball season actually ened on Nov. 24.  This was likely a spring scrimmage or exhibition of some kind

Brown might have a cold but it looks like his shot is just fine. Lets hope all of the guys can get feeling better by tomorrow. 

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

Where did the AU graphics on the bus come from??

From Auburn I assume.  They are on all Auburn athletics buses 

UConn in 1999 is the last team to win it all and cut down the nets when it is their first final 4 in school history. Lets re write history boys!!! WAR DAMN!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

UConn in 1999 is the last team to win it all and cut down the nets when it is their first final 4 in school history. Lets re write history boys!!! WAR DAMN!!!!!!!

What were they seeded? 

32 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

What were they seeded? 

1 seed. They only had 2 losses all season. 

Archived