Team returns to Auburn Arena.

GwillMac6

Look who is one of the first ones to greet them. Deshaun Davis. He is all Auburn to the core and loves AU with every fiber in his being. 

46 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Marcello had a good question. Does Bryce have his number retired? Great numbers and really the heart and soul of greatest team in AU history. I think definitely yes.

12 minutes ago, CR said:

Marcello had a good question. Does Bryce have his number retired? Great numbers and really the heart and soul of greatest team in AU history. I think definitely yes.

I was thinking about this earlier. I say YES

36 minutes ago, CR said:

I think him and Harper both get their numbers retired as the 2 best players (along with chuma) on our first final 4 team. 

4 minutes ago, SlocombTiger said:

If Harper returns next year I say yes without question. 

I don’t even see why you’d have to have him return, he’s every bit as responsible for this success as Bryce, and also had to go through the dark period before last season. It wasn’t AS dark, but it wasn’t good certainly. He’s already the most successful PG in the program’s history, not sure what else he could do to reinforce that next season 

18 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don’t even see why you’d have to have him return, he’s every bit as responsible for this success as Bryce, and also had to go through the dark period before last season. It wasn’t AS dark, but it wasn’t good certainly. He’s already the most successful PG in the program’s history, not sure what else he could do to reinforce that next season 

I agree with this. I guess returning would just solidify the decision. In my opinion he is absolutely the best PG already to ever wear the O&B

WAR EAGLE!!!

Retiring jersey numbers is pretty much the way to honor a player but what would you think about naming a section in the arena for Bryce and Jared? The lower section is already lettered. Name section B the Brown section and section H the Harper section. 

31 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don’t like the idea of retiring 1 and 2, I feel like putting their jerseys in the rafters is a necessity though 

Legit question here. No disrespect intended. What's the difference in retiring the numbers and hanging the jerseys in the rafters?  I  understand those numbers wouldn't be used if retired but what else makes you feel that way? 

WAR EAGLE!!!

1 minute ago, SlocombTiger said:

Legit question here. No disrespect intended. What's the difference in retiring the numbers and hanging the jerseys in the rafters?  I  understand those numbers wouldn't be used if retired but what else makes you feel that way? 

WAR EAGLE!!!

AU hasn't retired many jerseys and yet has had some really outstanding players over the years that younger fans and posters never had the pleasure of seeing.   Guess I'd be not be retiring jerseys but to hang them in the awards area would be a good way to recognize their contributions.     

Austin Wiley apparently spoke with the seniors today. There’s some people speculating that means he’s leaving. I’m not sure if there is anything to this, but where would he be going? Don’t think he’ll get drafted after this season, and don’t really get why he would transfer now that he will be playing heavy minutes next season. 

21 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Austin Wiley apparently spoke with the seniors today. There’s some people speculating that means he’s leaving. I’m not sure if there is anything to this, but where would he be going? Don’t think he’ll get drafted after this season, and don’t really get why he would transfer now that he will be playing heavy minutes next season. 

Guess perhaps that is the question.....how much time he would see?     We have young guys coming in and several starters coming back and if Okeke makes a good recovery, there are not that many more (new) minutes available that he could fill   He might get some or most of Spencer's time perhaps but if DP is ready to go from Day 1, he will be getting more time too.    It would be nice to see AW playing 20-25 minutes but guess I don't see it.  :dunno:

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

It looked to me like any of the players that wanted to speak could speak.

21 minutes ago, Grumps said:

It looked to me like any of the players that wanted to speak could speak.

Exactly!  Rod was trying to get others to speak.  Don't read too much into the ones who did speak. 

Archived