2020 5* F Greg Brown (Texas)

aucanucktiger

On 4/17/2020 at 5:59 PM, ellitor said:

An insider on The Bunker said Greg got a $400,000 offer on the table from the G-League, with plus potential shoe deal endorsement.

Honestly does anyone really think he should pass up a deal like this?  It would be great to have him at Auburn for a year but honestly he should take that money and go sharpen his skills for a year before heading to the NBA. He has to do what is best for him and his family.. that would be almost an impossible offer to turn down. 

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The G-League has changed things dramatically. That said it effects only a small number of the total players out there. It could hurt the Blue Bloods as much as anybody. A lot of the Blue Bloods have been preaching you are one and done we can bring you in raise your stock and get you a higher position in the draft. A lot of that higher position is due to exposure. What happens when they actually have slightly less talented players and have to develop them. Bruce can sell I took a Brown and a Harper and developed them enough that they got a shot at the league. Then Okoro and Okeke were not originally considered one and done type and one it took two years and one it took one year to not only get drafted but get drafted in 1st round. 

Everybody in the Top 150 thinks he can go pro it is not realistic but they still think it. Bruce has shown he can take that type player and get him a shot. Look at how many players on the Auburn 2018 team made it to the Pro's maybe not all in the NBA but playing for good money doing what they love and when that ends they will have an Auburn degree to fall back on. If they didn't graduate I bet Bruce will find a way to get them back in Campus and help them finish.

That is what Bruce can sell a proven product that wins helps players improve get them a shot at the pro's and gets them a degree from a great school.

Why is it so so quiet on the Brown front w/ just one day left before he announces? This is nothing like the chatter we got all week for Green.

Is it a done deal he is going to Texas, or is the G League off the table bc they are not offering big money like Green got(rumor is no more than 200k being offered to Brown)?

Or is the quiet meaning we still are in it?

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

Why is it so so quiet on the Brown front w/ just one day left before he announces?

@steeleagle Because it's been a foregone conclusion for about a week he's not picking AU. G League has been trending big.

Is it a done deal he is going to Texas, or is the G League off the table bc they are not offering big money like Green got(rumor is no more than 200k being offered to Brown)?

The reports are $400k.

Or is the quiet meaning we still are in it?

Nope. All AU insiders said he was going elsewhere a week ago & haven't touched the subject since.

1 hour ago, Kaiiu said:

I'm trying not to get too worked up about all this

Don't

1 hour ago, Kaiiu said:

is saying all 3 are even

Not what AU insiders are saying or thinking.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Don't

Not what AU insiders are saying or thinking.

Why does he post ‘college’ announcement if he is planning to go pro? Seems weird to me

57 minutes ago, DonDraper said:

Why does he post ‘college’ announcement if he is planning to go pro? Seems weird to me

Jalen did the same thing. Kids will be kids.

4 hours ago, Kaiiu said:

https://anchor.fm/jake-crain/episodes/INTEL-Greg-Brown-ed5huq

Here's some intel. I'm trying not to get too worked up about all this, but Jake's source (first cousin of Greg Brown) is saying all 3 are even (Texas, Auburn, G-League) and dad is keeping Auburn in it. 

@Jake Crain another new listener!!! LETS GOOO!!! WOOOOO!!! 

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

@steeleagle Because it's been a foregone conclusion for about a week he's not picking AU. G League has been trending big.

The reports are $400k.

Nope. All AU insiders said he was going elsewhere a week ago & haven't touched the subject since.

They are not offering him enough money now is why he still may go to the college route is the newest bit of info suppsoedly. For the record there has been nothing all week on the Texas 247 board.

16 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

They are not offering him enough money now is why he still may go to the college route is the newest bit of info suppsoedly.

Thanks! All I saw was JHead's post from last week, who Coach knows well. Is this info in coach's podcast? I haven't listened & plan to after supper.

5 hours ago, Kaiiu said:

https://anchor.fm/jake-crain/episodes/INTEL-Greg-Brown-ed5huq

Here's some intel. I'm trying not to get too worked up about all this, but Jake's source (first cousin of Greg Brown) is saying all 3 are even (Texas, Auburn, G-League) and dad is keeping Auburn in it. 

Doesn’t sound like AU has much of a shot still then if dad is the only reason AU is in it.

8 minutes ago, jared52 said:

if dad is the only reason AU is in it.

Historically that's a sign a team is very much in it.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Thanks! All I saw was JHead's post from last week, who Coach knows well. Is this info in coach's podcast? I haven't listened & plan to after supper.

It sure is! Wooooo

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

They are not offering him enough money now is why he still may go to the college route is the newest bit of info suppsoedly. For the record there has been nothing all MONTH on the Texas 247 board.

FIFY. They really do not care.

12 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

FIFY. They really do not care.

That would be hilarious to put in our recruiting pitch. SEE THIS TEXAS MESSAGE BOARD?!?!?! NOT A PEEP OF ANY HINT OF BASKETBALL!!!!!!!!! lol

3 hours ago, DonDraper said:

It’s the new hip thing the kids are doing.

36 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

So G league is probably out and UT is still the favorite by the last couple of posts. 

Me...

r8lp8h3d7uhx.gif

Archived