12 Hours to Tipoff

Rednilla

War Damn Eagle!!!

Far too long have we waited for the Saturday of the Final 4 to actually mean something to all of us...get up early and soak it in...Auburn Is playing  basketball...in April!

I am enjoying the ride.  I have actually not been as nervous as I am anxious. I can't wait to see these boys play again.  This team is so special how they play for one another, I don't want to see it end.  Let's get it done this year.  Who knows if we can get back here with a team that plays as well together as this one. 

25 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I am enjoying the ride.  I have actually not been as nervous as I am anxious. I can't wait to see these boys play again.  This team is so special how they play for one another, I don't want to see it end.  Let's get it done this year.  Who knows if we can get back here with a team that plays as well together as this one. 

This is exactly how I see. Selfless teamwork is a special occurrence for any school. I love seeing it at Auburn regardless of sport.

1 hour ago, tigeraddikt said:

Had a dream last night that AU won 74-57, but that they beat Texas Tech and Horace Spencer was the best player in the game. Now I'm confused...

That's supposed to be Sunday's dream for Monday's game. You're way ahead. 

1 hour ago, tigeraddikt said:

Had a dream last night that AU won 74-57, but that they beat Texas Tech and Horace Spencer was the best player in the game. Now I'm confused...

To quote what everyone likes to say, "One game at a time, man."

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

+1

Haven'treally been nervous all tournament.  Everything after beating Kansas has been gravy to me, so just having fun now.  Ready for tip though!

I’m okay right now but I will be a nervous disaster come game time. 

Saw this and wanted to share it. Didn't want to start a thread for this so here it is. 

Auburn files trademark for ‘Draining threes and rolling trees’ amid Final Four run

Joe Songer | jsonger@al.com

By Sam Blum | SBlum@al.com

Auburn University has filed a trademark on the phrase “Draining threes and rolling trees”, according to a search conducted by attorney Josh Gerben on the United States Patent and Trademark Office.

The filing was made on March 31, the day Auburn reached its first-ever Final Four. Auburn listed the basis for filing under section 1B, which means, “you have a bona fide intention to use your mark in commerce with your goods and/or services in the near future,” per the USPTO.

The Auburn university marketing department and athletic department have not responded to questions regarding the marketing strategy, or the timeline for the trademarks approval — though an athletics spokesman said they’d respond soon.

The phrase “Draining threes and rolling trees” refers to the fact that Auburn is one of the most prolific 3-point shooting teams in college basketball, combined with the Auburn University tradition of rolling trees at Toomer’s Corner in celebration of athletic success.

Auburn will face off against Virginia in the Final Four on Saturday at 5:09 p.m. at U.S. Bank Stadium in Minnesota. Toomer’s Corner has been rolled following the last three NCAA Tournament wins, along with Auburn’s SEC Tournament championship title.

I was much more on edge for the Kentucky game than I am today's game...today is a "do what we do, play fast, shoot 3's and see where it gets us" game for me, at least. Getting to a Final Four, especially for the first time, has been a dream come true. You want to play on the last weekend of the year, and here we are.

Neither team in this game has an edge re: Final Four experience, so I expect some nerves to start with on both sides. Hopefully we settle in first.

Really excited for this one! Uncharted territory and an amazing accomplishment for this team! The nerves are about to get the best of me!

WDE!

Win or lose, this run has been a lot of fun to be around. It's also provided great exposure to the team and university.

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Win or lose, this run has been a lot of fun to be around. It's also provided great exposure to the team and university.

its been more fun to me than than 2010 and 2013....this is something that i never thought could happen

Winning the SEC tourney was satisfying as heck!

Getting to the Sweet 16 was icing. 

Destroying UNC (after already beating Kansas) to make it to the Elite 8 solidified, IMHO, this team as the best basketball team in AU history!

Beating UK with our history against them AND without Chuma, to make our first ever Final 4 was epic!!!  Near the top of the list of all time AU sports memories (that would be a fun thread)

Anything beyond what this team has already accomplished is just gravy!   I’ve already sent the screenplay to the people at Disney.  This team’s story is too great not to be told to the world.  

Archived