Official UVA National Champions logo

TitanTiger

Some refs had to be on the take.  You just can't explain the kinds of calls they got the last two games with pure incompetence, can you?

The fix was in by the ncaa.  There is no possible way that the officials miss so many calls to favor one team without it being a concerted effort. 

If Culver would have made that shot to end regulation, I would have found the poetic justice satisfying enough to shut the door from Saturday. 

31 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

If Culver would have made that shot to end regulation, I would have found the poetic justice satisfying enough to shut the door from Saturday. 

That shot was so dumb. Hell I'm so far in my conspiracist theory, I cant explain why he'd help off DeAndre Hunter in a 3 point game to horribly try to contest a layup. Mooney was hitting 3s that whole second half and hes the only person who should be shooting from outside. Hell they were in the bonus and Culver could've just attacked. I dont think it was actually rigged to that extent but what a horrible two plays by him. 

this whole final 4 thing has a tainted smell to it....it looks like an old neglected battery that gets corroded and begins to leak......most  officials are loafers that are too lazy to work and hold a real job, and possess a character that has been compromised.....its why i despise them, and now ya'll see why....i don't know if there was a fix in, but you cannot despute that thought by the officiating that took place in the final 4 games, benefiting ONLY ONE TEAM!!!....the NCAA is headed by the most corrupt piece of human ***t that has ever been a part of sports, even more corrupt than bryants old drinking buddy, walter byars and son, thats corrupt as hell!!!!.....as you can see, there is no such thing as a "good official" just as there is no such thing as a "good politician," they don't exist....did organized crime touch this tournament?....you know that i don't know that, it could just be incompetence on the part of the worthless garbage in the striped shirts, or it might a situation that transpired on the orders of one, mark emmert, that human septic tank with a character like a hollywood movie director......it did look bad,though....there is probably no conspiracy here, just bias on the part of the no good,rooten sobs calling the game, but it would not surprise me to log on one morning while drinking my coffee and see ya'll talking about the FIBS( i got that right) wiretaps catching sports officials interacting with the mob, and sanctioned and coordinated by the watchful eye of the  NCAA....yeah, i'm still pissed

Between the missed double dribble, the doughty foul, the out of bounds reversal, and the phantom trip, the refs decided the entire final 4 and gave UVA the rings

I view the UVA title like the football championship Colorado won after the "fifth down" against Missouri, tainted by the zebras

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Between the missed double dribble, the doughty foul, the out of bounds reversal, and the phantom trip, the refs decided the entire final 4 and gave UVA the rings

Yep, I don’t think I’ve ever seen that many incorrect calls in critical, outcome-deciding times in the game that benefitted one team like what we witnessed.

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

Were they invited to the trophy presentation? Honestly the missed double dribble is the one I still can't process. An official was right behind the play. How does he miss that? The only rational explanation I can come up with is that the ref's had decided to just let them play. I guess Breedling missed that communication.

I will never believe a conspiracy that an organization like the NCAA chooses the winners and tells the refs to make it happen. That said, this was a great tournament soured by 3-4 inexcusable mistakes by the refs. Yes, they are human and they don’t take shots or foul opponents, but they cannot be as poor as they were in the Final Four. 

That said, yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus and he’s wearing black and white in April. 

1 hour ago, CodeRocket said:

Were they invited to the trophy presentation? Honestly the missed double dribble is the one I still can't process. An official was right behind the play. How does he miss that? The only rational explanation I can come up with is that the ref's had decided to just let them play. I guess Breedling missed that communication.

It’s worse than that, there were TWO refs with bird’s eye views of the whole thing:

https://mobile.twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1114683741979336709?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-1937011419944245692.ampproject.net%2F1903281741200%2Fframe.html

46 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

The guy behind the play is 10 feet away looking dead straight at it!  How in the world could he have possibly missed that unless it was intentional?  He should never call another game.  Idiot cost our guys the national championship.  You can argue the later foul, though they had been letting that stuff go the whole game, but the double dribble in not arguable.  

1 hour ago, jared52 said:

I will never believe a conspiracy that an organization like the NCAA chooses the winners and tells the refs to make it happen. That said, this was a great tournament soured by 3-4 inexcusable mistakes by the refs. Yes, they are human and they don’t take shots or foul opponents, but they cannot be as poor as they were in the Final Four. 

That said, yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus and he’s wearing black and white in April. 

Is the ncaa supposed to be some wholesome organization? I’m not sure why they wouldn’t do just that, they’ve done or allowed substantially worse things 

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

You are right bird.  The officiating was the story of the Final 4, not the guys and the coaches who worked their butts off to get there.  I can’t imagine how those clowns got chosen to officiate the two most important games of the year.  

9 hours ago, bigbird said:

I would add the missed intentional foul that occurred on an inbound before the ball was inbounded.  That should have been our ball after the free throws.  

What about the inbound position on the (after double dribble) foul by Brown.  The foul was at the time line but the inbound was at least 8 feet closer to the end line.  This allowed an easier inbound to Guy in the corner. 

17 minutes ago, around4ever said:

I would add the missed intentional foul that occurred on an inbound before the ball was inbounded.  That should have been our ball after the free throws.  

What about the inbound position on the (after double dribble) foul by Brown.  The foul was at the time line but the inbound was at least 8 feet closer to the end line.  This allowed an easier inbound to Guy in the corner. 

It’s not automatically intentional if there’s a foul before the ball is inbounded, though I wonder if a runoff should occur in the event of a foul late like that.  To be honest, it was a good foul in terms of it not being intentional in the strict sense. We all know he meant to, but he put himself in the way of Harper and fouled him without just grabbing him and getting the intentional foul. 

25 minutes ago, around4ever said:

I was wondering about that....and nobody commented....moving the ball down court like that made a major difference in the pass to the shooter.  

Too many unexplainable problems with officiating and NCAA officials seem to be hiding out and dodging any discussion about it. 

5 hours ago, CodeRocket said:

I think it’s that new NCAA officiating rule, where no one watches the guy dribbling the basketball.

Virginia was set up to win the championship this year, as per NCAA/ACC. The storyline, "a comeback from losing to a 16 seed last year to winning the whole thing this year."

I was going to edit their Wikipedia page, however, it may not have been approved.

UVA 2019 asterisk.dib

Archived