Softball vs Tennessee Game 1

Auburn ladies up 2 to 0 in the bottom of the first. Tennessee has a lady on 1st and 3rd with 0 outs and I missed it but it looks like there was an injury to Harris? Swindle is coming on to pitch now. 

Edit: No injury that I know of, on Twitter it was just Swindle coming in because of back-to-back walks. 

Miscommunication from the the Snow sisters allows a popout to fall to the ground. Runner from 3rd scores, next batter grounds into a force out at 2nd for out 2. Next batter doubles bringing in the tying run. Swindle strikes out the next batter. Tied game 2-2 going to the 2nd.

Tennessee gets a single and a steal of second, followed by an infield single, another single that plates 2. 4-2 Tennessee. A double plates another run. 5-2 TN All of this with two outs. Finally get out of the inning. Lets get those runs back now, ladies!

McCrackin swinging a a high rise ball, Veach watches a beauty right down the middle - we have got to do better at the plate!  Glad Snow sisters tee'd it up, Riveria pops up a bunt attempt.

TN gets a single but Swindle gets out of the inning with nothing else. Hopefully that trend continues. 5-4 TN going to the 4th.

Why do you have JP attempt a bunt with a runner on 2nd?  Let her hit the ball!  But no, we get another pop-up on an attempted bunt.

15 minutes ago, GBAU83 said:

Why do you have JP attempt a bunt with a runner on 2nd?  Let her hit the ball!  But no, we get another pop-up on an attempted bunt.

Agree. A bunt is bad enough under most circumstances, but with the runner already in SCORING POSITION it doesn't make any sense. What's needed with a runner in scoring position is a hit.

Did my old eyes deceive me....or did the UT second base never touch the runner on that steal?   

Just now, AU64 said:

Did my old eyes deceive me....or did the UT second base never touch the runner on that steal?   

Your eyes are correct, she caught the ball and slapped the dirt beside her and then Riveria touched the bag.  UT did not tag her until she was on the base.

About like the HBP on Bree when plate did not see her get hit but said it went off the bat.  I am ready for replay in softball.

Glad to see the Snow sisters are here with some offense.  Not sure what is up with McCrackin, Veach, JP and Podany at the plate.  Maybe we win today and they win the other games for us.

Not sure what happen to tgrogan21 but as we go to bottom of 6th AU leads 6-5.  after another Tannon Snow 2-run homer in the 5th.

Tennessee leads off the bottom 6th with an infield single, but its erased and charged as an out after tennessee bats out of order.  Swindle sets them down in order and Tigers lead 6-5 after 6.  An insurance run or two would be nice here.

Stepped away and came back to  Tenn runner on 1st no outs, but umpires huddled looking at line up card.  Much discussion and then they take the runner off of first, call one out and the girl who was on, bats again.  Grounds out and then another ground out and we go to the 7th with AU leading 6-5.

Auburn with runners on 2nd and 3rd with one out now and Veach coming up and they are intentionally walking Veach to load the bases for Tannon Snow.   Snow is 3-3 with 2 home runs.

Snow rips one to left and its off the wall and back toward the infield.  3 runs score and Snow slides in safely at 3rd with a triple.  9-5 TIGERS

Maresette sends on e to the gap in left center, Rivera comes around from 1st but is called out on the tag at home.  Maresette moves to 3rd on the throw home.  Still 10-5.  Justus Perry up

Just now, WarTiger said:

Maresette sends on e to the gap in left center, Rivera comes around from 1st but is called out on the tag at home.  Maresette moves to 3rd on the throw home.  Still 10-5.  Justus Perry up

Rivera was POed at Perry for not helping her at the plate.  Rivera slowed down thinking she had it made.  Perry should have been signaling her to slide to the inside of the plate.  Not sure what Coach Dean was doing.  

Swindle sets tennessee down in order in the 7th and the Tigers win on the road 10-5.  WAR EAGLE!!!!!

Great game by the Tigers!  Way to stay with it and battle back for the win.

I respect the Weekly's and overall think they run a good program.  Not sure what happened with the batting out of order, but glad it did.  What I don't get is the call to intentionally walk Veach and pitch to Tannon.  Veach has not done anything all day and was swinging at bad pitches - heck, if you are going to walk her, at least do it with bad pitches she might swing at.  Instead they pitch to Tannon who was killing the ball all day.  I understand playing the percentages, but there are times when a player is off (Veach, McCrackin, Perry Podany today) and times when they are on (Taylon, Tannon, Brittany today).  That call took them out of the game, trying to come back 5 runs was too much, had it only been a one-run lead, could have been a different outcome. 

Guess I better clear my calendar for when UT comes to ask me for my opinion though.

"Not sure what happened with the batting out of order, but glad it did"

Last year Auburn had a substitution  issue called in a game and it made our staff look inadequate.  .  I have thought I have noticed Coach Dean really giving this attention this year and it paid off today catching the Vols in some sort of substitution violation.  What a game.  Hate to admit it but Moss has always irritated me with her mound antics so seeing her get knocked around a bit was enjoyable.  Like others, could not fathom why you would walk Veach to pitch to Snow.  I realize it gave a force at any base but with only one out a fly ball likely scores a run.  Glad I was able to see the historic day Tannon had at the plate.

Tried to listen to post game radio broadcast but the interview with CMD and Tannon Snow you could hear the question but not the response.  Seems we have more than our share of issues with the broadcast.  I agree with others...….this needs an upgrade. 

Archived