Brown choke sign

BigSammyK

This image has gone viral today and I’m wondering about the context and if there’s any defense for it. Was Brown actually directing it towards Guy or was he trying to call some sort of set? 

Im really hoping I can defend him because right now it’s a bad look. 

A7318FDE-CC06-4803-8B68-2376D9F3AC5C.jpeg

Don’t know the context, but it doesn’t move the needle for me either way to be honest. If he’s doing it with intent, it’s a harmless psychological gesture which is the only control a senior facing his last seconds in his college career had over the situation at the time.

If it’s a play call (doubtful) , well then it doesn’t need defended at all. I could not care less if that picture is gaining a circulation on social media. It’s not a throat slash, it’s not classlessly harassing a player, it’s just competition as far as I’m concerned. Auburn knows who Bryce Brown is; to hell with what knee-jerk reactions others might make based on a picture in time. 

15 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Don’t know the context, but it doesn’t move the needle for me either way to be honest. If he’s doing it with intent, it’s a harmless psychological gesture which is the only control a senior facing his last seconds in his college career had over the situation at the time.

If it’s a play call (doubtful) , well then it doesn’t need defended at all. I could not care less if that picture is gaining a circulation on social media. It’s not a throat slash, it’s not classlessly harassing a player, it’s just competition as far as I’m concerned. Auburn knows who Bryce Brown is; to hell with what knee-jerk reactions others might make based on a picture in time. 

Couldn't say it better myself.  Agree 100%

Only the snowflakes care!

My issue is not about people being offended by it, it's more of a pride thing for Bryce and AU. I don't like the idea of people showing me things like this: 

AU UVA.png

Just now, BigSammyK said:

My issue is not about people being offended by it, it's more of a pride thing for Bryce and AU. I don't like the idea of people showing me things like this: 

AU UVA.png

It’ll last all of a day or two. 

Javon did it when the guy was at the line in the exact same situation vs New Mexico State in the first round. It worked then. Did not now. People will do anything for a excuse to make a meme.

Bryce is standing behind him. He can't possibly see him. I don't see any big deal and I'm usually the one telling everyone to "be nice". Besides, I have noticed that Bryce puts his hands up to his neck as a gesture often. Go back and look at games. It's usually one hand. He was probably nervous as heck and put both hands up. Not excusing him. Just don't think it's that big a deal.

55 minutes ago, BigSammyK said:

AU UVA.png

Not wanting to have to eat the shame that comes with getting meme’d on is just what happens. If it works and we’re in OT right now, then you’re the one making fun. It happens 

We have a little thing we do when an opponent is about to hit a putt to beat you, but it can be done with your hand in your pocket. I guess since Bryce didn't have any pockets he chose this. I was hoping the dude would choke myself. Anybody that has a problem with it should shut up, and get over it. 

I have it on good authority that it's not what it appears. Bryce was one of the ones who ran a fever a couple of days before the game. He was just checking to see if he could feel any swelling in his throat or tonsils. That's all, nothing for anyone to get worked up over. :)

You've got to be kidding, right?

The only person who has any right to be "offended" is Kyle Guy and if I'm him, I'm glad Bryce Brown did it and I'm laughing my ass off.  As they say, if you don't like it do something about it.  He did, they won.  The people who think it's offensive never played anything competitive. 

Not even Tiddlywinks....

5 hours ago, BigSammyK said:

This image has gone viral today and I’m wondering about the context and if there’s any defense for it. Was Brown actually directing it towards Guy or was he trying to call some sort of set? 

A7318FDE-CC06-4803-8B68-2376D9F3AC5C.jpeg

J’von did it to to New Mexico State. And the picture is exactly how he meant it. He wanted Guy to choke in the moment. Not a big deal. 

6 hours ago, BigSammyK said:

AU UVA.png

Someone needs to buy that ref in the background some glasses. Isn't he the one that was looking right at the double dribble and didn't call it?

9 hours ago, BigSammyK said:

A bad look? Nah. It's a player in the moment hoping that a great free throw shooter chokes and you know what? The only "bad look" would be the winners of that game or their fans  being upset about it...or some AU fans being in agreement with them.  Game's over. No one gives a sh*t.

Archived