Men vs. Virginia - game thread

WarTiger

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys I’ll admit I’m in the middle of a Skybar break at momma Gs right now so this is probably incoherent....but War ******* Damn to this group of guys. It’s not Virginia’s fault the call was made blah blah blah....but that’s the most boring brand of basketball I’ve ever seen. Due to the chaotic nature of the tournament, this might be AUs last appearance in a F4 for a bit of time, but if tonight was a heartbreaker, for once heartbreakers are just a tad bit more worth it with Bruce at the helm. War damn Bryce. War damn Malik. War Damn Horace. War Damn Cole. War Damn Eagle

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I rather light myself on fire than watch any other college basketball this season. 

Right there with you brother. I have enjoyed this Auburn team more than any other, but I am done with basketball until Auburn plays again .

Not going back to re-read all the previous posts so this may be repetitive....yes, Samir fouled Guy and he was stone cold on the line.    But the missed called on the double dribble was beyond horrendous.    That call gets made in youth league and I know because I coached tons of youth league basketball.  This is not a case of “oh well, each side gets their share of calls”.  This was as fundamental as putting the ball under your arm and running down the court with it.   It’s an unmissable call.  In open court.   Missed calls like that decide championships between evenly matched teams.    Unacceptable.  

MAN going to miss the hell out of bryce the player and person. Just a pure class act. Will go down as one of the all time greats at AU.

I really can’t believe refs screwed us from probably playing TEXAS TECH for a national championship in basketball. I’m trying to get over it but I just can’t. This hurts so much. 

12 minutes ago, fishepa said:

I really can’t believe refs screwed us from probably playing TEXAS TECH for a national championship in basketball. I’m trying to get over it but I just can’t. This hurts so much. 

That would’ve been awesome ! Especially since everyone was picking Michigan State vs UVA

I can't lie I just keep watching that play over and over and it's such a bad play. Samir didn't even jump to block the shot he just jumped literally for no reason.....

1 hour ago, alexava said:

How is that not a foul on BB on the last desperation heave?

Should have got 3 shots from the line for that too. 

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

You know it is a cold day in hell when Pat Forde is giving AU sympathy.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

You know it is a cold day in hell when Pat Forde is giving AU sympathy.

That’s why I was editing my post before you responded lol. Out of reactions

Apparently BORING wins in college ball. 3 of the 4 boringest teams in America made the final 4 and 2 of them will play for it all Monday Night. There is no justice in sports. SMH........ No one wants to watch that s#$t. First one to 37 wins! HOW EXCITING! I am sure tv execs are through the roof with how this played out........

And Texas tech wins, this was probably au’s Best chance to win a national championship, just Bc of sheer competition, and of course the refs and the goobers ruin it.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Apparently BORING wins in college ball. 3 of the 4 boringest teams in America made the final 4 and 2 of them will play for it all Monday Night. There is no justice in sports. SMH........ No one wants to watch that s#$t. First one to 37 wins! HOW EXCITING! I am sure tv execs are through the roof with how this played out........

UVA is now 2nd to Gonzaga for me. For eternity 

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

I’m for whatever wins and WE BEAT THEM at their own game but got robbed.   They forced us to be boring but we were so good we were able overcome.  Just shows what a great team and coach we have.   We will be back!

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

UVA is now 2nd to Gonzaga for me. For eternity 

UVA is third for eternity passing FSU and crab legs and only behind Bama and the lesbian pe teacher with a bowl cut over at georgia. 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

UVA is third for eternity passing FSU and crab legs and only behind Bama and the lesbian pe teacher with a bowl cut over at georgia. 

I’m just talking basketball, for me before it was Gonzaga, then maybe Wisconsin, etc. Now for me it’s Gonzaga and UVA. I will carry this hate to my death bed

1 minute ago, DAG said:

ESPN calling out the NCAA about the double dribble.

Glad to see the national media, coaches, and commentators calling it out. Really no excuse for how that game ended. Still proud of this team and coaches and hate it for them that it ended like that. I could have taken a blowout loss better. We turned it on the last 3 and half minutes only to get screwed by the refs who had allowed a lot of contact all game long. 

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Apparently BORING wins in college ball

Tried to tell you that lol.

8 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Tried to tell you that lol.

We just didn't play smart at the end

Archived