That overtime against UK:

Mikey

Auburn scored 17 points in five minutes of overtime. Talk about a finish!

Harper scored 12, Mclemore 4 and Doughty 1. Mclemore also had two stellar blocks in overtime. I just watched the entire game again, and watched that overtime twice. I didn't think I'd ever see an Auburn point guard better than Doc Robinson, but Harper, in my opinion, has passed Doc. The third best PG we've had at AU is Whitney Boddie on the women's team, but that's a different sport, actually.

Two more to go!

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

The third best PG we've had at AU is Whitney Boddie on the women's team, but that's a different sport, actually.

you're obviously too young to remember eddie johnson....many years have passed since EJ played, but he was probably better than harper, but that was a different era and basketball was played differently back then....

31 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

you're obviously too young to remember eddie johnson....many years have passed since EJ played, but he was probably better than harper, but that was a different era and basketball was played differently back then....

Fast Eddie..............and trust me Mikey is not that young:poke:

• WarTiger changed the title to That overtime against UK:
3 hours ago, doverstutts said:

Eddie Johnson wasn't a point guard but he was a good scoring guard. Not as good as Mengelt, but good. Carl Shetler is the first AU point guard I remember. You're probably too young to recall him though...  :)

Brewer was a better pure point than anybody IMO. Whitney is awesome, I've played her a bunch one on one and would play her seriously because I always wanted her to be tough. She was an incredible. 

14 hours ago, Mikey said:

Eddie Johnson wasn't a point guard but he was a good scoring guard. Not as good as Mengelt, but good. Carl Shetler is the first AU point guard I remember. You're probably too young to recall him though...  :)

mikey, do you remember joe newton?....he only played a short while, but he was bill and bobs older brother....UF had a center named neal walk, UK had "rupps runts"....moo st. slipped out of state to play in the tournament because other teams had black players....i think bailey howell was on that team....

these young folks want to win today, i know, but i don't think they want it as bad as you and i do....they don't understand why, just yet, either

59 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

UF had a center named neal walk,

I remember after Walk's senior year loss at AU, some reporter asked him something about Auburn and he said "I'm never coming back to this damn place." That might have been the game when Wally Tinker busted the Florida guy's nose. I was there, and saw it clearly. Today Tink would have been suspended for some amount of time. For a point of reference, I graduated with Tinker. The Tennessee president gave our commencement address and handed out the diplomas. He introduced Tinker as "The guy with three elbows."

Archived