Maybe it’s just my nerves

Ber798297

or it’s normal symptoms of being an Auburn fan. But, I’ve watched Coach BP give several interviews, and I’ve watched many Instagram videos from players and there seems to be so many distractions and I’m worried that they are not focused or dialed in enough.  I’m glad to see the men having fun but it just makes me nervous.  Anyone else getting nervous???

1 minute ago, Ber798297 said:

or it’s normal symptoms of being an Auburn fan. But, I’ve watched Coach BP give several interviews, and I’ve watched many Instagram videos from players and there seems to be so many distractions and I’m worried that they are not focused or dialed in enough.  I’m glad to see the men having fun but it just makes me nervous.  Anyone else getting nervous???

I’m nervous but not for the same reason . I just think Virginia is that good. I think the players will be dialed in. I was so happy when we made the sweet sixteen, that everything since then has been gravy. I never imagined we would be in the final four. I guess I feel like nothing can take away what has already been accomplished.  (Doesn’t mean I don’t want it all though😬)

My 59 year old self just got Instagram to follow the team and I watched a few videos.  I had the exact same thoughts as you.  I love that the guys are having fun. They deserve it, but I hope they are dialed in when the game comes.  BP needs to make sure they are focused. 

All four teams are having the same distractions, interviews, etc.  I think it all slows down tomorrow and they get down to business.   They have two practices on Friday. 

I’m thrilled we’re in the Final four.  At the beginning of the season, I thought we had a chance to make it this far.  By mid season, my confidence wavered.  I knew we’d make the tourney, but I thought we’d be lucky to make sweet 16.  Then our draw came and I saw the road was going to go thru Kansas, UNC, and Kentucky.  I was nervous but after the UNC game, I regained the confidence from the beginning of the season.  This has been a fun ride.  If it all comes to an end on Saturday, I will still smile, I will still be proud of those young men, and I will still say it’s great to be an Auburn Tiger!

1 minute ago, around4ever said:

All four teams are having the same distractions, interviews, etc.  I think it all slows down tomorrow and they get down to business.   They have two practices on Friday. 

Thank you, that helps my nerves!

20 minutes ago, Ber798297 said:

Nope. They’ve been that way the whole time. We’re in a good spot. Won’t be surprised if we win this whole dern she-bang. 

I see it as the complete opposite. I think a team needs to be loose and having fun so that the nerves don't get to them. If you've ever watched any videos of pre-game you have Malik singing with Horace and several others dancing along. This team has done this all year with pretty good success. 

You'd know this team doesn't have a shot in hell if they weren't celebrating. A program that's never been this far...I'd pray they'd be celebrating the fact 

You're also an Auburn fan, who likely only follows Auburn-related content. I'm sure if you went to a Virginia forum, you'd see a similar thread such as the one you've created. It's just sensationalism 

Good ole BSPN just issued their predictable wet rag article - the premise of which is nobody cares abour cheating so long as the cheaters make the final four. At least they lay out for the reader to decide exactly how flawed their innuendo is that auburn is upposed to be connected to bruce lying to the ncaa about a bbq at another school almost a decade ago and how long gone Person is. BSPN writer glosses over smarmy practices of Ky, KS & NC - bluebloods we punked. At least Pete Thamel isn't behind this one. I think. (Sorry can't copy & paste article/source on my handheld).

War Eagle, bring it home Bruce!

Nerves are not bothering me at all. I have an unexplainable confidence about this game. ( if Tech beats  Michigan st, I will be confident there too. ) but I see this like we’re playing with house money. Nobody expected us to be here. Our coach will get an enormous contract no matter how bad we play or lose. This has probably been as good for recruiting as anyone can comprehend. I will be nervous during the game but not prior to it. I wish we played yesterday. 

9 hours ago, around4ever said:

4 minutes ago, alexava said:

Nerves are not bothering me at all. I have an unexplainable confidence about this game. ( if Tech beats  Michigan st, I will be confident there too. ) but I see this like we’re playing with house money. Nobody expected us to be here. Our coach will get an enormous contract no matter how bad we play or lose. This has probably been as good for recruiting as anyone can comprehend. I will be nervous during the game but not prior to it. I wish we played yesterday. 

These.

I'll add that Michigan State is the only team that has really been here before, so it's not like UVA has some sort of secret cheat code for handling the spotlight that we don't. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Bruce- who has been one of the most visible and scrutinized college coaches of the last 15 years- has a leg up on how to handle all this. (Not relative to Izzo, but to the other guys.) 

And exactly on the house money. We deserve to be here. We're here because we really are that good and there are no moral victories. But at the same time, there is no shame in losing to any of the other 3 teams left standing and we have already accomplished all goals for this season and gone so much further above and beyond them. I'm going to *try* to just enjoy the game as a sort of victory lap. And if we actually win? Well, I dunno man, but I'm gonna tell the neighbors to draw their blinds. 

