Jared Harper declares for the NBA Draft

Maverick.AU

7 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I see it as the light coming on for him later in the year.  I think that is the Jvon we will see to start the year.  Towards the end of year there were times I rather would have had Jvon in there instead of Harper.  Jvon was the main catalyst in the SEC championship win and the UNC game when Jared couldn't stay in the first half with foul trouble.  Now I don't see him putting in 30-35 mins a game, and think we will have a lot of mixing it up running point this year. He has earned my trust with the ball in his hands though. 

He finally got his confidence.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I see it as the light coming on for him later in the year.  I think that is the Jvon we will see to start the year.  Towards the end of year there were times I rather would have had Jvon in there instead of Harper.  Jvon was the main catalyst in the SEC championship win and the UNC game when Jared couldn't stay in the first half with foul trouble.  Now I don't see him putting in 30-35 mins a game, and think we will have a lot of mixing it up running point this year. He has earned my trust with the ball in his hands though. 

I am going to miss having a awesome 3 point shooter as our starting Point Guard. That is such a huge key in a Pearl offense. 

48 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I am going to miss having a awesome 3 point shooter as our starting Point Guard. That is such a huge key in a Pearl offense. 

Yes.  Just walk it up to about 35 feet and Jack it up and usually in!

I wish Harper nothing but the best. Above all else the item that will affect his ability to play in the league will be, who can he defend. I would expect him to get put in uncomfortable defensive situations in workouts to see who he can defend. 

Hooks is saying despite the reports from the media regarding Harper being gone no matter what, that if he doesn’t get picked to participate in the NBA combine and if other things don’t work out that his family very well could decide it’s best for him to come back. We need to be paying attention to that. Odds of returning is probably slim but let’s not forget that the option is still there, and people change their minds all the time.

11 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Hooks is saying despite the reports from the media regarding Harper being gone no matter what, that if he doesn’t get picked to participate in the NBA combine and if other things don’t work out that his family very well could decide it’s best for him to come back. We need to be paying attention to that. Odds of returning is probably slim but let’s not forget that the option is still there, and people change their minds all the time.

That is only if he doesn't hire an agent.  Right?  

I thought if he hires an agent then he can't return to AU.

7 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

That is only if he doesn't hire an agent.  Right?  

I thought if he hires an agent then he can't return to AU.

New rule is he’s still eligible just has to part from the agent after returning. 

9 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

New rule is he’s still eligible just has to part from the agent after returning. 

So long as it is an agent that is registered with the NCAA

Archived