Still Hurts!!!

AUJedi

I haven’t hurt this much over an Auburn loss in a long time! And my hatred for uat fans has went to a level I didn’t even think was possible. BUCK FAMA FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRERRDRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13 minutes ago, AUJedi said:

I haven’t hurt this much over an Auburn loss in a long time! And my hatred for uat fans has went to a level I didn’t even think was possible. BUCK FAMA FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRERRDRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude I hate them too but who cares. They are sniveling, piss poor excuses fir sports fans who live to troll anything Auburn and run their mouths about championships they had 0% to do with. Dont let those aholes ruin what this did accomplished for you. 

I haven't been this sick since Auburn/LSU this past football season. Again I am disgusted that a game comes down to a referee's, at best, ineptitude or, at worst, antagonistic officiating.

Again the problem is consistency. If you want to argue that the speed of the game prevented the double dribble from being called fine, but the foul on Doughty should've waived for the same reason. If you want to quote the NCAA rule for why Doughty was called, fine, but at least grow some balls and apologize to Auburn and it's fanbase for screwing them. Of course the NCAA would never admit such guilt.

I heard some talking head talking about Bryce grabbing jersey before the double dribble and that we can't have it both ways, but again I refer to the previous argument. Let em play or don't; consistency. 🤬

7 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

I haven't been this sick since Auburn/LSU this past football season. Again I am disgusted that a game comes down to a referee's, at best, ineptitude or, at worst, antagonistic officiating.

Again the problem is consistency. If you want to argue that the speed of the game prevented the double dribble from being called fine, but the foul on Doughty should've waived for the same reason. If you want to quote the NCAA rule for why Doughty was called, fine, but at least grow some balls and apologize to Auburn and it's fanbase for screwing them. Of course the NCAA would never admit such guilt.

I heard some talking head talking about Bryce grabbing jersey before the double dribble and that we can't have it both ways, but again I refer to the previous argument. Let em play or don't; consistency. 🤬

The grabbing the jersey is subjective . There were a lot of grabbing and pulling throughout the game I can live with. Two calls were not subjective. The last call which was a foul and the double dribble. Consistency , as you put it, is the key more than anything else. I think this will be a learning lesson for all parties.

Of course, there are many more, but I’ll stop here. Also, not one word from the NCAA about the double-dribble. They took the time to address the foul and they of course confirmed it was a foul committed by Auburn. But again, not one word from the NCAA about the double-dribble missed call.

Missed double dribble looms large in Virginia’s comeback win over Auburn

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/sports/2019/04/07/missed-double-dribble-looms-large-virginias-comeback-win-over-auburn/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/watch-virginia-vs-auburn-ends-on-stunning-foul-call-after-missed-double-dribble-in-wild-final-four-finish/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/ncaa-basketball/news/final-four-2019-refs-miss-virginia-double-dribble-in-final-possession-against-auburn/1on4pslna7jom1s7hf3qf3q1wh

Opinion: Uncalled double-dribble robbed Auburn of a trip to the national championship game

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/39311149

The refs missed this UVA double-dribble and Auburn fans should be mad forever

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-basketball/2019/4/6/18298643/virginia-double-dribble-auburn-refs-final-four

Still waiting on word from the NCAA...

Tag lines for game Monday night should read:

"UVA DOUBLE DRIBBLES WAY INTO FINALS AT THE EXPENSE OF AUBURN.  WHILE THE MEDIA IS FOCUSED ON OPINIONS SURROUNDING THE LEGITIMACY OF THE FOUL CALLED AT THE END OF THE GAME, IT SHOULD RECOGNIZE THAT FOUL COULD HAVE NEVER BEEN CALLED IF THE REFS WOULD HAVE MADE THE PROPER, OBVIOUS CALL ON DOUBLE DRIBBLE COMMITTED A MERE FEW SECONDS PRIOR.  ANY OFFICIALS MISSING SUCH A CALL ON THIS STAGE AT THIS MOMENT SHOULD NEVER BE ALLOWED TO CALL A GAME AGAIN, ON ANY LEVEL"

The title of this thread is spot on. I went to bed last night thinking I would get up this morning and think about how great of a run it was. Unfortunately, it just still hurts. 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

The grabbing the jersey is subjective . There were a lot of grabbing and pulling throughout the game I can live with. Two calls were not subjective. The last call which was a foul and the double dribble. Consistency , as you put it, is the key more than anything else. I think this will be a learning lesson for all parties.

THAT's exactly how I feel. For someone to point out a soft quick grab of a jersey, that didn't alter anything the guard did on his drive is ridiculous to point out.

The fact that they missed the Double Dribble, wipes out all the other issues, since they would not have occurred. 

30 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Of course, there are many more, but I’ll stop here. Also, not one word from the NCAA about the double-dribble. They took the time to address the foul and they of course confirmed it was a foul committed by Auburn. But again, not one word from the NCAA about the double-dribble missed call.

Missed double dribble looms large in Virginia’s comeback win over Auburn

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/sports/2019/04/07/missed-double-dribble-looms-large-virginias-comeback-win-over-auburn/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/watch-virginia-vs-auburn-ends-on-stunning-foul-call-after-missed-double-dribble-in-wild-final-four-finish/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/ncaa-basketball/news/final-four-2019-refs-miss-virginia-double-dribble-in-final-possession-against-auburn/1on4pslna7jom1s7hf3qf3q1wh

Opinion: Uncalled double-dribble robbed Auburn of a trip to the national championship game

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/39311149

The refs missed this UVA double-dribble and Auburn fans should be mad forever

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-basketball/2019/4/6/18298643/virginia-double-dribble-auburn-refs-final-four

Still waiting on word from the NCAA...

