Praying 🙏 for Samantha Cerio

toddc

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/college-gymnast-suffers-devastating-leg-injury-during-floor-routine

I know this is the football forum, but I wanted to be sure we lift this brave, awesome and great Auburn athlete up in prayer! Horrible injuries and something that should never happen to any athlete. Please don’t even watch the video, it’s too painful to watch.

I want to point out that this wasn’t a simple patella dislocation. This athlete had total dislocation of BOTH knees with tibial fractures. This would be a devastating injury on one knee alone. In addition, with total knee dislocation, there is disruption of the blood flow to the leg. The staff on scene from AU and  LSU were amazing, and in effect saved this athlete’s legs from possible amputation (if things had gone unrelieved for too long) with their quick and thorough work on scene through her hospital care. Prayers for her and WDE. 

Kudos to LSU. 

1 hour ago, passthebiscuits said:

I want to point out that this wasn’t a simple patella dislocation. This athlete had total dislocation of BOTH knees with tibial fractures. This would be a devastating injury on one knee alone. In addition, with total knee dislocation, there is disruption of the blood flow to the leg. The staff on scene from AU and  LSU were amazing, and in effect saved this athlete’s legs from possible amputation (if things had gone unrelieved for too long) with their quick and thorough work on scene through her hospital care. Prayers for her and WDE. 

Kudos to LSU. 

Oh my goodness. So thankful for them. 

I truly wish I could un-see it - absolutely horrendous.  

Prayers for a fast and full recovery and very thankful for the medical staff.     

Most of you know I am a Dawg. But in times like this what school you attended and root for go out the window. Never want to see anyone hurt. Prayers are going out from my family to that young lady and her family. Praying for a full recovery, and that the lord ease the physical and emotional pain her and her family must be enduring. This kind of thing puts things in perspective. Peace and God Bless.

Yeah it's truly a blessing she'll be able to walk again...with the risk assumed of something called "double blind" (I believe that was the move or exhibit they were going for), I'm surprised crazy things like this don't happen more often. Shoutouts to the skill level in this sport, to Samantha Cerio and to everyone else involved

except Jim Nantz

Man, that was hard to watch. My heart goes out to Samantha Cerio, her family and her coaches and teammates.  

On edit...

My own daughter was a gymnast and her name is also Samantha.  She even looks a little like Ms. Cerio.  It really did hurt to watch the video. I can't say how much I hope this young woman makes a full recovery.

New reports now say there are no fractures. Just torn ligaments dislocated knees. Still terrible but different. 

Thanks for the update PTB.  

Praying for this sweet young lady, her fiancé, and the rest of her family and AU Gymnastics family.  🙏🙏🙏

Her attitude is unbelievably AUsome!  She is no doubt a special young lady!!!  Sadly, I did not know her story or how amazing of a person she is until this tragic event.  

Wishing her the best in her recovery and future endeavors.  I have no doubt she is going to be a world class AeroSpace Engineer!

Prayers lifted for this aweomse beautiful young woman . War eagle to you and God Bless . Also huge kudos to both staffs for their urgency . 

I can't imagine the pain of what she felt. Thanks to all the medical staffs who helped. Wow!

Best wishes to Samantha!   What an AUsome young lady and great representative of our university!  May God place his healing hands on her and let her walk down the aisle in style!    And thank goodness for the amazing medical staffs at AU and LSU and for Dr. Andrews and his team!  Y’all are the best!  

Poor girl had to post asking people to quit tagging her in the videos and photos of her injury. 

People are really special these days...

Archived