Softball Pitching

See that Martin is out until at least post season......so looks like it's up to the rest of those young ladies to get Auburn there.

https://www.al.com/auburn/2019/04/auburn-pitcher-makayla-martin-wont-return-until-the-postseason-if-at-all.html 

Seem to have some pretty solid hitting now which is encouraging. 

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

See that Martin is out until at least post season......so looks like it's up to the rest of those young ladies to get Auburn there.

https://www.al.com/auburn/2019/04/auburn-pitcher-makayla-martin-wont-return-until-the-postseason-if-at-all.html 

Seem to have some pretty solid hitting now which is encouraging. 

I’m glad Harris has finally seemed to get her groove on the mound we’re gonna need her for the rest of the season if we want to host a regional 

It will be interesting to see if MM can get any type of red-shirt so her last season is not a loss. Hate for her to go out that way, as much as she has helped this team since she was a freshman...

If she is a Senior this year, she may not want the redshirt anyway.  If she graduates, then she would hav to be a grad student to use her redshirt.  Hate to see her go, but would understand her decision if it was time to move on.

46 minutes ago, GBAU83 said:

If she is a Senior this year, she may not want the redshirt anyway.  If she graduates, then she would hav to be a grad student to use her redshirt.  Hate to see her go, but would understand her decision if it was time to move on.

Also considering California is home, that might enter into any decision.  My understanding is that to get a "medical redshirt" the debilitating injury must happen prior to 2nd half of season and she qualifies in that regard.  Also must have played less than 30% of season.  She played in 17 games of a 55 game season (if my quick count is correct) then 17/55 = 30.9%.  

9 minutes ago, slot canyon said:

Also considering California is home, that might enter into any decision.  My understanding is that to get a "medical redshirt" the debilitating injury must happen prior to 2nd half of season and she qualifies in that regard.  Also must have played less than 30% of season.  She played in 17 games of a 55 game season (if my quick count is correct) then 17/55 = 30.9%.  

If post season games count, we need to play in at least four post season games to get her below 30%.  Honestly, I'm not sure she would want to redshirt if it is available to her.  

Archived