The NCAA says they DON"T comment on calls NOT made by the referees.

This is where they hide from accountability....

Yep, I didn’t hurt last night, but it’s hurting today. The only silver lining is that for the first time in a long time the national media seems sympathetic to Auburn for a change. 

2 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Yep, I didn’t hurt last night, but it’s hurting today. The only silver lining is that for the first time in a long time the national media seems sympathetic to Auburn for a change. 

You know, I was kind of thinking about this. The loss gives people the chance to see how gracious we can be in defeat. It shows the real character of Bruce Pearl and hopefully changes the narrative on him. It makes people sympathetic to Auburn. 

Given all that, I WOULD MUCH RATHER HAVE WON THE FREAKING GAME, FAIR AND SQUARE!!!

10 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

The NCAA says they DON"T comment on calls NOT made by the referees.

This is where they hide from accountability....

Then we, as college sports fans, need to let them know how sick of it we are. It's not being bad sports to want fairness. We have been witnessing blatant misuse of officiating responsibilities for long enough.

It does make me feel a teeny tiny bit better (not really) that this is one where the outcry is not confined to Auburn fans. As all have been saying, this is much more like the saints and the Super bowl. And whoever (don’t remember who or what thread) would not sell their final ticket to a Virginia fan, kudos to you! Go Red Raiders!!!

47 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

You know, I was kind of thinking about this. The loss gives people the chance to see how gracious we can be in defeat. It shows the real character of Bruce Pearl and hopefully changes the narrative on him. It makes people sympathetic to Auburn. 

Given all that, I WOULD MUCH RATHER HAVE WON THE FREAKING GAME, FAIR AND SQUARE!!!

Rising from injustice crowns real champions. How we treat others when misunderstood, maligned, and misrepresented speaks volumes. I wish we didn't have to be the Guinea pig this time, with so much that they've overcome along the way, but it puts us in a huge position for blessing later. That's my silver lining today...but I would have much preferred another one. Again, we bring the real trophies home...Pearl and the team!!  Plus our newfound love and joy for hoops, the in-your-face to the ones who mistakenly think the Clemson stomp has been long forgotten, and hope, sheer hope. Rest well boys and Coach Pearl, staff, and all in loved who worked so hard, and let's do it again! Oh, and if new accountability measures for officiating can rise due to unwanted but deserved scrutiny by any powers that be that exist, then bring it, baby. 

I don't live in Alabama. Everyone at church today, all fans of other schools, come up and discuss how awful the outcome was. The one Alabama fan comes up to explain how there were 100 other plays that could've won us the game. Interesting how that logic does not apply to the 2013 iron bowl. I love Auburn. I hurt for our players. It will take a while to get over this, but I'd rather lose 1000 games like last night than be a Bammer for a minute. 

26 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

I don't live in Alabama. Everyone at church today, all fans of other schools, come up and discuss how awful the outcome was. The one Alabama fan comes up to explain how there were 100 other plays that could've won us the game. Interesting how that logic does not apply to the 2013 iron bowl. I love Auburn. I hurt for our players. It will take a while to get over this, but I'd rather lose 1000 games like last night than be a Bammer for a minute. 

I didn't think anything or anyone could make me smile today but you have! Thanks for reminding me how good we have it even after a loss like this! War Eagle fellow hurting Aubies! We're still Aubies!

I have some Bama friends that showed class and I think were  truly pulling for us. I don’t understand how anyone in this state could have rooted against Auburn last night. If the situations were reversed between the schools and that had been Bama playing, I would have bled crimson! Or at the VERY LEAST, kept my mouth shut. Their joy over that loss ranks right up there with Updike imo. I’ll never forget it!! 

2 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

i'm having a hard time accepting this s**t!!!!!....this was so wrong

Me too. Not the officiating. The fact we had it won. I don’t get to down on a single player but damn. 

2 minutes ago, alexava said:

Me too. Not the officiating. The fact we had it won. I don’t get to down on a single player but damn. 

the damn officials....they are too sorry to hold a real job, and get paid to trot up and down a gym floor with kids, and can't even do that right....they are PAID to get it right!!!!double dribble is the most basic call in the rules, and easiest to detect!!!!

Winning and victories do not do to much to me. I enjoy it because it protects me from the pain of losing. But losing effects me something fierce. I hate losing way way way more than I enjoy winning. I do not remember how I felt after 2010 besides just being relieved we did not lose but I will never forget how I felt after 2013 and last night. It will haunt me forever just like 2013 does. Losing absolute heartbreaks like we have in the natty for football and just last night in the final 4 makes me play the what if game over and over in my head. I hate it. That fake punt in the natty and the double dribble last night I will think about every day.

Yeah. I’m never letting this one go. The only loss that was almost as heartbreaking was the loss against FSU in 2013-14 in football. At least the loss in that game was Auburn's fault though. This one is even more upsetting because we didn’t deserve to lose.

I really hope those refs are sent packing after this, and I hope they never officiate a game again at any level, including juvenile rec leagues. 

Honestly, my Bama fan friends have been completely gracious and supportive. Even so much as to put "War Eagle" on their facebook pages. More than just one or two friends. Honestly, I don't think I will ever utter those ugly RTR words, ever! Y'all need better friends and I probably need to learn to be a better one. 😂😂😂

Archived