Jared Harper declares for the NBA Draft

Maverick.AU

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was really only room for one Jared around here. I would have gladly left though.😭

So thrilled for the guy. What an absolute class Auburn man. I hope he makes millions. 

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Nevermind. Marcello with yet again another buzz kill and ruined my thought. 

I wouldn't put too much stock in anything Marcello says.   Certainly I wish Harper great success (and selfishly) hope he decides to return.  There's no way he or anybody else knows what Harper is thinking or will be thinking if the draft doesn't go the way he thinks/hopes it will. 

It has been so much fun watching Jared grow up.  He has turned into a very good player and young man.  Naysayers, do not underestimate what he can do.  He will be missed by the team and the fans.  I wish him the very best at the next level.  

I have a feeling that he'll light it up in the summer league. There's no doubt in my mind that he'll be able to score in the nba. His size and how that relates to his defense is gonna be his biggest hold back and he obviously has zero control over that. But a 34 year old dude like JJ Berea is still collecting checks in the league. He's close to the same size but has a wide variety of crazy offensive shots. IF Jared continues to develop those little runners and floaters along with obviously staying deadly from 3, some team is gonna give him a long run. He can give a starting PG a breather and the team can still rely on him to get points on the board

All the pieces are falling in to place for us to get Coop.

22 minutes ago, alexava said:

So cooper is a hs Jr?

Yet won HS national player of the year over many great seniors.

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Yet won HS national player of the year over many great seniors.

Has enough credit to graduate and qualify?

War Eagle Jared!  Can’t wait to see you in the NBA!  Don’t hesitate to come back and visit us!  We would love to see you come back for a game or two 

We will miss the biggest little man in basketball today.  Good luck to you and do this in the league.  You will absolutely be there. 

DsZfBbjWsAYQsEd.jpg

I think this is fantastic. His stock is not going to get any higher and outside of having fun, it would be a waste to come back. Bruce has totally lived up to his end of the bargain and is starting to get guys to the pro ranks. Win win for everyone. Good luck to Jared. Dude has made himself into an all time great AU baller. 

2 hours ago, alexava said:

So cooper is a hs Jr?

Yes, but he may reclassify like Kira did for Bama. Our worst case scenario was actually him doing so and ending up at UK. Now that we have a starting job at 1 open, we’re sitting pretty even should he come out early. 

Man it’s going to be really weird watching Auburn play next season and not have Harper at PG. I hope he catches on with a team. I think he can be successful in the nba. He’ll have to get a bit more consistent with the outside shot but I think he can do it.  

He’s a hands down all time AU great on the hardwoods. No player deserves more credit for AUs ascension to bball school then this guy. I’m not sure if I’ll miss the deep dagger 3s or the super smooth oops more but I know the AU team next season is going to have to figure out a completely new identity. Cause this is the heart of our team. I think we have the players to keep this thing going but this is the end of an era. War Eagle Harper! Thanks for the good times 🦅

6 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Sharife is considering coming out a year early

I heard today that Cooper now may not come out early. Not sure but it could be bc he now can’t graduate early or he decided to stay another year. 

Can someone verify what I heard? 

If he’s staying I hope it’s not bc KY Haggans is not going pro. 

7 hours ago, gravejd said:

Man it’s going to be really weird watching Auburn play next season and not have Harper at PG. I hope he catches on with a team. I think he can be successful in the nba. He’ll have to get a bit more consistent with the outside shot but I think he can do it.  

He’s a hands down all time AU great on the hardwoods. No player deserves more credit for AUs ascension to bball school then this guy. I’m not sure if I’ll miss the deep dagger 3s or the super smooth oops more but I know the AU team next season is going to have to figure out a completely new identity. Cause this is the heart of our team. I think we have the players to keep this thing going but this is the end of an era. War Eagle Harper! Thanks for the good times 🦅

The outside shot is the least of concerns. Defense is the concern. 

Best wishes Jared. You will go down in Auburn history as an unselfish team player who gave everything he had and then some to make his team a winner. The NBA franchise who gets you will be very fortunate to have a man of your character and talent in its organization. Thanks for the memories and War Eagle forever!

:wareagle:

Archived