Softball vs Tennessee Game 1

Impressive show by the Tigers.  Down 3 away from home, they come back and win by 5.  What a day by Tannon!  That's a POW day, for sure.  Swindle  looks like she's just sort of lobbing it in there, but gets most everybody out.  No score from the Vols after the third.  And those 3 runs came with two out, after that grounder got deflected off Swindle's glove.  I think McCrackin would have had the third out there.

A play that hurt the Vols was the one on which Moss had Greenwood trapped at third, but allowed her to escape.  With two outs, would they have walked Veach?

3 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Impressive show by the Tigers.  Down 3 away from home, they come back and win by 5.  What a day by Tannon!  That's a POW day, for sure.  Swindle  looks like she's just sort of lobbing it in there, but gets most everybody out.  No score from the Vols after the third.  And those 3 runs came with two out, after that grounder got deflected off Swindle's glove.  I think McCrackin would have had the third out there.

A play that hurt the Vols was the one on which Moss had Greenwood trapped at third, but allowed her to escape.  With two outs, would they have walked Veach?

Really good win....game was 6-5 when I had to leave and .....came back to see that AU had added 4 more runs to make it look easy...which it was not...but beating the vols in Knoxville is always a good thing...

Very impressive showing offensively. 

15 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

With two outs, would they have walked Veach?

I would guess not. In a perfect Vols world, they walk Veach and get out of the inning with a DP. I think that's what they were hoping for.

Archived