**OFFICIAL 2019 MASTERS THREAD**

Barnacle

1 minute ago, kevon67 said:

Same here with Tiger Woods PGA Golf on the 360.........of course it started with Golden Tee in Aladin's Castle😂.

Good for Tiger!!!..........not a fanboy but do love the fact he was able rise from the ashes........people forget he's human.......great win 👍

Well said Brodie!!!! Love it. 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

He had a top 10 at the British last year and go 2nd at the PGA and won the tour championship. This wasn’t a fluke and 43 isn’t that old. He’s not going to dominate like in the past, but I think he’s got another 5 years of very competitive golf in him if he keeps in shape like we know he will

Brodie, I mean he is the second oldest player to win a major ever behind Jack being 46 and winning the 86 masters. 43 is old for Golf. That is the only reason I think it will be really hard. I can see him winning at Pebble Beach. He has absolutely killed it there in the past and loves that course. 

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Brodie, I mean he is the second oldest player to win a major ever behind Jack being 46 and winning the 86 masters. 43 is old for Golf. That is the only reason I think it will be really hard. I can see him winning at Pebble Beach. He has absolutely killed it there in the past and loves that course. 

Difference between the 86 Masters and what Tiger did was Jack really did have the win come out of nowhere. Tiger was ranked somewhere around the top 15 in the world and was playing competitively again.

Tiger probably won’t stay on top long. 43 is not old. If healthy he could defy age a long time. BUT dude just had a spinal fusion! This back won’t hold up to the torque of a golf swing too long. I enjoyed this more than any tournament in a while. He won different. Finau was consistently driving 30 yards past him. He didn’t overpower anything. He played smart. 

6 minutes ago, alexava said:

It’s still beyond weird to watch pros putt with the flag in. 

Adam Scott is a certified weirdo then. I have never seen a golfer do that besides him. And the fact that he used to use that egregious long putter? I DESPISE him lol. 

25 minutes ago, alexava said:

Tiger probably won’t stay on top long. 43 is not old. If healthy he could defy age a long time. BUT dude just had a spinal fusion! This back won’t hold up to the torque of a golf swing too long. I enjoyed this more than any tournament in a while. He won different. Finau was consistently driving 30 yards past him. He didn’t overpower anything. He played smart. 

Agree.......Tiger looks great physically for 43.........comming from a guy that has endured 3 knee surgeries and 1 back..........I imagine Tiger feels more 53...........If healthy Tiger could play much longer and compete at a very high level.

1 hour ago, alexava said:

Everytime I see that I yell out take the flag out its going to cost you two strokes. hard to get use to

1 hour ago, alexava said:

What was the reasoning behind the change?  To speed up the game?  Surely not when some take several minutes to hit a shot.  

44 minutes ago, around4ever said:

What was the reasoning behind the change?  To speed up the game?  Surely not when some take several minutes to hit a shot.  

I don’t think I heard why. On long putts it makes sense. They also changed the drop rule. 

50 minutes ago, around4ever said:

That's what they claim believe it or not. Hard to believe to me

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

That's what they claim believe it or not. Hard to believe to me

Yet they still walk around the green two times looking at the putt from every angle.  I think the caddies have time to pull the pin. 

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Adam Scott is a certified weirdo then. I have never seen a golfer do that besides him. And the fact that he used to use that egregious long putter? I DESPISE him lol. 

Several golfers putted with the flag in at the Masters.....becoming more accepted I guess.  It does speed the game for us amateurs who don't do the walkaround.....and for guys like me, the flag stick helps my depth perception which is not that great. 

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

Several golfers putted with the flag in at the Masters.....becoming more accepted I guess.  It does speed the game for us amateurs who don't do the walkaround.....and for guys like me, the flag stick helps my depth perception which is not that great. 

Long putts it helps depth perception. inside 20’ it would be a distraction to me. 

Archived