Props to Virginia

Kudos to a kid for making 3 pressure free throws that he NEVER should have taken.  Outside of that, I got nothing for UVA, NCAA or the sorry excuse of officiating displayed in the last 10 seconds of the game.  The problem you have, is those refs will get no reprimand, make no apology, make no amends or even come out from behind the fence to admit they changed the outcome of the game and did not let the events on the floor (players) dictate it..  I have not, nor will I, watch another second of the tournament.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

Well you can’t agree with the officiating because the missed turnover isn’t even debatable. If you disagree that that’s a missed call, you’re basically saying “I don’t think the rules of basketball should restrict how you dribble.” So, remove the caveat. 

And no, they didn’t make the plays to win. They turned it over. The officials gave them a do over and then MAYBE they made the play. 

Friend, what I’m saying is UVA is great team and not giving them credit for their accomplishments is like saying AUburn lost to a subpar team. The old axiom of “it shouldn’t have been close enough for the referees to affect the game” holds true here. I really believed before the game that AUburn was going to win and it would be about a 10 point difference. I didn’t think AUburn could get the W’s against UNC and UK but I really felt we were better than UVA. They did their thing and I feel like if they win the whole thing it makes AUburn look even more legit. 

Props to the refs that didn't call traveling (sarcasm). I'll never get over that. Our average offense was enough to win the game.

On 4/6/2019 at 8:02 PM, gr82be said:

So your okay with losing at the end as long as it's not at the free throw line?  That's messed up.  

I would be and don't think it is messed up. Also have to take the double dribble out.

Would mean that UVA made the play in the end and beat us straight up. If I have to lose I will take being beat straight up like that over watching charity shots all day long.

On 4/6/2019 at 8:21 PM, DAG said:

Props to the guy hitting three free throws for sure. As for UVA, they can kick rocks. Bennett lost me with that controversial or not post game comment. 

Ya. I wasn't keen on many of their responses either. And damn, they kid might of well been shooting those FT's in his own backyard with nothing but the crickets chirping. He was ice on all of them. So props for him.

And doom on UVA, for making us go out like that. their comments, and making me pull for Texas Tech.

On 4/6/2019 at 9:18 PM, aubiefifty said:

BRUCE PEARL: I asked them, would we have trusted God any more in victory than we would trust Him in defeat, in the sense that He carried us all the way here all season long and put so much blessing upon us. So this is what the plan was, and let’s handle the defeat like with dignity and with class. Let’s give the opponent credit. Virginia shot 56, 57 percent the second half. Offensively, they played really well and scored and knocked down shots, and as a result, they’re still playing.

Bruce also said if your gonna call that foul then call it in the beginning and the middle just like they did in the end.

17 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Ya. I wasn't keen on many of their responses either. And damn, they kid might of well been shooting those FT's in his own backyard with nothing but the crickets chirping. He was ice on all of them. So props for him.

And doom on UVA, for making us go out like that. their comments, and making me pull for Texas Tech.

I knew he would have no issues with them as soon as he stepped up there with that cocky smirk.

12 hours ago, DAG said:

I knew he would have no issues with them as soon as he stepped up there with that cocky smirk.

Lol my gf actually commented on what a "punchable face" he had during their Elite 8 game. Also, can't respect dude at all for his post-game reply of being "terrified" at the FT line lol...soft as hell

But he made them. I'm just salty, I'll admit it.

Jeez guys I was just stating my opinion. I turned off the TV as soon as Brown missed the last shot so I didn’t know about the double dribble. Still, it was one of those games that could have gone either way in the end.

I think most of y’alls problem is that you think we can’t get back here. How DARE you doubt this team?

1 hour ago, slipadeedoodah said:

Jeez guys I was just stating my opinion. I turned off the TV as soon as Brown missed the last shot so I didn’t know about the double dribble. Still, it was one of those games that could have gone either way in the end.

I think most of y’alls problem is that you think we can’t get back here. How DARE you doubt this team?

It is extremely tough to repeat tournament runs. It's not impossible because we've seen teams like UF and Nova win back to back championships but those teams pretty much returned everybody from the year before. Everything just about has to align perfectly. I don't think anyone doubts AU's ability but we don't even know what 2019-'20's team will look like yet. 

Well..it's all done and regardless of ref questions I do have to give UVA some credit.

their players much never took plays off or slacked off during the game....played hard the full 40 minutes ....and never assumed the game was over until there were all zeros on the game clock.

Archived