Time to reward BP now!

aucat

8 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

his contract should have performance bonuses.   

It does, his base needs to be more too. https://www.al.com/auburnbasketball/2019/04/how-much-will-bruce-pearl-make-in-bonuses-for-ncaa-tournament-run.html 

y Sam Blum | SBlum@al.com

Auburn basketball head coach Bruce Pearl made his first-ever Division I Final Four during this NCAA Tournament run, and he’s getting rewarded handsomely for his program’s success.

According to a report from USA Today, Pearl has already collected $400,000 in bonuses for Auburn’s success this season — around $250,000 of which came from winning its last three games against Kansas, North Carolina and Kentucky.

If Auburn were to win on Saturday against Virginia, Pearl would collect another $100,000, and a national championship win would net him an additional $200,000, on top of the 1K he could make on Saturday. Pearl makes $2.6 million annually, ranking him eighth among SEC coaches this season.

44 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Forgive my ignorance, but does the $4.4 mean his contract will keep rising after each season? Or does that include bonuses? Or does that mean he’ll be making $4.4/season when he signs the new contract?

10 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Forgive my ignorance, but does the $4.4 mean his contract will keep rising after each season? Or does that include bonuses? Or does that mean he’ll be making $4.4/season when he signs the new contract?

I assumed it meant it means $3.8M the moment he signs and by the time the life of his contract comes to an end it will be worth $4.4M/year

19 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I assumed it meant it means $3.8M the moment he signs and by the time the life of his contract comes to an end it will be worth $4.4M/year

That is how I read that as well.  Man I would like to get a 46% pay raise!

35 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Forgive my ignorance, but does the $4.4 mean his contract will keep rising after each season?

Probably. Even his current deal will rise to 3 mil in the future with no other adjustments to contract.

They need to add to Coach Pearl's contractual bonus for this performance. Add in some extra money and get him to $1 million in total bonus money for the 18/19 season. He deserves every penny.

On 4/11/2019 at 12:32 PM, LKEEL75 said:

That is how I read that as well.  Man I would like to get a 46% pay raise!

Take a team, that wasn’t expected to even sniff a final Four , to the Final Four! Easy peasy!

8 minutes ago, toddc said:

Take a team, that wasn’t expected to even sniff a final Four , to the Final Four! Easy peasy!

We were preseason top 10. It wasn’t as big of a Cinderella story as people make it out to be

56 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

We were preseason top 10. It wasn’t as big of a Cinderella story as people make it out to be

Mid-season there was talk of us not even getting in though.

3 hours ago, toddc said:

Mid-season there was talk of us not even getting in though.

The only talk was from Auburn message boards. No one outside the Auburn bubble thought we were ever in any serious danger to miss it. 

Archived