-Excerpt from Postcards from the Bandwagon

As nice as it would be to take home the trophy, when you talk about teams who are just happy to be here... everyone’s looking at us. Lol. Sorry. Not really, even if we lose to Virginia, this is our greatest season ever, we should be proud.

i am nervous as well. i have a routine and a magic auburn wristband. my routine involves two auburn coffee cups. i drink coffee on the day of the game from my favorite coffee cup. then we win and i drink coffee from my second fav auburn cup. auburn is undefeated when i do this. but i got sick and broke my routine. i went back to bed and slept for almost 24 hours. now if my beloved tigers lose it will be all my fault and i have no idea how to counter that other than to start over again sat morning. i have still been rawking my wristband so maybe it works out anyway.  welcome to my crazy world. i love my tigers so much i would dance on broad street wearing a chicken suit if i thought it would help. some of you might doubt this but it is true. just try not to hate on me too much if we lose.

1 hour ago, doverstutts said:

according to brandon marcello's article, over 18,000 showed up to watch them practice today

Somewhere in this site are some video clips...amazing crowd...and BB nailing his 3 point shots...may it continue tomorrow.

16 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Good ole BSPN just issued their predictable wet rag article - the premise of which is nobody cares abour cheating so long as the cheaters make the final four. At least they lay out for the reader to decide exactly how flawed their innuendo is that auburn is upposed to be connected to bruce lying to the ncaa about a bbq at another school almost a decade ago and how long gone Person is. BSPN writer glosses over smarmy practices of Ky, KS & NC - bluebloods we punked. At least Pete Thamel isn't behind this one. I think. (Sorry can't copy & paste article/source on my handheld).

War Eagle, bring it home Bruce!

I guess negative stories drive clicks or views or whatever.   The best part is how Bruce openly admits his mistakes and talks about them.   He never cowers from them.    The big problem was it was "who" he lied to.   Funny how dirty so many SEC football programs are and Bruce is vilified for cooking dogs and burgers on the grill with 2 commits (not just recruits, but "commits").  

I love how Bruce is up front, gives glory to God and praises his players and coaches  while the guy asking questions is trying to piss him off.   Bruce is all class and now, forever an Auburn Man.   

14 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i am nervous as well. i have a routine and a magic auburn wristband. my routine involves two auburn coffee cups. i drink coffee on the day of the game from my favorite coffee cup. then we win and i drink coffee from my second fav auburn cup. auburn is undefeated when i do this. but i got sick and broke my routine. i went back to bed and slept for almost 24 hours. now if my beloved tigers lose it will be all my fault and i have no idea how to counter that other than to start over again sat morning. i have still been rawking my wristband so maybe it works out anyway.  welcome to my crazy world. i love my tigers so much i would dance on broad street wearing a chicken suit if i thought it would help. some of you might doubt this but it is true. just try not to hate on me too much if we lose.

I started drinking coffee at the beginning of every game at some point early during the winning streak. I forgot it one game until about the 10 minute mark in the first half, during which we were soundly beaten...and then I remembered my coffee and convinced myself that was the reason, meaning I paused the game and made a cup. Once I turned the game back on, Auburn went on a run. Now I'm just about convinced it was the coffee that changed our luck, seeing as we haven't lost since I started the tradition. Gonna have to see if it works for football, too.

7 hours ago, Rednilla said:

I started drinking coffee at the beginning of every game at some point early during the winning streak. I forgot it one game until about the 10 minute mark in the first half, during which we were soundly beaten...and then I remembered my coffee and convinced myself that was the reason, meaning I paused the game and made a cup. Once I turned the game back on, Auburn went on a run. Now I'm just about convinced it was the coffee that changed our luck, seeing as we haven't lost since I started the tradition. Gonna have to see if it works for football, too.

Go ahead and preset your coffee maker now to brew 5 minutes before tip-off.  

On 4/4/2019 at 10:02 PM, Ber798297 said:

Heck yes I’m getting nervous.

Championship or bust.

7 hours ago, Rednilla said:

For me it's the new Orange Vanilla Coke. I started drinking it in early March when I saw it in the stores. For a couple of years now I always get the Orange Coke mix on those Coke machines that are in Wendy's or Zaxbys. I'm now hooked on this one. I noticed it's advertisement during the tournament too while watching the games. Auburn hasn't lost since I've been drinking it. The orange label is a nice look too. I'm not superstitious but I like what I like. I like OV Coke and I like Auburn winning. :)

7 minutes ago, gr82be said:

For me it's the new Orange Vanilla Coke

That just doesn’t sound right. If you want to screw up a drink go to BK and make a suicide (pour every drink possible into your cup.)

i am back on my routine with coffee and the cups this morning. i will not take my wristband off until the season is over. this season has been so much fun. so much press and coverage for auburn especially sing we made the final four. dunbar can sing. chuma said obama picked auburn to lose our first tourney game in the tournament and they have used that for motivation to keep winning. on the worrisome side harper and brown are both sick tho they are expected to play. and i am mad at north carolina because on a facebook site someone said north carolina players were allowed to play running a fever. anyway i will be pulling for my tigers as hard as i can. lets do this!

Archived