Men vs. Virginia - game thread

WarTiger

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This game was taken out of our hands once again with the refs controlling it. Reminds me of the Saints ball game where we were fouled to kingdom come and lost it. Except we did not foul and should have ended the game then. The Doc is mad as a rabid wolf at the moment!  What a run though. I remember when we lost to Syracuse and they won the Naty.

4 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

It's a joke...

I know. And I meant, “do you really need to start a thread on that, when all threads on the football forum have some bitching about Malzahn in them?”  

I'm completely heartbroken, atm and I don't know how it's gonna take for me to get over this loss. I can't imagine what the players are feeling at the moment. But when the dust settles we'll look back at this season with fondness and joy. We just went to the Final Four while beating Kansas, UNC, and Kentucky. Then come within 1 point of the only other #1 seed on what could be considered controversy on the double dribble not called. 

NONE of that will take away what we accomplished. FINAL FOUR FOR THE FIRST TIME, EVER! We will be back here, guaranteed. Whether it's next year or the year after. Pearl will have us back and we'll will it all. I just know it.

Just now, CAReeves2010 said:

For the ones saying the call at the end was right, my question is how many times is that called in normal circumstances?

Hardly...But Samir had NO BUSINESS leaving his feet on that one...

I wish nothing but the absolute worse to Virginia, Tony Bennett, that junk bush league stall ball and them going forward. I already hated them but my God my fury for them is on Bama and Georgia levels. Luckiest freaking team I have ever seen.

They should have never had the 3-point opportunity, the missed double dribble was the game.  AU ball end of story.  The foul is a judgement call and cannot be reviewed.  Double dribble is not judgement, he picked the ball up with two hands after dribbling and began to dribble again.  It does not matter that it hit his foot.  The refs blew it, and they are the only ones paid on the floor to get it right.

Just now, CAReeves2010 said:

For the ones saying the call at the end was right, my question is how many times is that called in normal circumstances?

It's literally a mandate now like rolling into a qb in football. You have to let a guy land. They called the same call against my cousin the Purdue game and that guy kicked his leg out. Guy went straight up and straight down

This is worse than the 2013 natty. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Worse. Worst loss of my lifetime. I will never ever get over this. Why are we cursed? What did we do to deserve this?

I couldn't watch the second half, was following on ESPN game cast so I didn't see the double dribble. So there was a double dribble before Samir fouled on the 3 point attempt? 

1 minute ago, GTNupe11 said:

Hardly...But Samir had NO BUSINESS leaving his feet on that one...

No business even getting close to fouling there.

Just now, around4ever said:

I don't see any way that all three officials missed the double dribble no call.   Especially in that moment. 

The one ref was literally right there beside them

2 minutes ago, AFTiger said:

Anybody have any doubts about that foul call?

Which one?  they only chose to call slight body contact in the last second of the game. Didn’t call it all night long so it should not have been a foul based on how it was called all game long. That is why the perception of a ref not making calls in the last minute of a game is out there. Do you watch other basketball games at all???

I feel like somebody has slapped me across the face with a dirty diaper. 

Archived