Men vs. Virginia - game thread

WarTiger

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had to watch this happen to my cousin and he didn't make ANY contact but like I told him you have to do everything right in that situation. You have no business taking a running jump at a guy shooting in that situation PERIOD. He clear as day hit the guys legs. They watch that more than up high. It's just not smart

Just now, Vhsco88 said:

CBS said that they didn't have time to replay that call but had enough to show the foul countless times 

Screw CBS while we're at it.

That comeback was what Bruce was saying, take the game from them.  We almost did. 

Just now, 33gles said:

Screw CBS while we're at it.

CBS makes me almost wish for an ESPN monopoly. ALMOST.

Just now, cole256 said:

I've had to watch this happen to my cousin and he didn't make ANY contact but like I told him you have to do everything right in that situation. You have no business taking a running jump at a guy shooting in that situation PERIOD. He clear as day hit the guys legs. They watch that more than up high. It's just not smart

It was clearly a foul, but Viginia should not have had a chance to take that shot

1 minute ago, AubWes33 said:

Well that's about as gut wrenching of a loss as I can ever remember. Up there with 2013 national championship game. Proud of this team and the season they've had. War Eagle. 

Exactly why I didn't want to see any "team of destiny" stuff. Of course it has to be in the most gutwrenching way that we lose after coming back. Always...Always..Always. I said before the game that I would be proud of the team no matter the result and still am but this freaking sucks. It has to transfer over to basketball too..Just has to smh. Now I'm just gonna be depressed about this instead. 

5 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Bruce failed on this one guys. I guarantee you when he looks at the film he will realize he should have fouled on the floor before Guy hit that first 3 pointer with about 8 seconds. Should not have come to the refs call. But they just pointed out that Guy double dribbled before Bryce fouled him with 2 seconds. Refs did blow it after all, but still shouldn't have made it to that point.

Y'all thumbs down guys must not know much about basketball strategy.

Au has nobody to blame but Au . Can’t disappear for most of a half . So much more than a foul went into this loss 

1 minute ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

I've gotta blow off some steam. Anyone wanna start a thread on CGM's shortcomings? This board needs a vent session. 

You need to start a thread on the football forum to do that? 

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

If they don’t call it all game, presidence is set and kids can’t determine then that you will start calling it. BS call at the end of the game. You know it. Refs swallow their whistle all the time in the last minute of games. BS!!!

Sick. Just sick. Absolutely an amazing run. Harper wasn't himself tonight. Dehydrated and cramping. Wonder what difference having him healthy for 30+ minutes would have made.

2 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

It was clearly a foul, but Viginia should not have had a chance to take that shot

I agree completely

5 minutes ago, Vhsco88 said:

CBS said that they didn't have time to replay that call but had enough to show the foul countless times 

Fairly certain they went on a commercial break right after it happened. Absolute bull****.

Archived