Men vs. Virginia - game thread

WarTiger

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Lol so they missed the double dribble lol

Now they mention it when it's too late to do anything about it.....Va should not have had the ball....

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that's about as gut wrenching of a loss as I can ever remember. Up there with 2013 national championship game. Proud of this team and the season they've had. War Eagle. 

Bruce failed on this one guys. I guarantee you when he looks at the film he will realize he should have fouled on the floor before Guy hit that first 3 pointer with about 8 seconds. Should not have come to the refs call. But they just pointed out that Guy double dribbled before Bryce fouled him with 2 seconds. Refs did blow it after all, but still shouldn't have made it to that point.

SO proud of this team! WDE!

Not going to blame the refs here.  We still made history tonight and should be proud for our boys.  I am incredibly proud to be an Auburn Tiger and I wish Virginia the best on Monday.  War Eagle!

Just now, AuburnNTexas said:

Need Texas Tech to win then hammer Virginia.

I figure, if Virginia hammers Tech or Sparty, makes us look better.

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

That's this issue...hit brown several times on his shots and not call.....really crappy time to decide that a shooter should have a clear shot...'

Brown literally grabbed a guys and put him in a half Nelson and they didn't call. Harper fouled when he was posted they didn't call it they called the slight push for Harper to put him on the line. That little drought we had hurt us and I thought we overcame it

In no way does this DECISION define or deflect from this team. There will be no stopping them next year. Heartbreaking, and excellent match. Let's go, Texas Tech. Love you forever, Auburn Tigers.

10 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

Double dribble?

I’m gonna quote myself ... we got flat screwed!  That was a clear double dribble!  My WIFE called it as it happens and she knows very little about b-ball.  

That gets called in youth league!

6 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Sad but it was a foul. Not much of one and usually they would not call it. Technically correct but there was a lot of calls in the game when we drove that didn't get called.

It is only a foul based on how it was called all game long. Not a foul in that light!!!

The way Au played the second half I’m surprised we didn’t get smoked . Damnit that’s a bad way to lose. Guy looked like he was in the gym by himself . 

2 minutes ago, 1auburn1 said:

Complete BS. You cannot dribbled the ball off your leg and pick it up with two hands and start dribbling again. Should’ve been our ball should’ve been our game

Told my Dad this as soon as it happened. Game should have been over right then. No excuse for championship officials to miss a double dribble.

I'm stepping away for tonight.

Loved the season, loved this team, love you all. Thanks for the enjoyment through it all.

Archived