Differences in Auburn and Virginia's offenses

First time I've watched someone break down our offense, systematically it seems pretty good. The spacing is fantastic, it spread open the pack line D, we couldn't bury shots though, and I wish we had more off ball screens. UVA's offense was clogged up the entire day and they depend on us not knowing when to switch and when to go under/over.  I thought we had bad screen IQ throughout the season, and it kinda showed for most of that game. Our best stretches (the ends of the halves) was where we just basically ran through the blockers. I'd say we forced them into more shots than they forced us tbh

I think down the stretch, Bruce's vision with how we were supposed to attack the pack line came alive. The help that comes with the packline on the main ballhandler blew up in their face and Bryce got tons of good looks. I don't think we got into the action fast enough with the "heat check" Bryce had with a minute left, but that's the only poorly executed set I remember us running down the stretch

I know the game/season's over, but I'm just doing this for people - like myself - that thought for the longest Bruce didn't have sets and just ran a freefrom, 3 and run system with no changeup. I think he'll be able to adjust next season 

The Bryce foul once he got past half court was...whew...looking back.

Edit: I can understand Bryce's frustration though, he tried to get the foul before Jerome cross half court, which would've forced them to inbound it again full court. If you call either the double dribble or the jersey grab, it essentially ends the game for UVA either way. Maybe they could've made a 3/4ths heave, but I doubt it 

Archived