Jared Harper declares for the NBA Draft

Maverick.AU

Thank you Jared for everything you’ve done, you’ll always be part of the Auburn Family. Can’t lie, I’m a little 😭 right now

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Good for him. Not much more he can accomplish at this level.  Chase the dream, JH!

God’s plan by Drake doesn’t include finishing out with a N.C.?

Wish him nothing but the best. Auburn legend. 

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

God’s plan by Drake doesn’t include finishing out with a N.C.?

It's such a difficult task to do, even for blue bloods.  I'm glad he and the whole team got a small taste of the college basketball mountaintop, but I totally support his decision.  Plus, I think the next step to increasing Auburn's rep is to start putting guys in the NBA as that's ultimately the goal of prospective recruits.  

His star is shining awfully bright right now.  He gave Auburn 3 fantastic years. Hate to see him go but good for him.

we have another highly regarded freshman coming in.  J’Von will have the experience to help - like Harper had when he was a talented frosh.

3 minutes ago, weathergeakal said:

So he can come back but it sounds to me like he is gone gone. Lets hope he reconsiders and comes back :)

I really wish they wouldn’t do the letter if there is an off chance they come back. Sounds like he is gone gone, but he really may be back. 

Just now, weathergeakal said:

Also. I have not seen him in any mock draft. 

He's not going to get drafted due to the two-round nature that is the NBA draft.  But near the end of the season he started showing up on some top-100 prospect lists for the first time.  I don't think even a senior season could elevate him into a draft pick, but his stock is high right now and he can capitalize on that.

1 minute ago, weathergeakal said:

Nevermind. Marcello with yet again another buzz kill and ruined my thought. 

Good luck and thanks for the memories.  Hopefully some day you make it to the NBA.  If you do this year you will be the 3rd player under 6 feet currently in the league.

What a ride it's been watching this kid grow into best and most accomplished Auburn PG in my lifetime at the very least. 

Him and Brown are the most decorated AU backcourt in history. B2b All-SEC seasons, rings, banners, Final Four. What a run both these guys had. 

Harper was THE ONE guy we could not lose for next season. If we lost Chuma and Wiley? With Harper as the floor general I still would feel we would of made the Tourney next season. Chuma is the best player but Harper is the most valuable. This is a bone rattling crushing loss. These are the kind of breaks you need to go your way in college basketball to keep being a have instead a have not or mediocre. I know there is nothing he can do to improve his stock but he also is just flat out not going to get drafted. So it hurts that he is leaving a year early to go to the G league or Overseas.

HAVING SAID all that. THANK YOU THANK YOU THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK YOU JARED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You were absolutely ASSASSIN when the game was on the line. Absolutely one of the best Auburn players in history Harper and Brown is easily our best backcourt ever. Gave us some of the best memories fans will ever have of not just Auburn basketball but Auburn athletics in general. He absolutely should have his jersey in the rafters with Brown. WAR DAMN JARED HARPER!!!!!!!!

Good luck to him.  Still pumped for next season.  McCormick took a huge step forward late in the year running the offense.

47 seconds ago

I’ll also throw this out there: There’s been some chatter that a certain five-star point guard who is said to have Auburn high on his list could reclassify.

This will be a totally different team next year. I didn’t think he was nba material. I hope I’m wrong now. 

Just now, auburnphan said:

47 seconds ago

I’ll also throw this out there: There’s been some chatter that a certain five-star point guard who is said to have Auburn high on his list could reclassify.

What does this mean?

Just now, alexava said:

What does this mean?

That he got next. 

3 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

47 seconds ago

Archived