Props to Virginia

51 minutes ago, slipadeedoodah said:

They made our offense look average about 2/3 of the game. I hope they take the title in the end.

I just wish Guy had made that 3 at the end. Losing on free throws bites HARD.

Take that post and the double dribble and stick it.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

will it not look better for auburn to lose to the champs versus a team that loses the natty? will our powe ranking or whatever not be higher if they win? serious i do not understand that fpi or power stuff.

Yup screw em hope they lose by at least 50. Try lost the game and deserved to lose only t get help at the end. These Tigers deserved better for everything They’ve gone through and how they battled to get there. 

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

will it not look better for auburn to lose to the champs versus a team that loses the natty? will our powe ranking or whatever not be higher if they win? serious i do not understand that fpi or power stuff.

No it wouldn’t matter one bit. 

I don’t have any problems at all with Va.  I do have a problem with incompetent refs not calling the double dribble.  That happened in plain view and it is not even debatable that the dude double dribbled.  

Uva is a difficult team to play.....no question about that and probably was a factor in the fact that we shot so poorly.....but they were a first seed and I give them NO props for beating a 5 seed team and needing a blown call by the refs to make it happen.  

I'm usually willing to recognize when the better team wins and give them credit but  this case, the only credit I give is for that little gunner who drained the 3 gift foul shots.  I give the rest of the team and coach nothing....

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

No it wouldn’t matter one bit. 

I agree. The Final Four did that. 

i just cannot hate va. thei coach was classy as hell when he sai he really hoped they did not win on a bad call. and i think most people understand life is not fair. i hurt just as much as most of you folks i just am trying to except the loss with class and dignity.  i think it is just a better look for me and for auburn to be classy even i am not a happy camper. but i am just an old hippie so what do i know right?

They are basketball's version of the LA Rams for me.  I hope they lose because they shouldn't even be there.  If I get to make wishes, please let it be because of a terrible call or no-call by the refs at the end.

I'm glad they're only playing one more game. Their style is most unentertaining! I wish they would make the shot clock to be 20 seconds so our anguish of having to watch teams like them would be minimal.

24 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

you guys are so mad i expect some of you to go kick your dog or something. i think the op said he hated losing the game on free thows. i am pretty sure he never said he was happy auburn lost. some of us are not pro's at posting like many on here are. i am pretty sure he meant if we lose it would have been easier on him versus the three free throws. show me where he said he was happy we lost.........

I think it has more to do with hoping a team who didnt earn that W a championship. As far as I'm concerned they can stop the tech/msu game and hand that bland cheap piece of varnished trash the NCAA calls the NCAA Division 1 Men's Basketball trophy to the officials cause honestly they've earned it. Love you fifty, WDE.

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i just cannot hate va. thei coach was classy as hell when he sai he really hoped they did not win on a bad call. and i think most people understand life is not fair. i hurt just as much as most of you folks i just am trying to except the loss with class and dignity.  i think it is just a better look for me and for auburn to be classy even i am not a happy camper. but i am just an old hippie so what do i know right?

He backed it up by saying he thought it was the right call though

4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

I’m just saying I am not going to support them in the championship game. If that doesn’t make me classy that’s fine. I can take the L .

thanx for the shout out. i am smoking instead of drinking so maybe that is why i am not more upset. heck i might wake up and be mad as hell tomorrow.......

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I’m just saying I am not going to support them in the championship game. If that doesn’t make me classy that’s fine. I can take the L .

i would never say that about you dag. but i bet when bruce does his post game stuff he will sound more like me than some folks on here. i am not trying to say folks on here are bad people. i am just trying to take the high road after a devastating loss and nothing more.

Just now, aubiefifty said:

thanx for the shout out. i am smoking instead of drinking so maybe that is why i am not more upset. heck i might wake up and be mad as hell tomorrow.......

No sir. We are better than that but tonight was AUBURN'S night and we had it ripped out from underneath us. This one should sting and once again it shows how far this program has come. We were good enough to play Monday not just show up on Saturday. WAR DAMN EAGLE & WAR DAMN BRUCE 

4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i would never say that about you dag. but i bet when bruce does his post game stuff he will sound more like me than some folks on here. i am not trying to say folks on here are bad people. i am just trying to take the high road after a devastating loss and nothing more.

Bruce already said the call was wrong . Anywho chuck was great. 

Can somebody please delete this ridiculous thread, that should’ve been started in the first place?

BRUCE PEARL: I asked them, would we have trusted God any more in victory than we would trust Him in defeat, in the sense that He carried us all the way here all season long and put so much blessing upon us. So this is what the plan was, and let’s handle the defeat like with dignity and with class. Let’s give the opponent credit. Virginia shot 56, 57 percent the second half. Offensively, they played really well and scored and knocked down shots, and as a result, they’re still playing.

You give props to someone when they deserved to beat you. Virginia didn’t. Deep down, I know it isn’t their fault, but I have nothing but hate for Virginia now.They join Bama, UGA, and Florida State on my top for “go f yourselves” list.

I can’t fault UVA because a ref blew a crucial call. They were able to play their game and AU almost beat them at it anyway.  One hurts this morning now that I’ve had more time to reflect on it. AU overcame so much to be there and to have 2 “professionals” watch a blatant double dribble and ignore it, and then have the ncaa say they won’t talk about it is almost criminal. The ncaa does not care about it’s athletes, period. Those kids deserve an admission of error and an apology. 

I am a UVA Law grad. So I have a reason to cheer for them. Great memories. Love that town. 

That said, I’ll be at the game on Monday cheering for Texas Tech. UVA lost that game, and I hope they get beat by 100. They don’t deserve to get any closer to that trophy. 

Walking out, I had a UVA guy ask me if I’d sell my Monday ticket. I told him I’d rather set it on fire than put another Virginia fan in the arena. So no. I’m not giving them props for losing and having the refs change the outcome, and I’m not graciously cheering for them. 

Regardless if you agree or disagree with the officiating, uva wasn’t the ones officiating. UVA won the game, congratulations to them. I hope AUburn has the opportunity to play them next season and beat the brakes off UVA. 

Well you can’t agree with the officiating because the missed turnover isn’t even debatable. If you disagree that that’s a missed call, you’re basically saying “I don’t think the rules of basketball should restrict how you dribble.” So, remove the caveat. 

And no, they didn’t make the plays to win. They turned it over. The officials gave them a do over and then MAYBE they made the play. 

12 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

BRUCE PEARL: I asked them, would we have trusted God any more in victory than we would trust Him in defeat, in the sense that He carried us all the way here all season long and put so much blessing upon us. So this is what the plan was, and let’s handle the defeat like with dignity and with class. Let’s give the opponent credit. Virginia shot 56, 57 percent the second half. Offensively, they played really well and scored and knocked down shots, and as a result, they’re still playing.

Give him the glory in defeat and victory. I think we all were little caught in the moment last night. Kudos to both teams playing tomorrow. It will be a low scoring affair.

Archived