Proud of this team

Maverick.AU

Regardless of the outcome of this game, I’m so happy with how this team, grew and fought. They will be remembered forever. Don’t want this to be a ref bashing thread, let’s keep that to the game thread (I’m ticked too), but man, who would’ve expected this season

1 minute ago, auburn4ever said:

I'm very proud of this Auburn team. I just hate face those bammers starting tomorrow.

They sure are an arrogant bunch for a team that lost the first round of the NIT

I'm completely heartbroken, atm and I don't know how long it's gonna take for me to get over this loss. I can't imagine what the players are feeling at the moment. But when the dust settles we'll look back at this season with fondness and joy. We just went to the Final Four while beating Kansas, UNC, and Kentucky. Then come within 1 point of the only other #1 seed on what could be considered controversy on the double dribble not called. 

NONE of that will take away what we accomplished. FINAL FOUR FOR THE FIRST TIME, EVER! Best season ever in Auburn Basketball. There's no shame in losing to a #1 seed by 1 point. We will be back here, guaranteed. Whether it's next year or the year after that. Pearl will have us back in the Final Four and into a National Championship. Auburn basketball is here to stay and the whole world better be ready for it!

So incredibly proud of them.  Think of how they’ve brought basketball back to Auburn. It has been so fun.  I love the heart of this team.  Each and every one of them.  It’s been an incredible run.  I hope they throw a freaking parade for these guys.  

8 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

So incredibly proud of them.  Think of how they’ve brought basketball back to Auburn. It has been so fun.  I love the heart of this team.  Each and every one of them.  It’s been an incredible run.  I hope they throw a freaking parade for these guys.  

Very good young men with lots of heart and love for one another and Auburn. Now I just have to pull for whichever team plays Virginia Monday so they don't get to be Champions.

Absolutely proud of them! Especially for the way they clawed their way back in during the final 5 minutes. It hurts, but it is what it is. Still the greatest season ever by an Auburn basketball team.

1 minute ago, au701948 said:

Very good young men with lots of heart and love for one another and Auburn. Now I just have to pull for whichever team plays Virginia Monday so they don't get to be Champions.

I wouldn't mind them being champions. Then at least we lost to the champs, not the runners up.

33 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Regardless of the outcome of this game, I’m so happy with how this team, grew and fought. They will be remembered forever. Don’t want this to be a ref bashing thread, let’s keep that to the game thread (I’m ticked too), but man, who would’ve expected this season

Great post. Too many missed 3s early was the difference. Not a missed call on a double dribble. Great season. 

WAR EAGLE!!!

4 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

I wouldn't mind them being champions. Then at least we lost to the champs, not the runners up.

Had that thought too but then I realized I don't care at this point and will find something else to do Monday night. Proud of Auburn Men's Basketball. I think Bruce will get them back there again...soon. Auburn got some great recruiting mileage throughout their run in the tournament. Love Bruce and the guys on this team. They have put Auburn on the map. 

I absolutely am proud of this team. That is why I am so fired up about it being taken from them. Yes I know, there were plays and missed opportunities that if we had capitalized on that no call on the double dribble would not have mattered, but we still battled back and did enough to gut out the win. We were in position to win with 1:00 to go. It was our game to lose. Virginia battled, I give them that, they certainly are a strong team, but they were gifted that win on that no call. 

20 minutes ago, WeaglWeaglWDE said:

I absolutely am proud of this team. That is why I am so fired up about it being taken from them. Yes I know, there were plays and missed opportunities that if we had capitalized on that no call on the double dribble would not have mattered, but we still battled back and did enough to gut out the win. We were in position to win with 1:00 to go. It was our game to lose. Virginia battled, I give them that, they certainly are a strong team, but they were gifted that win on that no call. 

Out of reactions today, so 👍🏼

I know it's probably not going to happen but I'd love for all of our underclassmen to come back next year. 

I'm so incredibly proud of this team. To get up.off the deck after bad losses at home to Ole Miss & a butt-whipping at Rupp and regroup to win an SEC tournament championship, to regroup after Chuma's injury and won a Midwest regional championship, to play Virginia to the wire without Chuma-- all of that is amazing and worth every accolade they get. I love them! But all of that is why losing like we did hurts so much. Not a judgment call but a.missed call that would have sealed the game for us. My nephew called it immediately. Ja Morant called it immediately on Twitter. Apparently so did a bunch of other people on Twitter. So how do those refs.miss that call in a game like tbis? This team just didn't deserve to have their great run end this way. But it was indeed a great run! They're terrific! I love what they accomplished! The greatest ever & the continuation of what started last year! I can't wait for what comes next! 

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

Had that thought too but then I realized I don't care at this point and will find something else to do Monday night. Proud of Auburn Men's Basketball. I think Bruce will get them back there again...soon. Auburn got some great recruiting mileage throughout their run in the tournament. Love Bruce and the guys on this team. They have put Auburn on the map. 

Out of likes, but yep.  I can't root for Virginia.  I agree with Titan in another thread...one expects these kinds of games to be close.  It may indeed come down to one point.  But it shouldn't be a point that got an extra boost by negligence on the part of those who get paid the big bucks to be what?  FAIR and impartial.  As if.  But yes, nothing, NOTHING takes away the fact that Auburn athletics has had its definition vastly expanded this season and, in having the heart of the boys and the passionate competence of Coach Pearl, we are bringing the most important trophy home...HOPE for the future.  Good night everyone!  War Eagle forever---to the moon and back!

Very proud of this team and the coaches.  This was a great season.  The best in Auburn Basketball history.   It was a fun ride, wild and heart wrenching at times, but fun nonetheless.  I love and respect each and every one of the players and coaches.  To the seniors, I wish you all the best and hope you get the chance to continue this game. To the rest of the team, please come back.  We have unfinished business to take care of.  

War Damn Eagle!!!!

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

I'm very proud of this Auburn team. I just hate face those bammers starting tomorrow.

5-0 against Bammer in BB this year.

I am so proud of this team and the run they had. None of us would have thought a Final Four appearance would have been possible after the blowout at KY. Winning the SEC, destroying TN, Kansas and NC and getting revenge on KY will always be a pleasant memory.

Thanks for the effort over the past 2 seasons...who'd thought after we got beat by a NAIA school in the pre-season last year, that we would win an SEC title, SEC tourney title and a Final FOUR....plus all the off court distractions....congrats to all the players, coaches and staff....great memories will always remember....WDE!!!!!

Archived