Proud of this team

Maverick.AU

I’m going to be honest here and say this one hurt.  It hurts as much as the 2013 BCS game.  I still can’t watch the replay of that game.  

I’m sad.  I’m angry.  I’m disappointed.  Having said that, I’m so proud of these Auburn men.  It was such a fun ride.      I’m so happy for the season we had.  It was so magical.  

Thank you Bruce Pearl for coaching these fine men.  Thank you to all the players for the memories.  Good luck to the seniors!!  I hope the underclassmen come back and make another run and bring home the Championship next year!!

WAR EAGLE FOREVER!!

48 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

5-0 against Bammer in BB this year.

Not insignificant but we’re so far beyond worrying about what those people are doing.  We now play among the elites and I think we will stay there as long as Bruce is our coach.   Keep the man, whatever it takes.  WDE!

23 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

this tore what was left of my heart to pieces. I may be done for the night 

Damn it, the tears are back! I wanted to do a last check onto the forum before I went to bed and now I don't know if I can go to sleep for a bit. Hour after and I'm still torn up about the way we lost this game. Way worse than 2013, IMO.

2 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Damn it, the tears are back! I wanted to do a last check onto the forum before I went to bed and now I don't know if I can go to sleep for a bit. Hour after and I'm still torn up about the way we lost this game. Way worse than 2013, IMO.

I said it at the beginning of the last season, I believe, the two players in auburn athletics I was hardest on, early in their careers here were Bryce brown and tray Matthews. Man did both of those guys grow into big time players or what. Lot of thunder down this way tonight. Even nature knows

5 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I said it at the beginning of the last season, I believe, the two players in auburn athletics I was hardest on, early in their careers here were Bryce brown and tray Matthews. Man did both of those guys grow into big time players or what. Lot of thunder down this way tonight. Even nature knows

I feel like everyone has always been really hard on Bryce. He gets the most criticism here on this board and the kid has grown into such a great Auburn man. I've even been hard on him for starting to pout in games but damn has he came a long way since the first year he arrived here. I think he'll go down in history as one of the top 10 most important players for Auburn Basketball.

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

I feel like everyone has always been really hard on Bryce. He gets the most criticism here on this board and the kid has grown into such a great Auburn man. I've even been hard on him or starting to pout in games but damn has he came a long way since the first year he arrived here. I think he'll go down in history as one of the top 10 most important players for Auburn Basketball.

It’s going to be hard watching auburn basketball next year without Bryce

24 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

It’s going to be hard watching auburn basketball next year without Bryce

Especially since In this franchise I’m playing, Bryce just hit a buzzer beater 3 over miss st 😭

I'm disappointed in the loss to Virginia, but this team achieved so much more than I expected, that I'm just experiencing the usual bittersweet end of a basketball season.  I've watched this team all season long, from the high preseason expectations with the early #7 national ranking;  to the disappointing 2-4 start of the SEC season;  to the embarrassing blowout loss in the 2nd game vs. Kentucky that left us standing at 18-9 and with me at that point just wishing for us to at least win 2 more to make it to 20 wins in order to get a decent NCAA bid;  to the completely unexpected 12 game winning streak on the heels of that loss, including winning the SEC tournament and making the Final Four by beating Kansas, North Carolina, and (in the 3rd time's the charm) Kentucky.  My happiness over this great season is not diminished over it ending in a loss, the common bittersweet end to a season that happens to every good basketball team aside from one.

Yeah, this was probably a year in which our chances of winning the championship was very high, but making the Final Four was just such a great achievement that I can live without winning it all.  Merely making the Final Four is so tough to do that it's almost as revered in men's college basketball as winning a championship is, so whenever I get to see the "2019 NCAA Final Four" banner that'll be hanging in Auburn Arena, I'll feel nothing but pride and happiness over what this team has done:

2019 SEC Tournament Champions
2019 NCAA Final Four
Auburn's first ever 30 win season

Wow!  What a great season!

11 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

I feel like everyone has always been really hard on Bryce. He gets the most criticism here on this board and the kid has grown into such a great Auburn man. I've even been hard on him for starting to pout in games but damn has he came a long way since the first year he arrived here. I think he'll go down in history as one of the top 10 most important players for Auburn Basketball.

Yep. Gonna miss him. 

16 hours ago, Ber798297 said:

I’m going to be honest here and say this one hurt.  It hurts as much as the 2013 BCS game.  I still can’t watch the replay of that game.  

I’m sad.  I’m angry.  I’m disappointed.  Having said that, I’m so proud of these Auburn men.  It was such a fun ride.      I’m so happy for the season we had.  It was so magical.  

Thank you Bruce Pearl for coaching these fine men.  Thank you to all the players for the memories.  Good luck to the seniors!!  I hope the underclassmen come back and make another run and bring home the Championship next year!!

WAR EAGLE FOREVER!!

This may sound like blasphemy and I LOVE Auburn football but this loss hurts worse than any I’ve ever experienced. Even football. And I’m in my 40s 

5 minutes ago, AUJedi said:

This may sound like blasphemy and I LOVE Auburn football but this loss hurts worse than any I’ve ever experienced. Even football. And I’m in my 40s 

The thing that has me the most upset is that this could potentially be our last shot at a basketball natty in my/our lifetimes. 

44 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

The thing that has me the most upset is that this could potentially be our last shot at a basketball natty in my/our lifetimes. 

Nah!  We'll be back soon, maybe next year. 

22 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Nah!  We'll be back soon, maybe next year. 

I hope you’re right! And I expect big things from Coach Pearl’s teams, but I think it’s harder to get there in basketball than in football 

Archived