Basketball board more active than football

BJCrawford

When, the week before A-Day, the basketball board was much more active than the football one. In fact, in past years, I’m not sure I ever visited the basketball boards much at all. It has been an incredibly fun year! Here’s hoping it’s just the beginning. War Eagle!

Get used to it.  As long as BP is at Auburn, MBB will be relevant in March and every so often in April again.

6 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

When, the week before A-Day, the basketball board was much more active than the football one. In fact, in past years, I’m not sure I ever visited the basketball boards much at all. It has been an incredibly fun year! Here’s hoping it’s just the beginning. War Eagle!

It is just the beginning no question!

I dont believe in superstition, but knock on wood, Pearl should have us like this every season going forward. He's the at worst best coach in the SEC currently (Calipari is washed, Rick Barnes (lol), Nate Oats won't get the support at that program that he deserves, maybe Jerry Stackhouse is a problem) and has made Auburn a household basketball name and social media giant. It'd take some disastrous luck for Auburn to fall off the trajectory we're on now

On 4/7/2019 at 11:32 PM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I dont believe in superstition, but knock on wood, Pearl should have us like this every season going forward. He's the at worst best coach in the SEC currently (Calipari is washed, Rick Barnes (lol), Nate Oats won't get the support at that program that he deserves, maybe Jerry Stackhouse is a problem) and has made Auburn a household basketball name and social media giant. It'd take some disastrous luck for Auburn to fall off the trajectory we're on now

Just signed a Top Ten class!

On 4/7/2019 at 1:17 PM, BJCrawford said:

the basketball board was much more active than the football one.

there is a reason for that....there is hope here on this board.....this was the most fun of any type season since, maybe ever.....i listened to the radio today and AU basketball was mentioned alongside UK,UNC,DOOK-ie!....hearing that made me feel a bit better from saturday, though not a helluva' lot

18 hours ago, doverstutts said:

there is a reason for that....there is hope here on this board.....this was the most fun of any type season since, maybe ever.....i listened to the radio today and AU basketball was mentioned alongside UK,UNC,DOOK-ie!....hearing that made me feel a bit better from saturday, though not a helluva' lot

I was listening to Childers on 84 after uva won and he was going over the last of each of their last three games and he repeated his line about the Auburn game twice (dont remember the exact line) but he sounded like he felt it for Auburn more than the other two teams. The Auburn situation was indisputable relative to the double dribble and I think that is why all of the sympathy. I don’t feel as bad as I did Saturday but I still get angry when I hear the pining over UVA

To be honest, spring ball has become worthless for us fans.  The media gets to see next to nothing.  Barely anyone is available for interviews.  Those that get to are limited in what they can say.  We have a coach who just repeats the same crap every spring.  All we really have as fans is to hope for no news of injuries, attrition or trouble.  A-Day attendance is tanking as well.  Just 28,033 attended last year.  83,401 attended his first A-Day and we have steadily declined to one of the worst attended in the last 25 years thanks to him purposely making it boring.

On 4/7/2019 at 1:17 PM, BJCrawford said:

This will make Mikey mad

47 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

To be honest, spring ball has become worthless for us fans.  The media gets to see next to nothing.  Barely anyone is available for interviews.  Those that get to are limited in what they can say.  We have a coach who just repeats the same crap every spring.  All we really have as fans is to hope for no news of injuries, attrition or trouble.  A-Day attendance is tanking as well.  Just 28,033 attended last year.  83,401 attended his first A-Day and we have steadily declined to one of the worst attended in the last 25 years thanks to him purposely making it boring.

Not to mention, random players are lauded for their play in the spring only to disappear in the fall, etc...

no interview, coach statement, player statement, a day performance, media article or inside info is ever accurate come game time in the fall.  From a football fan perspective the spring is meaningless.  

I think it and the watered down recruiting coverage has helped numb fans and contributed slightly to fan apathy.

i pay very little attention to it anymore 

That's because "nothing to see here" is all we get regarding Auburn football. There is no actual news to follow. As far as Gus is telling us, all is well, we had a good practice, guys are competing for positions, we had a good practice, a couple of guys are banged up, we had a good practice, it was a good practice, it was a good practice. The end.

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Bruce is a media darling and such a fun guy. Gus wears tighty whiteys and listens to James Taylor 

I adore James Taylor, but you are spot-on about Coach Pearl. I have FINALLY figured out who he reminds me of, looks and leadership style...#johnmaxwell...and I am mystified to find myself drawn to this board still...with little regard to the other...that is what passion will do for you. He made me believe and care. #contagious

17 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

I adore James Taylor, but you are spot-on about Coach Pearl. I have FINALLY figured out who he reminds me of, looks and leadership style...#johnmaxwell...and I am mystified to find myself drawn to this board still...with little regard to the other...that is what passion will do for you. He made me believe and care. #contagious

Maxwell is a good choice. I saw this commercial over the weekend and the Flex Seal Guy reminded me of Bruce. 

Screenshot_20190410-223101~2.png

Wait!  We still have a Football Forum?!?!?!?

Last year's BB team was fun.

This year's BB team was amazing!!!  I have definitely had more fun watching BB than FB the last 2 years, and it's not really close. 

Now if we could just get both sports firing on all cylinders at the same time, as well as a nice Baseball postseason run or 2, it would be perfect!

15 hours ago, AURex said:

That's because "nothing to see here" is all we get regarding Auburn football. There is no actual news to follow. As far as Gus is telling us, all is well, we had a good practice, guys are competing for positions, we had a good practice, a couple of guys are banged up, we had a good practice, it was a good practice, it was a good practice. The end.

So just bump this post every few days and we do not have to read😬

This is just the cycle of the forum.  Around this time of the year the forum isn’t as active.  That’s why you see threads that never die and people argue about the same topic for months because there is nothing to talk about.  Nothing more.  There is still just as much activity on the football side, it just seems there is more on this side as we were still in the season.  There are fewer posters on the basketball side, but they post more per poster I have noticed.  On the football side, there are more posters, but each person posts less.

47 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

This is just the cycle of the forum.  Around this time of the year the forum isn’t as active.  That’s why you see threads that never die and people argue about the same topic for months because there is nothing to talk about.  Nothing more.  There is still just as much activity on the football side, it just seems there is more on this side as we were still in the season.  There are fewer posters on the basketball side, but they post more per poster I have noticed.  On the football side, there are more posters, but each person posts less.

There are hope and good consistent performance with basketball. Two things football can change any time it chooses. That is all. Timeline for bb is over and I'm still here. #nottimelines #justlovehope

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

tenor.gif

LMAO I'm an idiot I wrote basketball instead of football. 

Not even gonna gonna edit it. Shame me, all. I deserve it. 

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

LMAO I'm an idiot I wrote basketball instead of football. 

Not even gonna gonna edit it. Shame me, all. I deserve it. 

It's good when we can laugh at ourselves.

Archived