All Things A-Day Game/ Visitors list update

toddc

Auburn Gameday: Complete fan guide to A-Day 2019

By Jeremy Henderson

Posted Apr 11, 10:22 AM

JORDAN-HARE STADIUM GATES OPEN: 1:00 p.m. (CT)

KICKOFF: 3:00 p.m. (CT)

TV: SEC Network

If it slipped up on you this year, it’s obviously understandable. But it’s time to put Minneapolis behind you, shift gears, settle in and embrace position battle coverage for the next four months: A-Day is here again! Here’s what you need to know about the upcoming $5 sneak peek at the 2019 Auburn Tigers.

FRIDAY

There’s plenty to keep you busy if you’re coming early.

Auburn Women’s tennis is taking on Missouri at the Yarbrough Tennis Center Friday at 2 p.m. Admission is free.

The ATO Lutzie 43 Foundation is hosting its A-Day Power Puff and 7-on-7 Tournament from 5 - 9 p.m. on the football practice fields and at the old track.

You know that whole Football Fans and Feathers thing they do at the raptor center on home game Friday nights? Well the same thing is happening this week, only they’re calling it the Wing Fling. Five bucks at $5 p.m. and photo ops galore. You think a selfie with an owl won’t get some likes? Think again.

And at 6 p.m., Auburn Softball spars with South Carolina at Jane B. Moore Field.

SATURDAY

Saturday’s weather actually might make for an A-Day game ideal. Plenty of clouds to keep you from squinting yourself into a migraine, but with only a slight chance of rain and a high of 80 or so.

Looking to park on campus? Listen up: The Athletic Complex lot, the stadium deck, the Auburn Arena lot, the old track lot, E Coliseum (until 11 a.m.) and Plainsman Park are reserved parking. All other lots are free. First-come, first-served. If you took in Friday’s softball game and kept your ticket stub, you can park in the McWhorter Center and Home Plate lot beginning at 8 a.m.

As for RVs and stuff, the hayfields on South Donahue open up at 2 p.m. Thursday.

There will be a Punt, Pass and Kick contest for 1st through 6th graders going down on the football practice fields at 11:30 a.m. You can find the entrance off Biggio Drive. It probably won’t be as exciting as that race against Bo Jackson that time, but still. (Of course there’s a form.)

So Coca-Cola is sponsoring a free pre-game petting zoo from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. Do I smell a new tradition? Or is it just the goats? Time will tell. It's happening on Nichols Lawn, and there'll be bounce houses, too. Standard Fan Fest fare.

Auburn Legends 7-on-7 Flag Football.

There won’t be an eagle flight Saturday. But there might be another must-see—the Auburn Legends Lettermen Flag Football game. Yep, some big names are returning to the Plains for a friendly game of I-Still-Got-It. On the Jason Campbell captained Orange Team we have former stars and fan favorites like Onterio McCalebb, Brandon Cox and T’Sharvan Bell, just to name a few. The Ronnie Brown Blue Team features Chris Todd, Marrio Fannin, Corey Barlow and Terry “Helium” Daniel, just to name few. Should be good. It’s 7-on-7 and starts at 1:15 p.m.

What would A-Day be without an autograph session? May we never know the answer. This year, it’s once again down on the field after the game. Gus and the guys will hang around for 45 minutes or so, so pack up a Sharpie for a single piece of memorabilia. The powers that big are enforcing a one-item-per-person philosophy.

Which top prospects are visiting Auburn for A-Day weekend?

Today 7:07 AM

Josh Bean | AL.com

Jackson-Olin linebacker Quindarrius robinson (wearing No. 275) participates in The Opening Atlanta recruiting showcase on March 24, 2019, at Stockbridge High in suburban Atlanta. (Josh Bean | jbean@al.com)

3shares

By Josh Bean | jbean@al.com

Auburn is entertaining a number of major 2020 targets during A-Day weekend, as well as a number of committed players.

Jackson-Olin linebacker Quindarrius Robinson, a former Auburn commit who recently visited Nebraska, will be back on campus. He's now ranked as the state's No. 1 player in the Class of 2020, according to 247Sports.

Other in-state players expected to be on campus Hillcrest-Evergreen 4-star linebacker Cameron Riley, Pleasant Grove outside linebacker Rodney Groce and 2021 Mobile Christian linebacker Deontae Lawson. All are uncommitted.

Valdosta (Ga.) receiver Jaheim Bell is making his first visit to Auburn and Lake Wales (Fla.) quarterback Chayil Garnett is making his second visit. Garnett receiver his Auburn last month, and the Tigers remain one of the few Power 5 schools to offer the 6-foot-2, 205-pound dual-threat quarterback.

Winter Park (Fla.)'s Ethan Pouncey, a fast-rising cornerback prospect, is also scheduled to visit Auburn this weekend. Florida, Florida State and Miami (Fla.) are all recruiting Pouncey heavily.

Issiah Walker, a South Carolina commitment from Norland High in Miami, is also scheduled to visit. A 6-foot-4, 285-pounder, Walker is ranked among the nation's top 15 offensive tackles.

Other major 2020 prospects expected to attend A-Day include Hampton (Ga.) defensive end Will Anderson, who also had offers from Alabama and LSU; Apopka (Fla.) defensive linema Jalen Carter, who is also being recruiting by Florida and Florida State; and Callaway (Ga.) offensive lineman Tate Johnson. All three are rated as 4-star recruits.

Auburn currently has six committed players, and all five of the high school commitments are expected to be in town for A-Day.

https://www.al.com/sports/2019/04/which-top-prospects-are-visiting-auburn-for-a-day-weekend.html

1 hour ago, toddc said:

it’s time to put Minneapolis behind you,

i will NEVER put minneapolis behind me and my hatred for sports officials intensifies with every day that passes

7 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

i will NEVER put minneapolis behind me and my hatred for sports officials intensifies with every day that passes

I'm sure there are a lot of sports officials who do their job very well. They just never get assigned to the Auburn games. ☹️

Idea for A-Day with so many mobile QB's... put flags on them? Play wraps? Two hand touch? There needs to not be many running plays because we need to see some serious reps by each and every qb option.

25 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

We aren't called barners for nothing.

As for RVs and stuff, the hayfields on South Donahue open up at 2 p.m. Thursday

Noticed that too. Still happy to be a barner and not a bammer. 

Archived